PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

computerpro3 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Does anyone know how to get rid of the lag when switching tabs from the home screen?

Tab scrolling is BUTTER smooth when starting from any other tab, but when starting from the home screen it just dies.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
Alright, yesterday I finally experienced the SOD, Sleep Of Death, after re-importing my Call History while it was re-indexing the calls. It was not fun at all, considering I had just successfully run the Task 29 to re-format my NAND and flashed back to 032310, or something that resembles it.

So this morning I decided to see if I could find out why, so I hit up Google, and found a post by NRGZ over on MobileUnderground stating he had tracked it down to htcservices.dll. So I figured what the hell, I'll cab up the same version he uses and install it to see what happens. Well, it worked, I repeated the same re-importing of the call logs and no hang up while re-indexing, the phone was slow, but that's to be expected.

So here's what I used to fix at least my Sleep Of Death:
Click here for HTCServices.dll cab

And since I mentioned Task 29, more info is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=656245

And if you'd prefer the easy method with just a blank splash screen I made this one:
Click here for Task 29 with Blank Splash

EDIT: I see how you are Mordy, beating me to the punch. lol

Z
Task29 is a tool that I have been following/using on my TMobile phones for a long time. Different variations/names for different devices. The tool can't be beat.

Tell me when the SOD fix goes offical and I will add it to the FAQ

Quote:
Following Mordy's lead here, double posting.
Z
Yeah sure, blame me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrowa2 View Post
I can't seem to find the cabs for Purian's modded taskbar, blue slider, blue icons, etc. Are they not compatible for this latest version of Mighty Rom? Sorry if it's been asked before.
not compatible
Quote:
Originally Posted by purian23 View Post
Riding my GSXR
600? 750? 1300?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash007 View Post
I upgraded to this rom from 2/4/10 mighty rom and I was using the modded purian taskbar from the first page, and it worked great. After upgrading to the 3/23 rom, I am having issues with it, and after searching I don't see any other people with the same problem. All of the icons are good and working except for the signal meter. Instead of what it should be with the purian taskbar, it is a white square with a small x in the top left corner and some weird looking symbol in the middle that I can't really tell what it is. At first I installed the taskbar last after installing all of my programs and I thought that maybe something was corrupt, so I did another hard reset and installed the taskbar first and I still have the same issue. I tried using the ninja android taskbar and the signal bar icon works fine on that, but I really prefer the Purian taskbar and would like to use it if possible. Anyone have an idea of what might be wrong or how to fix it? Thanks in advance for the help.
Means you have no SIM. Currently looking to fix that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerpro3 View Post
Does anyone know how to get rid of the lag when switching tabs from the home screen?

Tab scrolling is BUTTER smooth when starting from any other tab, but when starting from the home screen it just dies.
Turn off my location, no weather=no lag
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

tjbahri is keeping up the good worktjbahri is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Or if you'd like the easy way out, here's my latest, just for MightyRom.

Ziggy471 MightyROM Facebook Tab

It'll install everything you need for the Facebook Tab to function. The only side-effect is that you'll have to redo the order of your tabs, and uninstall for some reason doesn't like me.

Z

PS.... Cool, just 271 more pages until I can have my page back.

Ziggy
I installed it and went through just fine.Soft reset and nothing is showing up. I can't even find it under (home screen tabs).
So Were did I screw up?

If I read the rest of the page I would have found my answer.
Thx Z and Thanked

Last edited by tjbahri; 04-02-2010 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Problem Fixed
Old 04-02-2010, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ibleedbloo is becoming a great contributor

I think I'm going to reinstall right now (nothing wrong, just clearing out a bunch of crap I've been playing with). I would bet that means there will be an update tomorrow or the weekend. Its like washing your car and the it gets rained on.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible

Gadjetguy is becoming a great contributor

When I try to Sync with Outlook 2010 Beta already open on my PC I get an error saying "Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and synchronize again." I have to close Outlook, disconnect my TP2 and reconnect it for it to sync. Outlook also won't start if my TP2 is already connected. Any ideas?
Old 04-02-2010, 03:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nismo95tt is just getting started

Hi all,

I've got an issue when writing a new SMS:

From WM Messaging/outlook if I start writing a new text message, and try to add more than 1 recipient, I can't see the list of names/numbers for the second, third, fourth and so on...

