PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

Eschelon 07-22-2010 04:47 PM

Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngpro83 (Post 1876248)
where the hell is Mighty Mike??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summit (Post 1878287)
Rumor has it he's hacking his new Kin! :mrgreen:

I spoke to Mike the other day. While I do admit that it's ultimately his call in the end, if you asked me I would say the era of MightyRom for the TP2 is about over

Sorry peeps. It was a hell of a ride, though, no? :)

Although I will add: For what it's worth, Mike's really good about leaving doors open, so who knows... Maybe he'll leave us one more goodie basket before he moves on to the vast open fields of both Android and WP7 (yes, he told me he plans to use both). Mike usually gets bored with a phone after several months and wanted to at least play with Android last I spoke with him - but fear not: He's still a die-hard WP7 fanboy in the end :thumbleft:

mcluvntheboss 07-22-2010 05:02 PM

:angry7:That is bad news for all of us TP2 users. MR.X & MIGHTY ROMS are the best out here!=D> As for everybody in the android world they all should be all GEEKED UP!:headbang: Hopefuly X dont leave us.:headbang:

Eschelon 07-22-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcluvntheboss (Post 1878446)
:angry7:That is bad news for all of us TP2 users. MR.X & MIGHTY ROMS are the best out here!=D> As for everybody in the android world they all should be all GEEKED UP!:headbang: Hopefuly X dont leave us.:headbang:

Mike's not leaving us

He's just waiting for some kick-ass WP7 phones to hit the market soon. He just wants to tinker with other devices in the mean time to fill the void :razz:

Kane3162 07-22-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschelon (Post 1878449)
Mike's not leaving us

He's just waiting for some kick-ass WP7 phones to hit the market soon. He just wants to tinker with other devices in the mean time to fill the void :razz:

unless they allow a different UI (which they wont)... I hope "Metro" crash's... possibly the ugliest UI I have ever seen... If I wanted to stare at panels (bricks) I would go look at a panel (brick) wall...

However strip the crappy UI and I want the warm and gooey CE6 core... that would be sexy... (played with a CE6 device... its REALLY sexy, Win98SE style -more XP with classic style enabled, but most will see 98ness- but so much smother then CE5)

EDIT: more details for some of you- https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...mbedded_CE_6.0
EDIT2: it only makes me sad that theres nothing for the latest CE6 revision or CE7 on my MSDN... Q_Q
EDIT3: shows how much I hate the search feature for MSDN... """Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3 - DVD (English)""" 1.1GB... 09 release... want Compact CE7 tho...
EDIT4: also if mike is done with the TP2 that really sucks... Kitchen PLOX (wishful thinking i know, but you cant fault me since we are losing a great mind... first no2chem, then neos2007, now Conflipper and MM)

Eschelon 07-22-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane3162 (Post 1878558)
EDIT4: also if mike is done with the TP2 that really sucks... Kitchen PLOX (wishful thinking i know, but you cant fault me since we are losing a great mind... first no2chem, then neos2007, now Conflipper and MM)

Remember, he's not officially done until he himself says so

But no phone lasts forever. Although Mighty has been really good this past year about branching out and creating ROMs for devices that he doesn't even use... maybe he'll continue to cook for the TP2 once he no longer uses it himself

So don't give up on him yet. He may still stick around for a while yet. And once the TP2 finally does reach the end of its days, be sure to follow Mike to whichever device he gets next. I'd be surprised if he doesn't break that one open and cook for it as well. He's too much of a tweaker to sit on a stock ROM ;)

gunner05 07-22-2010 09:18 PM

so many version of Mightyrom, which one should I download? I have TP2 with Sprint. :scratch:

willyjay 07-22-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunner05 (Post 1878879)
so many version of Mightyrom, which one should I download? I have TP2 with Sprint. :scratch:

If this is your first flash, I'd suggest the latest 06.20.10

Wesley762 07-22-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunner05 (Post 1878879)

Try them all, install the first one that downloads the fastest.

gunner05 07-22-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley762 (Post 1878923)
Try them all, install the first one that downloads the fastest.

cheers guys. do i need to install task 29 tool if this is my first flash?

willyjay 07-22-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunner05 (Post 1878931)
cheers guys. do i need to install task 29 tool if this is my first flash?

It's recommended that you get/run task 29 (run it prior to every new flash). Get Ziggy's dl HERE

Ziggy's task 29 runs just like flashing a rom, then only shows the splash screen (touch pro 2), so go into bootloader, then flash your custom rom of choice.

Lot's of folks here are willing to help!