PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Long Live the TP2!
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

alohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM & Kitchen★Final Update★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
About 20 of you have downloaded the kitchen, so here's a few helpful hints ...
Thanks Sharkie! I have not fired up the kitchen yet, but I think these hints will help me get the courage to get started. I hate to mess with perfection, and your ROMs have always been perfect for my TP2. I will give feedback once I cook/flash my first ROM, or if I'm unsuccessful in the latter! Thankfully, I have a spare TP2 I can experiment with .

In any case, that is my project for today. Wish me luck!
(last weekend was dedicated to my project HD2 and fresh Mango RTM )

P.S. I hope Irene did not cause many problems in your locale.

If at first you don't succeed,
skydiving isn't for you.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM & Kitchen★Final Update★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense20

Good luck in the Kitchen! I didn't know you had an HD2. That's the phone I always wanted, but of course you can't get it on Sprint.

No, we didn't feel much from Irene. We were hoping for a lot of rain, but we didn't even get that Oh well.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor

Chef, I have a more general question about using kitchen and add flavor. I have a fairly old but really nice looking never-released tp2 ROM from a friend, which has all the graphics and themes that I love. I have his icon set too. The ROM runs fairly stably, but there are a few serious functional problems, such as broken internet sharing, broken outlook (can view/download email, but cannot reply from it), also there are a few programs that I never use so getting rid of those might save a few more MB.

Now I want to add those graphics/icons/theme to a more recent and stable kitchen. Is there a simple way to do it or I'm better off using that old ROM as the foundation and do some repair or update work (is it even possible? I only have the cooked ROM).

Thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

You can extract a ROM using the kitchen, but to my knowledge most custom WM ROMs can't be extracted/dumped. Extracting a ROM is option no. 2 after you click on the "Calkulin' HTC Kitchen" application. You'll need to create a directory in the root of the kitchen named "Files" and put the .nbh file in there. If it dumps properly, which I doubt, you can then transfer whatever packages you want into my kitchen.

If not, I can tell you how to put those themes and what not into this kitchen, but you'd have to get them as separate packages or cabs to do that. Them being in the ROM does you no good, if can't be dumped.

So, try and dump that ROM using the kitchen. If it doesn't work, gather up the themes and what not and let me know when you're ready to try and implement the change and I can try and guide you through it.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dbreno is just getting started

When I open my keyboard it does not switch to landscape. I do get a sound when open/close the keyboard so I have no reason to suspect hardware. Also when on another ROM earlier today the keyboard opening would flip the screen.

I'm on 6.5.x Sharkie ROM v5.1

I did search this threat a lot and saw discussion on using sensor to flip but nothing about this that helped.

thanks!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbreno View Post
When I open my keyboard it does not switch to landscape. I do get a sound when open/close the keyboard so I have no reason to suspect hardware. Also when on another ROM earlier today the keyboard opening would flip the screen.

I'm on 6.5.x Sharkie ROM v5.1

I did search this threat a lot and saw discussion on using sensor to flip but nothing about this that helped.

thanks!
Hmm well maybe I found it myself, after I used the rotate screen app in tools once it now works when I open/close keyboard....kinda odd
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:18 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yeah, that is odd and should not be the case. Opening the keyboard always made it go to landscape. I would say maybe you should reflash when it's convenient for you, unless that's all that's wrong and it's permanently fixed now, but it's definitely not normal.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Yeah, that is odd and should not be the case. Opening the keyboard always made it go to landscape. I would say maybe you should reflash when it's convenient for you, unless that's all that's wrong and it's permanently fixed now, but it's definitely not normal.
I reloaded it today and did Task29 (which I didn't the first time). Same thing. I get the open/close sound as soon as it opens or closes but the screen flip sometimes works, sometimes take 10 seconds or so, and sometimes just fails.

My wife does have a TP2 and since the ROM is working great otherwise I will load her up and see what happens. If hers works it may be my hardware, although it seems odd the keyboard sliding sound would be triggered every time right away because one would think the same switch or sensor would be involved.

I'll let you know what I find out after I load her phone tonight. If it works then I still do have insurance so I'll go that route.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979

Sharkie i noticed you have a evo 4g now. are you gonna start doing roms for that? I cant wait after theres a way to root the 2.3.3.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbreno View Post
I reloaded it today and did Task29 (which I didn't the first time). Same thing. I get the open/close sound as soon as it opens or closes but the screen flip sometimes works, sometimes take 10 seconds or so, and sometimes just fails.

My wife does have a TP2 and since the ROM is working great otherwise I will load her up and see what happens. If hers works it may be my hardware, although it seems odd the keyboard sliding sound would be triggered every time right away because one would think the same switch or sensor would be involved.

I'll let you know what I find out after I load her phone tonight. If it works then I still do have insurance so I'll go that route.
Interesting issue you have there. I can confirm that the rotate screen works perfectly on this TP2. It will be interesting what you find after flashing your other device!

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 09-01-2011 at 09:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development