PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★6/4/11-Updated★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

Hey sharkie, just lettin you know that on both xda and here, the sharkie cab skin of my keyboard has the most downloads of the 3 choices Ive put up.

And going back to the color choices we had once discussed, take a look at this

I changed the letter files to have them in white. I think a darker theme skin is still possible, but its still up for discussion. No ones left much feedback on the threads other then a few thank yous here and there.
What do you think?

Last edited by aedon; 07-16-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Sharkie!! Thank you for your response... as it turns out, I am having hardware issues with the power button on my device. It started acting up again today on my Rom too. Anyway, I remapped the power management to another button and am back to testing out v5.1! Thank you again for your hard work here!!

Old 07-16-2011, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Just a FYI... just tried updating PRL and it changed to 51080, from 51079. Others may have different # like 01121?
Old 07-16-2011, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor

Hey guys - question - In the Comm Manager - wi-fi router option (first time using this new feature) :

What is the difference in the internet connection section :

1. phone as modem?
2. Sprint?

Right now I am connected via my laptop wifi using a 10 digit WEP key to the network name I created. It is showing via Sprint at the moment. In my laptop wifi settings on windows xp - shows connected to network name via security enabled computer-computer.

Am I still able to receive voice calls to the TP2 during this connection?

What happens when an incoming call occurs? i.e. does the wifi signal get disconnected?

Can I place outgoing calls while a device is connected to the TP2? I believe normally - data will cease to work unless I am connecting the TP2 to an actual wifi hotspot.

How man "devices" can connect to the TP2 wi-fi router?

Lastly, does Sprint just recognize/identify this connection as regular "phone data" usage? This is an unlimited data plan.

Last edited by vancomycin; 07-16-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:23 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Hi!! I can answer a few of your questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancomycin View Post
Am I still able to receive voice calls to the TP2 during this connection?
Yes, your TP2 will put the data connection on hold and reconnect after your call.
Quote:
What happens when an incoming call occurs? i.e. does the wifi signal get disconnected?
Yes, your connection will be put on hold.
Quote:
Can I place outgoing calls while a device is connected to the TP2? I believe normally - data will cease to work unless I am connecting the TP2 to an actual wifi hotspot.
Yes, you can place a call, same rules apply.
Quote:
How man "devices" can connect to the TP2 wi-fi router?
Not absolutely sure here, but we have had four connected to mine with no problem!!
Quote:
Lastly, does Sprint just recognize/identify this connection as regular "phone data" usage? This is an unlimited data plan.
Yes, they will see it a regular data. Some on Sprint will have to weigh in here, but with Verizon if you exceed 5GB per billing period we may be questioned.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor

@Tinkerbell thanks for the clarifications

I guess the other questions left related to that was what was :

1. What was the difference between "phone as modem" and "sprint" in the wi-fi router internet connection

2. Can the WEP Key be longer than 10 digits and overall how is the security with this? I've shifted to WPA a while back on my home router.

3. On the Home Screen Tab : (using sharkie v5.1 WM 6.5.X) How can I remove the names of my program icons and just have the icons there only?

4. I have a program and shortcut to it, stored on my SD card that I would like to have placed in the Home Screen quick links - how do I place that.

5. final question : How can I display and create more folders after pressing the "start" menu and placing shortcut links to my SD card for (i.e. pdf's I have, or other programs) in these folders?

@sharkie - I have to still say - this was the best rom switch I have done compared to the 6.5WM version you have - it works really good... battery life is amazing even when connected to wifi. Will keep you posted over time if I run into any bugs, but I have not had to soft reset or see my phone freeze as of yet...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W
Carrier: TIM Brasil

DuChene is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hi Sharkie405

You could add Portuguese in next ROM?
Old 07-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Does anyone have a stock "ezinputs.dll' file?
I need this file to be able to revert my, (and some other peoples phones) keyboards back to black font.

I dont mind reseting my phone but Ive got some people who are trying my keyboard skins that came from the last dinik skin wich has a moddified dll file that changes the letters to white but I cant seem to pull a stock file out.
My phone wont let me for whatever reason.
Thanks in advance
Old 07-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

cardboardbox is a n00b

I never had a problem with update profile in previous versions of SharkieROM but this one isnt cooperating with me. I installed the Sprint provisioning in Carrier Provisioning, restarted, and then selected Update Profile in settings->system. At that point the phone makes me wait a long time and then says: "The profile update cound not be completed... Error code: 1012"

Any ideas? Did I simply forget how to do this?

edit: hrm, just realized that I cant make a call either. Something must have gone wrong when I transferred service to this phone.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gera229 is keeping up the good workgera229 is keeping up the good work

Hey sharkie, I have a question about your rom. You know when you are using data connection on the stock rom, the top icon shows 2 arrows and signal bars next to it. But when your disconnected from data it looks like a T shape and shows the signal bars next to it. Does your rom have that if you know what I mean?

If you need more info about what I'm talking about let me know.

Also does this rom have a good graphics driver, or will I need to install one by myself?
If it does, what driver does it have?

Last edited by gera229; 07-21-2011 at 02:23 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development