PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[8-21-10]★SharkieROM★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense 2016][CHT\Stand

Can't wait for 2018 to drop, how is it going for you so far?
Old 08-22-2010, 05:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Update[8-21-10]★SharkieROM★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense 2016][CHT\Stand

This afternoon is the first time I've played with it at all. I've got a lot of catch up reading to do on it. There are no packages that I can find that work correctly out of the box. That means I gotta read and read and read and test and test and test till I get it right. It'll be a while...
Old 08-22-2010, 06:13 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u

Really enjoying the 6.5 rom, I have been tinkering all night and haven't had any lock ups or problems. Great work....now to get back to that 6.5x and see what I was doing wrong.

BTW I was at 80mb free last night, let the rom run all night this morning was down to 32mb, but there was still no lag and getting the wait cursor to show was VERY difficult.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u View Post
Really enjoying the 6.5 rom, I have been tinkering all night and haven't had any lock ups or problems. Great work....now to get back to that 6.5x and see what I was doing wrong.

BTW I was at 80mb free last night, let the rom run all night this morning was down to 32mb, but there was still no lag and getting the wait cursor to show was VERY difficult.
I'm glad you're having better luck with the 6.5 version. I saw the screenie in the TP2 home page thread, it looked hot!

Is that drop in available mb normal? By run all night you mean just being on or programs and apps on all night? Glad to hear that it didn't seem to affect performance at all though

So other than that no glaring issues that I've overlooked? If so, that's great. I may go ahead a start building ROMs tonight then...
Old 08-22-2010, 07:09 PM
I break things, for fun.

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I'm glad you're having better luck with the 6.5 version. I saw the screenie in the TP2 home page thread, it looked hot!

Is that drop in available mb normal? By run all night you mean just being on or programs and apps on all night? Glad to hear that it didn't seem to affect performance at all though

So other than that no glaring issues that I've overlooked? If so, that's great. I may go ahead a start building ROMs tonight then...

I just left the phone one and let it sit while I slept. I don't usually see that steep a drop in Most roms, but it does occur and it doesn't seem to cause any issues with your build.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I just left the phone one and let it sit while I slept. I don't usually see that steep a drop in Most roms, but it does occur and it doesn't seem to cause any issues with your build.
Let me know if this happens when you try out the 23563 build again also. Did this any effect on battery life that you could tell, or was the phone plugged up all night as well?
Old 08-22-2010, 07:23 PM
I break things, for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Let me know if this happens when you try out the 23563 build again also. Did this any effect on battery life that you could tell, or was the phone plugged up all night as well?

Was not plugged in, battery life didn't do any dramatic drops or anything. The Battery life seems fine.

I have a good flash on the 23xxx rom. I do have a questions though:

When i flashed to the 23xxx rom there was no startup sound with the boot up screen. Also, the Battery showed the stock white one. Have you heard of this?

I hard reset and the Start up sound played and the battery was back to the Dafunk one. I don't know if this has been an issue for anyone else, but this is the third time it happened, but a hard reset did not fix it.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:43 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Was not plugged in, battery life didn't do any dramatic drops or anything. The Battery life seems fine.

I have a good flash on the 23xxx rom. I do have a questions though:

When i flashed to the 23xxx rom there was no startup sound with the boot up screen. Also, the Battery showed the stock white one. Have you heard of this?

I hard reset and the Start up sound played and the battery was back to the Dafunk one. I don't know if this has been an issue for anyone else, but this is the third time it happened, but a hard reset did not fix it.
I haven't knowingly made any adjustment to the start up sound, but I've never heard one on my phone. I will look into it and see what's going on with that. I get the stock batter symbol off and on with the 23563 ROM. It has always gone away after a few min. and then is not a problem after that. It's bilbobrian's taskbar on that ROM. Taskbars that I like have always had issues. I was happy to be able to get the dafunk one working 100% on the 6.5. When I used to use it on 6.5.X it gave me a few minor graphical glitches. I have researched the battery showing for a few min. issue, but no one seemed to have an answer, only ignoring it because it was so shortlived. I will look into it again and maybe try a dafunk 6.5.3 taskbar. I haven't tried it on a TP2 yet. Things are so much easier for wvga than for vga.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Hey Sharkie - one really minor thing I just saw with the 6.5.X rom. I am on the Sprint CHT rom and needed to run the sprint keyboard fix cab to get the hardware kb FN keys to map correctly. About as minor as it gets, but wanted to let you know.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
Hey Sharkie - one really minor thing I just saw with the 6.5.X rom. I am on the Sprint CHT rom and needed to run the sprint keyboard fix cab to get the hardware kb FN keys to map correctly. About as minor as it gets, but wanted to let you know.
I don't remember ever having that issue. I'll flash it now and have a look see. Anyone else getting that on that ROM?

Edit:

Did you have your issue right after flashing or hard reset? If you don't know for certain, check that out for me next time you happen to do either. I'm leaning towards it being something else that you might have installed. I'm usually good about checking for that issue as I know it happens frequently with some mods.

If anyone else has noticed this, please speak up...

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-22-2010 at 08:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development