PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

Kane3162 07-14-2010 02:28 AM

Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kliptik (Post 1864829)
Yeah I had seen ppl mention that MR. X's VZW MR2 ROM doesn't have SOD, since he used the new HSPL... But I wasn't under the impresson that it was readily available (it seems I was correct in that by your post).

So for MOST of us, there's no solution for SOD. lol!

Thanks and thanked for the correction/clarification!

Hell if Mr.X has fixed the SOD issue (which is software and hardware control related, IE software not made properly for WM6.5/6.5.x, and clock throttle control) in the latest HSPL then i hope he takes the time to look into activating FM Radio (i would curse here to further emphasize the following, but i wont: I WOULD pay for that!!! -FM that is)... considering the last I heard of that from the main players where that the FM Radio functionality seems to be disabled in the HSPL!

Wesley762 07-14-2010 11:35 AM

Mighty Mike and Mr. X work pretty closely together developing ROM's I am sure if one or the other has found a cure so to speak for the SOD issue, I would be a betting man that they both have it incorporated. SOD is soooo random to who it happens to and when because everyone runs different software installed and different memory cards and different configurations.

And the chances of you seeing the FM raido work is about as good as the chance's of Obama fixing Healthcare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kliptik (Post 1864829)
Yeah I had seen ppl mention that MR. X's VZW MR2 ROM doesn't have SOD, since he used the new HSPL... But I wasn't under the impresson that it was readily available (it seems I was correct in that by your post).

So for MOST of us, there's no solution for SOD. lol!

Thanks and thanked for the correction/clarification!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane3162 (Post 1864854)
Hell if Mr.X has fixed the SOD issue (which is software and hardware control related, IE software not made properly for WM6.5/6.5.x, and clock throttle control) in the latest HSPL then i hope he takes the time to look into activating FM Radio (i would curse here to further emphasize the following, but i wont: I WOULD pay for that!!! -FM that is)... considering the last I heard of that from the main players where that the FM Radio functionality seems to be disabled in the HSPL!

MightyMike 07-14-2010 11:41 AM

SOD is radio controlled.

I've been using stock telus radio on my phone and have not had an SOD since the start of 2010.

Flash a Sprint radio, and poof. I can get SOD in a matter of minutes.

I've been saying this for quite a while now.

:)

Kane3162 07-14-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyMike (Post 1865216)
SOD is radio controlled.

I've been using stock telus radio on my phone and have not had an SOD since the start of 2010.

I have had a the Sprint (latest) ROM, with 0 SOD issues, however I can re-create the SOD with ANY radio... I explained this earlier and even said what I used to reliably recreate a SOD on any phone/rom... (im too lazy to search it, but its in this thread)

proxhack 07-14-2010 12:11 PM

I have 2.30.00WV radio and it works fine too.

boggsie 07-14-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyMike (Post 1865216)
SOD is radio controlled.

Stock as in 1.96.00WV or 1.96.00WU?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106571

I'd like to stay radio unlocked FWIW, but it appears that Olipro is recommending the 2.32.00 for those who will be using upgraded ROMs?

Just want clarification ... as I easily get confused ... this stuff is complicated.

Best regards,
-Mark

jstn76rs 07-14-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggsie (Post 1865340)
Stock as in 1.96.00WV or 1.96.00WU?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106571

I'd like to stay radio unlocked FWIW, but it appears that Olipro is recommending the 2.32.00 for those who will be using upgraded ROMs?

Just want clarification ... as I easily get confused ... this stuff is complicated.

Best regards,
-Mark

I have the 2.32.00 radio and haven't had a SOD yet.
Knock on wood.

flyers2114 07-14-2010 01:30 PM

Just to clear some things up here.....X has indeed created an hspl that some are using that were having the SOD....none have reported the issue since that time....I have personally always felt it was either hspl related or the radio...

jstn76rs 07-14-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 1865386)
Just to clear some things up here.....X has indeed created an hspl that some are using that were having the SOD....none have reported the issue since that time....I have personally always felt it was either hspl related or the radio...

Is there a way to get the New HSPL without having to pay for it??

JDM_SOHC 07-14-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 1865386)
I have personally always felt it was either hspl related or the radio...

And I always just merely thought it was a personal thing...

http://www.rachelvail.com/images/bad_cellphone.jpg

Some of our cell phones like us, others should be a little bit nicer to theirs... :evil4: