PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 12:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 4-24-11-SharkieROM X CE ROMs Up!★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense

...Or you can use this cab...
Attached Files
File Type: cab v5.1-B1 RSSFeed Icon Fix v2.cab (64.4 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:02 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: 4-24-11-SharkieROM X CE ROMs Up!★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense

Still looking awesome Sharkie!! Thank you for your continued support!!

How do you like your new device?

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:39 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Yep, I'm loving the new phone, although I've been on my TP2 for a couple of weeks now.

Android is absolutely wonderful. I've no complaints yet. Luckily for me, I live, work and play in a 4G area so the EVO runs fast as ever most of the time. Battery life is not so great, but I wouldn't expect my laptop to go all day running on a single charge and the EVO is like a laptop in my pocket. I'm sure I can get that better whenever it is that I decide to really dig into to making an EVO ROM.

I've brought a tiny bit of the Android look to this new ROM with it's new set of Dark Ninja Android Taskbar Icons and the Android wait cursor that comes along with it. I've brought a tiny bit of the imagery from it's people favs to this ROM. One of the big reasons I brought the RSS feed to this ROM was because I grew accustomed to regularly checking news feeds. While it will never be as fast as the EVO News feed widget, it's a step in that direction. The default wallpaper is also from a dumped EVO ROM and is the one that use on my EVO most of the time.

I'm just glad there are still people around that can use and appreciate our work!
We do it for you!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Still using here on my new/old TP2 media/work device. Flashing now. Thanks!
Old 05-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Yep, I'm loving the new phone, although I've been on my TP2 for a couple of weeks now.

Android is absolutely wonderful. I've no complaints yet. Luckily for me, I live, work and play in a 4G area so the EVO runs fast as ever most of the time. Battery life is not so great, but I wouldn't expect my laptop to go all day running on a single charge and the EVO is like a laptop in my pocket. I'm sure I can get that better whenever it is that I decide to really dig into to making an EVO ROM.

I've brought a tiny bit of the Android look to this new ROM with it's new set of Dark Ninja Android Taskbar Icons and the Android wait cursor that comes along with it. I've brought a tiny bit of the imagery from it's people favs to this ROM. One of the big reasons I brought the RSS feed to this ROM was because I grew accustomed to regularly checking news feeds. While it will never be as fast as the EVO News feed widget, it's a step in that direction. The default wallpaper is also from a dumped EVO ROM and is the one that use on my EVO most of the time.

I'm just glad there are still people around that can use and appreciate our work!
We do it for you!
That is so cool!! You have the best of both worlds!! Glad you are loving your new device while still supporting users on the TP2... that is so great!! =]=]
Old 05-29-2011, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hello Sharkie. Finally got around to flashing to v5 from v4. v4 was perfect for me but finally had some free time. Curious on v5 - did you change anything in the ROM for defaults or packages for email? I noticed that the conversation view (threaded) was not the default - sorted by date received is default. Also, when connecting to my company's Exchange server the registry changes were no longer needed - it worked first shot. Sometimes after I close an email it jumps out of the email application rather than to the email list. Just curious if you made any major changes or maybe I performed a bad flash?
Old 05-29-2011, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

No, I didn't do any major changes regarding email. I do also notice that sometimes email is not set to conversation mode and sometimes it is. In my kitchen, I've set it as conversation by default. Why some flashes it sticks and some flashes it doesn't stick is beyond me. Near as I can tell, it should always start out in convo mode.

It's possible the same type of thing is at play with the exchange server settings. I cooked and still cook those edits that you mentioned. It seems that this time around they stuck or maybe something changed on your company's end? I dunno.

I haven't noticed closing an email instead closing out the entire mail app unless it's possible that you double tapped the "X" without realizing it thereby unknowingly closing out the next screen as well.

All that being said, bad flashes happen and if you have the time, a reflash woudn't hurt. But, if those are the only two oddities going on, then I wouldn't count that as bad flash necessarily.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:43 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
@ KJ

I've been unable to find a solution to setting the long press of the End key to work to lock the phone without getting the endkey error message. I did just set the long pressing of the "Back" key to do that just fine with no problems. You have to use KeyboardConfig to set the back key for multiple actions, "click" being set to that key's default action and "long press" set to run the Lock Device program. I know what you exactly wanted was to use the end key, but the back key seems to be almost the same for me. I thought maybe you hadn't tried it yet and wanted to let you know.
thanks for looking into it...i found another combo i like but having slight problem w/ this also.

phone key = click-dialer(default), long press-comm manager
start key = click-start menu (default), long press-task manager
back key = click-back (default), long press-rotate screen
end key = click-end (default), long press-pshut down app
power key = click-supend (default), long press-device lock

the problem w/ this is the power key combo. if i select default for click, in theory it should suspend device but this is not the case, it actually doesnt do anything but the long press works fine for device lock. if i set the click to emulate key press to suspend, it works kinda...it will put device to sleep but then is iffy of unsuspend leaving no way of turning on but a soft reset.

is there a toggle in your action links (uninstalled and cant remember) that suspends device and toggles the un suspend? did i read you added that in the change log on beta? maybe if so then i could use this as the selected app for the power key single click?

i know i could make it easier on myself and switch up my keys but my ocd kicks in and my minds logic takes over. i think im going to make the mute key (on back device) to click- default, long press-camera and then all my keys are set. still will try and get the lock device on long press of either power or end key
Old 05-29-2011, 03:49 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

also noticed a change in wm build? any differences? am i crazy that i used to remember a mark as read option in email tab and in v5 its not there? i dont ever notice it any more...now i have to actually open the email to get rid of the notification. some times i rather keep it (not delete) but dont need to open and read. p.s. i dont use the email widget as i know this has the option

noticed the taskbbar in the change log and suprised you went with the greem version and not the blue droid version floating around

Last edited by kjhadfield; 05-29-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yeah, I thought I give the blue a rest for a bit. The green in the Taskbar is not bothering at all really and I actually like it. Maybe it's a preference change after having been on an android phone for a while.

I'm working on the 6.5 version now, but I'll flash back to the beta in a bit to see if indeed the "mark as read" option is gone. Although, I'm pretty sure I remember using it yesterday...

Oh and what I added in the beta is screen off. It's a little app that only turns off the dispaly without putting the phone in standby mode. I don't have it linked to any buttons though, so it shouldn't be interfering with anything. Did you try setting the clicking of the power key to pshutxp.exe?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 05-29-2011 at 05:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development