PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nismo95tt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeroDan View Post
Haha, no need...like I said, not calling you a liar, there are probably 8 bajillion variables between our setups. Good call about the one you posted vs the cab from the xda thread, trying that now.

Edit: interesting to note...I can swype the name in and it works, only on the hardware keys does it not.
Goddamnit!

The hard keys don't work anymore (w/o doing the stupid backspace trick).

I hadn't noticed, since I've been using Swype so much over the last week...Why can't both just work properly together!?
Old 04-27-2010, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

amcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: ¨UMightyROM.com¨U ¨UWindows Phone0…3¨U ¨USense UI 2.5¨U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchblack98 View Post
I think I may be having some battery life issues on MR. I am running the 3.23.2010 rom and my battery is ...............Its works pretty good, but sucks carrying it around with me after lunch.
one big contributor to battery drain is your radio environment, specifically whether you're in digital coverage the entire time, or if the phone some times loses digital signal. also, the cell company themselves may not have optimized their towers and coverage to ensure that your phone drains as little power as possible.

when I'm in dallas, I can usually get thought the day with 40-50% remaining. however when I travel to west texas, my phone is dying by 5-6 pm. and that is with all same apps installed/running, and basically same usage pattern.

btw, this post was done using swype 3.9. I've had some version of swype for a few months now, and could not function without it.

I thought I bought this phone for the physical keyboard, but now that I have swype, i see no need for physical anymore.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:21 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Yep, you shouldn't be at 70-80% with nothing open...even after 3-4 days, it will go back into the 50's after closing things.

From the list, the only thing that jumps out is that Chainfire GFXBoost prog, not exactly what it changes or if it is truly uninstallable, but try it...that would be my first guess. What is your gwes.exe when your % is that big? (go to Start, System, Task Manager...not the one in settings.)
Nah its not GFX....I run it on all roms....

Grab batterymonitor cab and see what numbers you come up with....numbers never lie....there is a possibility that you have a bad battery also....
Old 04-27-2010, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

NeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo95tt View Post
Goddamnit!

The hard keys don't work anymore (w/o doing the stupid backspace trick).

I hadn't noticed, since I've been using Swype so much over the last week...Why can't both just work properly together!?
You jinxed yourself...ahahaha.

You know what's odd, sometimes it will work at first...there's got to be something that breaks it. I'm gonna PM you a link that has some instructions to completely disable the HTC SIP, I don't have the courage to do it myself without knowing I'm gonna hardreset soon. You wanna try it?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Pitchblack98 is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98

Quote:
Yep, you shouldn't be at 70-80% with nothing open...even after 3-4 days, it will go back into the 50's after closing things.

From the list, the only thing that jumps out is that Chainfire GFXBoost prog, not exactly what it changes or if it is truly uninstallable, but try it...that would be my first guess. What is your gwes.exe when your % is that big? (go to Start, System, Task Manager...not the one in settings.)
The start menu on the 3.23 version of MR is different from the last version. Its basically just the WM6.5 start menu. I noticed it was different when I flashed from the last version. I do have the task manger program you are refering to though.

Ill have to get back to you on what gwes is at cause I just restarted. Its at 17072 kb now. Ill have something to compare to tomorrow afternoon when the usage is higher.

I'll uninstall the GFXBoost cab and see if it improves. The GFXBoost program makes Coreplayer play videos much smoother, but if its killing my battery its not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post

Grab batterymonitor cab and see what numbers you come up with....numbers never lie....there is a possibility that you have a bad battery also....
Hmmm... wasnt sure if GFX would be a problem or not. Im willing to try anything though. Ill get that batterymonitor cab and see what it tells me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcq10 View Post
one big contributor to battery drain is your radio environment, specifically whether you're in digital coverage the entire time, or if the phone some times loses digital signal. also, the cell company themselves may not have optimized their towers and coverage to ensure that your phone drains as little power as possible.

when I'm in dallas, I can usually get thought the day with 40-50% remaining. however when I travel to west texas, my phone is dying by 5-6 pm. and that is with all same apps installed/running, and basically same usage pattern.
Its funny that you mentioned this cause I started noticing the problem while I was in San Antonio, TX working on a solar power plant project. Im back home in Denver, CO now and still seem to have the same battery issues.

Last edited by Pitchblack98; 04-27-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: ¨UMightyROM.com¨U ¨UWindows Phone0…3¨U ¨USense UI 2.5¨U

Quote:

btw, this post was done using swype 3.9. I've had some version of swype for a few months now, and could not function without it.

I thought I bought this phone for the physical keyboard, but now that I have swype, i see no need for physical anymore.
Can you post your Swype cab? I'd like to try it out...

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2010, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
You jinxed yourself...ahahaha.

You know what's odd, sometimes it will work at first...there's got to be something that breaks it. I'm gonna PM you a link that has some instructions to completely disable the HTC SIP, I don't have the courage to do it myself without knowing I'm gonna hardreset soon. You wanna try it?
Yeah, I'll try it out...I might have to wait to test it before the new release though (don't want to jack my phone up now, and have to hard reset, etc...)
Old 04-27-2010, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

amcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Haha, no need...like I said, not calling you a liar, there are probably 8 bajillion variables between our setups. Good call about the one you posted vs the cab from the xda thread, trying that now.

Edit: interesting to note...I can swype the name in and it works, only on the hardware keys does it not.
I'm running MR-3/23, and have recently upgraded my swype to version 3.9.

with this combo, I'm able to see the name auto-complete working just fine using swype keyboard.

one thing i noticed though, which seems different than before, is that it seems to be putting in a period before each letter, then backspacing. this seems to be automatic by the keyboard, and is happening relatively quickly onscreen.

could the swype folks have put in this tweak to get around the previous issue?

for example, when i type john, i see:

.[bs]j.[bs]o.[bs]h.[bs]n

with the [bs] representing an automatically inserted backspace.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

NeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNeroDan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post

Does the GFX work?? Very true, might be a bad battery...trying to eliminate all the other options first...

Quote:

Very true, Pitchblack, how's your signal strength in your work environment? Are you bouncing between 1X and EVDO or even roaming? Notice any battery life difference when you're in other areas?
Old 04-27-2010, 01:32 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I am experiencing a couple of issues with the FF beta. Programs will not auto dial the internet and I have to connect manually through the comm manager. Also, when in the comm manager, if I tap to turn data on, 3/4 times it takes me to the connections menu (Start-Settings-Connections-connections).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2