PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

blkhwkz 05-05-2010 01:50 AM

Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane3162 (Post 1735588)
that argument is invalid seeing as the default for other carriers is 5 and the default value for this particular registry entry is... wait! 5! (no way tell me its a LIE)

If there is no reg entry for SignalStrengthLevel, as it is in Mike's ROM, it defaults to 5 bars. Therefore the argument is not invalid. Unless your entire complaint is instead of changing a value to 7 you have to add the entire key. Not sure why it's such a big deal considering you can toss a reg file in XDA UC and have it install for you when it does other installs. Which is how I have mine setup.

Kane3162 05-05-2010 01:55 AM

meh, to me (and the people who had thanked me a while back) it is invalid, seeing as the the last time I played with the 6.1 EMU I had SignalStrengthLevel present, well also invalid, as its not in mikes its by his choice (which i was only saying was annoying), but going by the logic set forth of going trying to make the OF rom as STOCK as possible this just doesnt fit in the puzzle (i would quote where tj and mike where talking about OF and STOCK, but im lazy)

I like vanilla wafers thank you very much...

EDIT: I restore sections of reg using a program, but since I see it said TIME AND TIME AGAIN, i just thought i would let him know, hes not the only one who gets lost, and i know its mikes rom, but since the OF is a "Stock" rom it should have some things like a stock rom, and since Sprint accounts for a large portion of the average community I would see it as common place to think this should be "Stock" (as would anyone who has ever thanked me or posted in this thread about how to get 7bar, and complained that the key isnt in the registry)

EDIT2: reminds me of the "DisabledComponents" in Microsoft Windows Vista and 7 to disable IPv6...

tjELITE 05-05-2010 05:30 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Back on track here...sorry Mike...

Anywho...well I stated back I had some things in the works for the taskbar again...check this out its another minor tweak to the Desire taskbar that comes with the SE ROM...

This cab is (SE|OF|FF Compatible)
Make sure to have the Desire taskbar installed to have the full effect...

Below are the screenshots for the icons I added...I changed the 3G icon so it no longer has arrows under it, then I changed the 1x icon the same and made it without arrows...

Second is v2 of the SoftkeyBar(SE|OF Compatible)....this adds the Desire top bar color to the bottom...if you guys like the Desire taskbar you like it....:thumbright:

Thanks to Dark Ninja for providing the excelent taskbar this is just minor tweaks that I did...the rest of the credit is his...

Enjoy...:thumbright:

DaddyLongLegs 05-05-2010 07:49 AM

I just flashed FF...love it so far. But I'm finding the ultra tiny top menu makes it nearly impossible to click the upper right hand corner to close opened programs. Is there any way to make the top menu larger/longer in length?

crashdau 05-05-2010 09:17 AM

4 Attachment(s)
So, I flashed back to FF last night, but, wanted to continue using the new MR splash picture so I modd'ed if to use with FF and wanted to share for y'all. Hope you like it!

P.S.: accidently inverted the entire image and kinda liked the result so saved it for you to choose.

toddpedersen 05-05-2010 09:47 AM

Hey Mike,

Sense 2.5 Program TAB add info.

I found this on XDA. No CAB as of yet, must be cooked into ROM according to the link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=674624

Wesley762 05-05-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddpedersen (Post 1735883)
Hey Mike,

Sense 2.5 Program TAB add info.

I found this on XDA. No CAB as of yet, must be cooked into ROM according to the link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=674624

With CHT why would you need this?

toddpedersen 05-05-2010 10:07 AM

You wouldn't if you were using CHT. Would you agree that there is the possibility that not everyone uses CHT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley762 (Post 1735907)
With CHT why would you need this?

Wesley762 05-05-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddpedersen (Post 1735919)
You wouldn't if you were using CHT. Would you agree that there is the possibility that not everyone uses CHT?

I would, something about CHT that just does not sit well with you?

crashdau 05-05-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashdau (Post 1734469)
Yeah, but it doesn't show 5, 10 3 hours after boot for me. I just don't understand it.

Do you know what files are responsible for the HTC Taskmanager? Is it the same same that governs the email/sms notification function? I'm finding when they stop working the taskmanager icon is gone as well.

I'm thinking if I knew the dll(?) that is in charge maybe I can stop and start it using memmaid.

TIA

Ok, I believe I nailed down why the HTC Manager and email/sms notifications stop working for me. I installed DarkNinjaDeisre Tackbar for wm6.5.x(Battery%) and the notifications stopped. Uninstalled it and everything started working again.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a tut for taskbar creation? maybe I can zero in on what mod'd file is giving me agida.

TIA