View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 01:25 AM
Pitchblack98
PPCGeeks Regular

Pitchblack98 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeroDan View Post
Yep, you shouldn't be at 70-80% with nothing open...even after 3-4 days, it will go back into the 50's after closing things.

From the list, the only thing that jumps out is that Chainfire GFXBoost prog, not exactly what it changes or if it is truly uninstallable, but try it...that would be my first guess. What is your gwes.exe when your % is that big? (go to Start, System, Task Manager...not the one in settings.)
The start menu on the 3.23 version of MR is different from the last version. Its basically just the WM6.5 start menu. I noticed it was different when I flashed from the last version. I do have the task manger program you are refering to though.

Ill have to get back to you on what gwes is at cause I just restarted. Its at 17072 kb now. Ill have something to compare to tomorrow afternoon when the usage is higher.

I'll uninstall the GFXBoost cab and see if it improves. The GFXBoost program makes Coreplayer play videos much smoother, but if its killing my battery its not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Nah its not GFX....I run it on all roms....

Grab batterymonitor cab and see what numbers you come up with....numbers never lie....there is a possibility that you have a bad battery also....
Hmmm... wasnt sure if GFX would be a problem or not. Im willing to try anything though. Ill get that batterymonitor cab and see what it tells me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcq10 View Post
one big contributor to battery drain is your radio environment, specifically whether you're in digital coverage the entire time, or if the phone some times loses digital signal. also, the cell company themselves may not have optimized their towers and coverage to ensure that your phone drains as little power as possible.

when I'm in dallas, I can usually get thought the day with 40-50% remaining. however when I travel to west texas, my phone is dying by 5-6 pm. and that is with all same apps installed/running, and basically same usage pattern.
Its funny that you mentioned this cause I started noticing the problem while I was in San Antonio, TX working on a solar power plant project. Im back home in Denver, CO now and still seem to have the same battery issues.

Last edited by Pitchblack98; 04-27-2010 at 01:31 AM.