I've attached a screen shot...has anyone else experienced this issue?

I don't think it's something I've installed- b/c my sashimi automatic setup hasn't resulted in this issue before (although that was using a different Mighty ROM).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

PS: I know it's been discussed before, but could never find a definitive answer- is there any way to make it so when writing a new SMS/Text message (from WM Messaging), only the recipient's mobile number is displayed? I have 800+ contacts, many of whom have multiple numbers- and there's no way I can recognize which one is the mobile # and which one is their home, work, etc...I know I can go to their contact, and hit "send message" but that's rather inconvenient from a speed/ease of use standpoint...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (5.8 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash007 View Post
I upgraded to this rom from 2/4/10 mighty rom and I was using the modded purian taskbar from the first page, and it worked great. After upgrading to the 3/23 rom, I am having issues with it, and after searching I don't see any other people with the same problem. All of the icons are good and working except for the signal meter. Instead of what it should be with the purian taskbar, it is a white square with a small x in the top left corner and some weird looking symbol in the middle that I can't really tell what it is. At first I installed the taskbar last after installing all of my programs and I thought that maybe something was corrupt, so I did another hard reset and installed the taskbar first and I still have the same issue. I tried using the ninja android taskbar and the signal bar icon works fine on that, but I really prefer the Purian taskbar and would like to use it if possible. Anyone have an idea of what might be wrong or how to fix it? Thanks in advance for the help.
Hey dude, the taskbar is just plain way outdated, I rarely use it myself anymore. I havent had the time to update it, and now that Tsowen is on a 6.5 build, I look for him to come up with something nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post

600? 750? 1300?
I went with the 07 Gsxr 750.. Got a good deal on it
Old 04-02-2010, 07:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Hey dude, the taskbar is just plain way outdated, I rarely use it myself anymore. I havent had the time to update it, and now that Tsowen is on a 6.5 build, I look for him to come up with something nice

Just curious, has anyone tried Start/settings/personal/phone ->network tab and switching from global to cdma only? I heard it works if you have a sim laying around that you could slip in to do it, and after the switch you can pull it back out. I'm still using this taskbar as well. Love the look.
I'm sure NRGZ found a way around it somehow. I used a few of his roms cooked with this taskbar and it worked quite well. (All but one release)

I'll stick with my 954RR thank you. She's been great for the last five years. Maybe this year I'll put a tire back on her and actually put it on the road for once. Haven't even sent the title in yet. Beautiful garage orniment though.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerpro3 View Post
Mike, awesome work, but how come you didn't include the "drag to rearrange start menu icons" feature?

It's such an absolutely basic feature that Windows mobile should have, it just astounds me that we can't do it natively.

Does adding that break something?
That "feature" is called WM 6.5.5.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Just curious, has anyone tried Start/settings/personal/phone ->network tab and switching from global to cdma only? I heard it works if you have a sim laying around that you could slip in to do it, and after the switch you can pull it back out. I'm still using this taskbar as well. Love the look.
I'm sure NRGZ found a way around it somehow. I used a few of his roms cooked with this taskbar and it worked quite well. (All but one release)

I'll stick with my 954RR thank you. She's been great for the last five years. Maybe this year I'll put a tire back on her and actually put it on the road for once. Haven't even sent the title in yet. Beautiful garage orniment though.
Good Call, Yes I didn't read all the way through, the taskbar does work fine in those aspects.. You do need some sort of sim inserted as Boom said, I quickly read and thought you were referring to the Ok/Close button lol.. go me.!!

954RR Very Nice Bikes !
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2