View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 08:02 AM
dbreno
Lurker

dbreno is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM & Kitchen★Final Update★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbreno View Post
I reloaded it today and did Task29 (which I didn't the first time). Same thing. I get the open/close sound as soon as it opens or closes but the screen flip sometimes works, sometimes take 10 seconds or so, and sometimes just fails.

My wife does have a TP2 and since the ROM is working great otherwise I will load her up and see what happens. If hers works it may be my hardware, although it seems odd the keyboard sliding sound would be triggered every time right away because one would think the same switch or sensor would be involved.

I'll let you know what I find out after I load her phone tonight. If it works then I still do have insurance so I'll go that route.
As it turned out my phone did have a flaky ribbon cable, using the insurance I had the Sprint store replace it and it works fine now. I'm not too surprised my phone is almost 2 years old and this is its first hardware problem.

Apparently I guess there are more than one sensor involved in the opening since the darn sound worked every time which is why I didn't think it was hardware at first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.