PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

willyjay 04-29-2010 02:27 PM

Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlenderman (Post 1726297)
I don't' even see the "menu" softkey...I think I'm totally off here. I now see most in here are using a TP2 and I have a TP1. I've tried to uninstall that someone else mentioned to do (for over 20minutes now) the Cookies home tab from the remove program screen, and all it does is just spin..i let it spin for 10-12min till i ended up having to reboot, and it's still there. i tried removing it from active sync, and it just gets locked up. Who knows where to go from here...I might have to roll back using the recovery and start over..but can't do that till i'm at home on my pc and not work..

Another weird thing is ever since I've done this work last night, i swear my signal strength has dropped. I'm used to sitting at my desk and having between 2-3 bars, definitely enough where I can check my email/FB, etc...Now i have zero bars and I can't do nothing. If I'm lucky I'll see 1 bar and It'll work for just a second. I walked upstairs where I normally get full bars, and i'm only sitting at 2-3 so something has definitely happened weird on my phone.

:confused:

You could try turning off sense UI first, then try to uninstall the cookie mod and see if that works.

Understanding you have a TP1, there is another forum for that device.

mattlenderman 04-29-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkeller59er (Post 1726302)
This is ONLY for TP2!! not TP1!

i swear my mind is FRIED from all the hours of reading tryin' to mess with this! lol I did a search for "mightyrom" not going in directly to the TOUCH PRO forum, and now that you mentioned that I can now see up top where I'm in the Tp2 area. Sorry for the posts in here, now let me restore, clear my head, and start over in the RIGHT area! lol

thanks again

hypeo 04-29-2010 02:30 PM

Running FF still and I just ran into another forced soft reset when I ran YouTube! apparently Youtube messed my manila to the point were I could not use my slider, I couldn't use my task bar. It prevented me from using my top and bottom sides of the screen.

has anyone experienced this at all??

thestick00 04-29-2010 02:34 PM

did i miss the boat? was there another release since march 23 put out?

hypeo 04-29-2010 02:37 PM

yes and no!! No there has not been any official release of any roms. But there has bee some BETA testing for the upcoming releases. Only a select few are testing it. Mighty said the public releases would come soon but don't know when.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestick00 (Post 1726343)
did i miss the boat? was there another release since march 23 put out?

rhyme187 04-29-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlenderman (Post 1726329)
i swear my mind is FRIED from all the hours of reading tryin' to mess with this! lol I did a search for "mightyrom" not going in directly to the TOUCH PRO forum, and now that you mentioned that I can now see up top where I'm in the Tp2 area. Sorry for the posts in here, now let me restore, clear my head, and start over in the RIGHT area! lol

thanks again

no worries dude it happens, might i suggest a steaming cup of coffee :coffee:

SmknJoe 04-29-2010 02:50 PM

The official release shouldnt be too far off. With the week or so of BETA testing, not really any major concerns have come up. I can vouch and say that the Full Force BETA is phenomenal!

rhyme187 04-29-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmknJoe (Post 1726366)
The official release shouldnt be too far off. With the week or so of BETA testing, not really any major concerns have come up. I can vouch and say that the Full Force BETA is phenomenal!

agreed my only grievence is the overlapping text in the opera address bar when typing in it or deleting

MordyT 04-29-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaas2 (Post 1725205)
Is anyone in here running the 2.32.00WU radio?

Yes. Works amazing!
Quote:

Originally Posted by boggsie (Post 1725233)
Alright you haxors ... I need some mortscript help.

I am trying to write a mortscript to organize the start menu for OF and FF. I don't know if anybody would want it, but I figured I would give it a shot.

Well, I can't figure out why the HTC_*.lnk items in the start menu won't delete after I have tried to move them. The move command ends up copying them, so rather that beat my head against a wall on that, I figured I would just do an explicit delete and the darned files are still there.

I've attached the entire mortscript as it stands now, but here is a code snippet:

Code:

If ( FileExists( "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\HTC_Music.lnk" ) )
SetFileAttribute("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\HTC_Music.lnk","hidden", FALSE)
SetFileAttribute("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\HTC_Music.lnk","readonly", FALSE)
SetFileAttribute("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\HTC_Music.lnk","system", FALSE)
SetFileAttribute("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\HTC_Music.lnk","archive", FALSE)
Move( "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\HTC_Music.lnk","\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Multimedia","TRUE"  )
Delete( "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\HTC_Music.lnk")
EndIf

As I mentioned, the "Move" ends up copying the item, so I thought that by adding an explicit delete, it would clear things up, but it didn't.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Maybe you need that regedit that allows them to be deleted for good? Should be in the FAQ.
Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1725485)
lol, makes sense. thanx and excuse my noobness.

darren = a n00b? Never. Funny joke man!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim8181 (Post 1725642)
In FF is there a "soft reset" button or hot key? I've looked thru the settings and tools and I don't see it. Or is it just the hardware button under the back cover?

I added a program in the faq, it is called spb soft reset...
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjELITE (Post 1725760)
Also I have figured out a way to disable HTC Messaging completely...how you ask?...Elementary my dear watson....ohh post ended in suspense

Share please...
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlenderman (Post 1726166)
ok so I haven't messed with this stuff in years it seems and have in the last week got back into it...i'm usually pretty good with stuff like this, but for some reason having a hard time pin pointing what exactly I'm doing wrong and what step I've missed.

I have a Touch Pro and my goal was get the HomeTab_1.7.1 on it where I can have more customization options along w/ the time/clock/fb app on my main screen. Here is what I've done so far.

#1 I unlocked the phone. After this, I did the mightyrom update where it put it in 6.5 and on my main screen it just shows like "Music, phone, voicemail, etc" from top to bottom on the left side. When i click the start menu, there isn't one and brings me into all my apps which is cool.

I read in the faq's on page one under general questions where it says, "
Q: Does CookieMonster (eat cookies?)...HomeTab_v7.0 work with this ROM?
A: Yes to both!"

Although it doesn't say 1.71, I assumed Hometab would work with what I've done so far but i could be wrong. Anyways, I downloaded the cab for Hometab 1.7.1 and it installed successful, but i'm not seeing anything change on my main screen. I went into the TODAY setting where I thought maybe I could check it but nothings there other than Windows Default checked.

Here's some specs on whats on my phone right now:

From the About icon:

Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional, Build 21840.5.0.60 Mighty

When i go to my remove programs list, this is what shows:

Co0kie's Home Tab
Microsoft Classic Blue
Microsoft Rock and Republic Black
MightMike & LilRico 6.5 MightyROM 2
MightMike & LilRico 6.5 SDY 2
MightMike & LilRico 6.5 SHR 2

I'm sure it's something simple I'm doing wrong here, but I've been reading through these threads for last couple hours and last new a couple hours, and I just can't pin point exactly the step i"m missing here.

Thanks for any assistance/pointers on what I've missed or doing wrong.

MATT

If you haven't already seen, this is for the TP2 and you have a TP1. So it is not applicable to your phone...
Quote:

Originally Posted by dkeller59er (Post 1726249)
EDIT: My Location is working much much better on here too. Instead of sayin East Kootenay E (i don't care if you guys know where i live, its hard to find, not really on a map haha) it says my town Skookumchuck.

Just so you know, I bought a plane ticket and am coming for you...:twisted:

SmknJoe 04-29-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyme187 (Post 1726371)
agreed my only grievence is the overlapping text in the opera address bar when typing in it or deleting

I installed Opera 10 Final, and no issues whatsoever.