PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[8-23-10]★SharkieROM-Hybrid★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
Appreciate it, but still no go. Going to go to stock and back. Also saw someone in Vins thread with the same issue on his rom. Maybe it is contagious.

Could be totally unrelated, but I have noticed that the twitter feeds on the rom threads for chefs that have them are not working either, so maybe twitter changed something and it gives peep fits. Seems like everyone would be seeing it though if that was the case.

Update: OK, after flashing stock and then rom again, twitter is working. Perhaps it was just corruption. I went straight from sharkie to new sharkie before.
That was an cab from 2016 with people having the simular problem, just thought it might help, since he mix builds
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff
Re: Update[8-23-10]★SharkieROM-Hybrid★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
That was an cab from 2016 with people having the simular problem, just thought it might help, since he mix builds
Yeah, it was worth a shot. So far it it holding steady after the flash dance. We shall see.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Sorry Corey, been at work all night. I do have that problem too. I've not flash danced or Task 29 to see if that will fix it. Good to see that seems to have fixed the problem for you. I've been asking around and reading about it though. If and when I find anything out, I won't hesitate to share and use.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979

Okay so my friend at sprint got me a replacement tp2 since it kept locking on reboot at htc screen. So i get the new phone unlocked and install your newest rom to have this phone do exactly the same thing. So i reflashed it with other roms out there and the phone rebooted with no problems. I dunno why im only having this prblem. I love your roms look and performance.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:44 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 View Post
Okay so my friend at sprint got me a replacement tp2 since it kept locking on reboot at htc screen. So i get the new phone unlocked and install your newest rom to have this phone do exactly the same thing. So i reflashed it with other roms out there and the phone rebooted with no problems. I dunno why im only having this prblem. I love your roms look and performance.
My ROMs seem to take an unusually long time to load. Are you sure you're waiting long enough before you decide that it's stuck on the 1st boot screen. Try it again and just wait. Give it a few min. before you decide that it's stuck. The fact that no one else has ever had this problem leads me to the conclusion that I've mentioned.

Try it again and WAIT...

Let me know...
Old 08-25-2010, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor

sharkie,

LOVE the new hybrid rom!!! everything works great. I did find something weird going on with Opera. I've done the task29 and hard reset after flashing and it still shows up. When hitting the back button in Opera I get these weird symbols at the bottom of the page. I've included some pics.

just want to be sure that it's not something that I should be concerned about with my phone, security wise......

thanks again for all your work and time!!!!

edit - forgot to add that i tried a different build and receive the same weird symbols at the bottom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (4.5 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2.jpg (5.3 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:05 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuuuuts View Post
sharkie,

LOVE the new hybrid rom!!! everything works great. I did find something weird going on with Opera. I've done the task29 and hard reset after flashing and it still shows up. When hitting the back button in Opera I get these weird symbols at the bottom of the page. I've included some pics.

just want to be sure that it's not something that I should be concerned about with my phone, security wise......

thanks again for all your work and time!!!!

edit - forgot to add that i tried a different build and receive the same weird symbols at the bottom.
You are most welcome about the work and time! I really love doing this so thank you for taking the time to let me know you like it.

As far as Opera, I hadn't noticed this before. I doubt it some kind of security issue, but I don't what's causing it exactly. I will look for an answer over the next few days.

Have you ever noticed this on other ROMs with Opera 9.7 either cooked in or installed via .cab?
If you have a .cab of it, install it and see if the same thing happens with that .cab.

Hopefully one of the people that have used Opera 9.7 for a while will be able to help us out with some sort of answer.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-25-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
My ROMs seem to take an unusually long time to load. Are you sure you're waiting long enough before you decide that it's stuck on the 1st boot screen. Try it again and just wait. Give it a few min. before you decide that it's stuck. The fact that no one else has ever had this problem leads me to the conclusion that I've mentioned.

Try it again and WAIT...

Let me know...
no not after 1st reboot. later reboot. it stays frozen in HTC. I THOUGHT WHAT U THOUGHT AND LET IT SIT. ENDED UP BEING 3HRS still was frozen on HTC. Everytime i flash your rom, it loads, reboots after loading, is fine until i reboot to maybe get more memory or maybe after having phone off.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:12 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by l21matt View Post
Hey sharkie, I just noticed you have a 21xxx now. I may have missed it before, but why is it a beta?
Only because it is the first 6.5 ROM I'm ever cooked and was just not comfortable in my knowledge of 6.5 to claim that everything work OK.

After reading feedback since the release, it turns out that, for the most part, everything works as it should and is very stable. I've actually grown fond of 6.5 after having tested it out for a couple of days.

But yeah, don't worry. It's good to go! If you like 6.5 give it a go. I'm sure you'll be pleased
Old 08-25-2010, 01:16 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 View Post
no not after 1st reboot. later reboot. it stays frozen in HTC. I THOUGHT WHAT U THOUGHT AND LET IT SIT. ENDED UP BEING 3HRS still was frozen on HTC. Everytime i flash your rom, it loads, reboots after loading, is fine until i reboot to maybe get more memory or maybe after having phone off.
I hate to not have an answer for you...but I don't. I have absolutely no idea why that keeps happening to you.

Are you trying this over and over with the same downloaded .nbh? Perhaps, try a redownload, if you are. If you've already tried several downloads then...

I hate to leave you hangin', but I just don't know...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development