PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

bdurst08 06-15-2010 08:50 PM

Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane3162 (Post 1817442)
who knows!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=700495 (link to the new HTC Messaging Client in CAB/EXT format)

quite a few people in that thread have tested it, dont know if any have a TP2 and MR, but I havent searched the thread! no matter however, almost every post is saying its a huge improvement!

i was actually bored so im going to be the test subject...Will post back w/ review in a few hours.

upon first install, the look and format of the messaging client is totally different. Will take some getting used to. Will report back on functionality soon

Kliptik 06-15-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdurst08 (Post 1817506)
i was actually bored so im going to be the test subject...Will post back w/ review in a few hours.

upon first install, the look and format of the messaging client is totally different. Will take some getting used to. Will report back on functionality soon

im "guinea pigging" it with you. I just installed it. looks like the HTC messaging that mike had cooked into one of his previous ROMs (Impact maybe?). So far, I've got no lag, but I dont have a crap ton of texts right now either.

just a warning, when you install it and soft reset, it automatically sends all of the messages in your "Drafts" folder! Ive spent the last 15 minutes telling ppl i didnt mean to send them blank messages!

lol!

Wesley762 06-15-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kliptik (Post 1817547)
im "guinea pigging" it with you. I just installed it. looks like the HTC messaging that mike had cooked into one of his previous ROMs (Impact maybe?). So far, I've got no lag, but I dont have a crap ton of texts right now either.

just a warning, when you install it and soft reset, it automatically sends all of the messages in your "Drafts" folder! Ive spent the last 15 minutes telling ppl i didnt mean to send them blank messages!

lol!

Which cab did you use? I am thinking of trying this.

Kliptik 06-15-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley762 (Post 1817563)
Which cab did you use? I am thinking of trying this.

I used the "HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20152127_00(new all in one cab)"

You still have to copy the dll into your "\Windows" directory.

I will say that the lst time Mike cooked this into his ROM, it started agging after about 15-20 texts (to no fault of Mike). I've got a little past that now in one convo and so far so good!

EDIT* mak sure to get the Sent Notification Off CAB too... That's about annoying as crap...

hypeo 06-15-2010 09:42 PM

I've been reluctant to try this myself because it says it works better on 2015 and MR has 2013 on official.

are you guys running official with it?

Kliptik 06-15-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypeo (Post 1817579)
I've been reluctant to try this myself because it says it works better on 2015 and MR has 2013 on official.

are you guys running official with it?

Im running Full Force and no issues so far... I love being able to see the pics in the conversation...

hypeo 06-15-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kliptik (Post 1817580)
Im running Full Force and no issues so far... I love being able to see the pics in the conversation...

Thanx, I'll have to give it a try!

hypeo 06-15-2010 09:48 PM

What version of manila are you running? I forgot what FF has
Quote:

Wesley762 06-15-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypeo (Post 1817587)
What version of manila are you running? I forgot what FF has

I installed it, so far so good, I would just make sure you follow the directions to a T.

bdurst08 06-15-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Oh. i dont remember that version that mike cooked in. But yeah im with you so far no lag, but havent sent that many test yet.
Have you Gotten MMS working? thats the one thing that I havent been able to get yet? If so what MMS cab are you using. I am using thge immnuts sprint cab.

Quote:

lol!

LOL...yeah i found that out the hard way too.:mrgreen:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kliptik (Post 1817570)
I used the "HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20152127_00(new all in one cab)"

You still have to copy the dll into your "\Windows" directory.

I will say that the lst time Mike cooked this into his ROM, it started agging after about 15-20 texts (to no fault of Mike). I've got a little past that now in one convo and so far so good!

EDIT* mak sure to get the Sent Notification Off CAB too... That's about annoying as crap...

yeah i had to DL that one also. So far so good. I just want to get my MMS working. I dont use it alot but i use it enough that I need to get it working .
Quote:

Same here

Have you gotten the anonymous messages? everytime I reset i get one of those...