PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM & Kitchen★Final Update★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbreno View Post
I reloaded it today and did Task29 (which I didn't the first time). Same thing. I get the open/close sound as soon as it opens or closes but the screen flip sometimes works, sometimes take 10 seconds or so, and sometimes just fails.

My wife does have a TP2 and since the ROM is working great otherwise I will load her up and see what happens. If hers works it may be my hardware, although it seems odd the keyboard sliding sound would be triggered every time right away because one would think the same switch or sensor would be involved.

I'll let you know what I find out after I load her phone tonight. If it works then I still do have insurance so I'll go that route.
I had issues like this too. It always had a very long delay to open but it did open eventually

Try reformatting your sdcard.

its was related to my sdcard. copy the personal files or cabs you want to keep onto your computer then wipe your sdcard with a full reformat. btw A FULL RE-FORMAT! takes about an hour if its anything less then your doing it wrong. use sdformatter v3.0 Its free you can find it on the internet.

sometimes when you install cabs over cabs over roms and in different roms your sdcard gets a little hectic...

good luck

Sharkie still lovin your rom dude.

Please move to the EPIC and drop your evo. I need a chef over there I can trust to put out badass roms.

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 09-02-2011 at 02:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dbreno is just getting started
Re: ★SharkieROM & Kitchen★Final Update★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbreno View Post
I reloaded it today and did Task29 (which I didn't the first time). Same thing. I get the open/close sound as soon as it opens or closes but the screen flip sometimes works, sometimes take 10 seconds or so, and sometimes just fails.

My wife does have a TP2 and since the ROM is working great otherwise I will load her up and see what happens. If hers works it may be my hardware, although it seems odd the keyboard sliding sound would be triggered every time right away because one would think the same switch or sensor would be involved.

I'll let you know what I find out after I load her phone tonight. If it works then I still do have insurance so I'll go that route.
As it turned out my phone did have a flaky ribbon cable, using the insurance I had the Sprint store replace it and it works fine now. I'm not too surprised my phone is almost 2 years old and this is its first hardware problem.

Apparently I guess there are more than one sensor involved in the opening since the darn sound worked every time which is why I didn't think it was hardware at first.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Great to hear, thanks for letting us know!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cayjominara is a n00b

I recently flashed a new ROM after using SharkieROM 6.5 Ver 5.1 for a good while. For some reason the opening Sharkie splash screen (The one with the shark underwater) still shows when I boot up the TP2. I have flashed and reflashed but I can't seem to get rid of it. I tried the Splash screen utility posted earlier in this forum and that did not work for me either. Does anyone have a tip for me?
Old 09-07-2011, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

The splash screen has to be changed via a separate flash or another ROM that has a splash screen included in it (not all of them do). The splash screen utility I posted was a tool to create and flash your own splash screen. There was no new splash screen in that package. The easiest way to get rid of it, is to flash back to a stock ROM as they all will flash your splash screen back to stock as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 09-07-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cayjominara is a n00b

Thanks Sharkie! You're the Best!
Old 09-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.5/HTC Pro 2
Carrier: Boostmobile

vipergtsam is a n00b

This is one of the best roms I used but I was wondering is there a way to change the peoples tab I don't like the grid layout I prefer the other layout where there is a text, call, email buttons at the bottom
Old 09-07-2011, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergtsam View Post
This is one of the best roms I used but I was wondering is there a way to change the peoples tab I don't like the grid layout I prefer the other layout where there is a text, call, email buttons at the bottom
I believe that is Sense 2.1 and earlier People's Tab. I don't think it's possible to mix a Sense 2.1 or earlier tab with a Sense 2.5.2021 base. Sorry

Have you seen that old school People's tab layout on a Sense 2.5.2021 ROM?

I believe there are still some Sense 2.1 Customs ROMs up around here somewhere. I know Chris???? had a Sprint Lover's Sense 2.1 ROM.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 09-07-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: telkomsel

frostbitez is a n00b

Greeting every1, im from indonesia,this is my 1st time using WinMo O.S,my friends suggested to use sir sharkie's customs ROMs, so i tried this ROMs, and i LOVE it.. thank you very much sir..i really love ur doing..and i hope there'll be a lot more good masterpiece from u sir..
Old 09-08-2011, 10:54 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbitez View Post
Greeting every1, im from indonesia,this is my 1st time using WinMo O.S,my friends suggested to use sir sharkie's customs ROMs, so i tried this ROMs, and i LOVE it.. thank you very much sir..i really love ur doing..and i hope there'll be a lot more good masterpiece from u sir..
Thanks you very much for your kind words! I'm glad you love the ROM. Unfortunately, I probably won't be making any more ROMs for the Touch Pro 2 since I've moved on to Android fulltime now. That being said, I'm always here if you need help with anything or have any questions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development