PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 05:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[8-29-10-Hybrid v2.0]★SharkieROM★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
gota say op that you defiantly stand by your builds and always have a fix or answer for peoples problems. im not at ppcg much cause of mods bs but i wanted to say thanx for the work you not only put out but fix if needed. got a epic today but its no wm device so its only here for 20dys but its a fun phone but i hope you get a wp7 device cause thats my next phone i keep and hope to see ya there.
You will be sorely missed. Happy travels darren! Thanks for all your invaluable help!

Oh and I LOVE the new avatar. I get it. LOL Let me guess, it was to do with some of your other avatar choices? Some people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfoota21 View Post
Been OOS for awhile, sat on my TP2 , then was sent a replacement that was defective. I now have a working phone and already flashed the new 6.5.x HYBRID. LOVE the addition of RSS . Also like the new Dialer posted above. Once again , havent had a hiccup yet. Look forward to the 6.5 hybrid release.
Good to see you again. I was wonderin... Glad you got a chance to check out Hybrid v2.0. Let me know how it holds up over the long haul. Thanks for commenting on the dialer too!

Indagroove, over at MUI, has been working on moving the RSS feed bar to the top of the home page and giving us 3x3 quicklinks on the home page in landscape 2018.

What do you guys think? RSS feed where it is, or on top?
Old 08-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mobileguy2108 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Update[8-15-10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint-[23563][Sense only (2016)][CHT\Standar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Do you mean like this?

If you do and you've not found it for yourself yet, here you go!
Thanks for posting this - do you know how to change the brightness of th background, or add a drop shadow to the words? My start menu background is pretty bright in some places and the words disappear.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Update[8-15-10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint-[23563][Sense only (2016)][CHT\Standar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileguy2108 View Post
Thanks for posting this - do you know how to change the brightness of th background, or add a drop shadow to the words? My start menu background is pretty bright in some places and the words disappear.
I don't off of the top of my head. I can look around for you, but it won't be for a couple of days. Long work days ahead. If you find it for yourself, let me know how to do it. That'd be cool.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff
Re: Update[8-29-10-Hybrid v2.0]★SharkieROM★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016

Oh... Sharkie and the SHARKIANS!

DON'T REALLY KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT PAGE POOL... BUT I'VE BEEN RUNNING HYBRID ALL DAY TRYING TO ALL I CAN TO FULL UP MY MEMERY ( still holding, the lowest I seen 74k) AND i watched NINJA ASSASSINS TODAY AT WORK OFF THE INERNET. PLAYED WITH NO PROBLEM, HAD TO LET IN BUFFER A LIL BIT BUT ANY WAY BACK TO MY POINT... LOL

I THINK EVERY BODY SHOULD TASK 29, CHANGE PAGE POOL/ 12, HARD RESET, LET YOUR XDA_UC RUN, DONT SOFT RESET JUST YET... PRESS NO... DO YOUR PROVISIONS OR CABS... AND I DON'T THINK Y'ALL WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH ANYTHING THATS NOT A REALLY BIG PROBLEM THAT WE AS THE USERS CAN'T FIX ARE SELFS. SOOO... ON THAT NOTE THANKS FOR SHOWING ME HOW TO PAGE POOL ( I don't think theres nothing I haven't done beside do my on ROM) SHARKIE... YOU ALRIGHT WITH ME, BRO

Last edited by bobbyblack; 08-31-2010 at 07:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:

Which ROM?
v1.1 6.5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileguy2108 View Post
The start menu text is controlled by the following two files in your \\Windows directory:

StartMenu_GridScene_480x800.cpr (Portrait)
StartMenu_GridScene_800x480.cpr (Landscape)

You can change the color of the text, as well as any "highlight" around them. You can edit the files with Notepad (don't use MS Word or Wordpad as they tend to add extra formatting to the file). I don't remember exactly which values to change, but there's only a few color codes in there (it's a very small file) so it shouldn't be too hard.

I have my start menu text set to (almost) black, with a gray "glow" so that it shows up nice on the GTX theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
Oh... Sharkie and the SHARKIANS!

DON'T REALLY KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT PAGE POOL... BUT I'VE BEEN RUNNING HYBRID ALL DAY TRYING TO ALL I CAN TO FULL UP MY MEMERY ( still holding, the lowest I seen 74k) AND i watched NINJA ASSASSINS TODAY AT WORK OFF THE INERNET. PLAYED WITH NO PROBLEM, HAD TO LET IN BUFFER A LIL BIT BUT ANY WAY BACK TO MY POINT... LOL

I THINK EVERY BODY SHOULD TASK 29, CHANGE PAGE POOL/ 12, HARD RESET, LET YOUR XDA_UC RUN, DONT SOFT RESET JUST YET... PRESS NO... DO YOUR PROVISIONS OR CABS... AND I DON'T THINK Y'ALL WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH ANYTHING THATS NOT A REALLY BIG PROBLEM THAT WE AS THE USERS CAN'T FIX ARE SELFS. SOOO... ON THAT NOTE THANKS FOR SHOWING ME HOW TO PAGE POOL ( I don't think theres nothing I haven't done beside do my on ROM) SHARKIE... YOU ALRIGHT WITH ME, BRO
Glad to hear that changing the pagepool worked out!!! I'm gonna do that as soon as Sharkie drops the next 6.5.x ROM!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

Sixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Would like to see the RSS either on top or all the way on bottom instead of quicklinks. Screen is starting to look cramped. I had to remove quicklinks from top line in order to save some chaos. Thanks to a couple mods and your kick arse ROM. I have this beauty =D>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2.jpg (8.7 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Sharkie,

will you be updating 6.5 some time soon too?

It is a great build except the memory issue.

Thank you very much!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:11 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

That looks hot! The thread I was talking about is HERE. In post 2 he says there are .cabs. I've not checked any of it out yet. Let me know if any of you try any of the mods from that thread. If you want to use any of the files instead of the .cab, you'd probably just have to install them into Windows. If you guys try it, post some screenies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Sharkie,

will you be updating 6.5 some time soon too?

It is a great build except the memory issue.

Thank you very much!
I will, but the memory thing is what's taking so long. It's a lot to learn and long processes to test. I may upload a new version of each ROM this weekend with some of the other little fixes in it while I continue to work on the memory side of things.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-31-2010 at 11:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:14 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
That looks hot! The thread I was talking about is HERE. In post 2 he says there are .cabs. I've not checked any of it out yet. Let me know if any of you try any of the mods from that thread. If you want to use any of the files instead of the .cab, you'd probably just have to install them into Windows. If you guys try it, post some screenies!

I will, but the memory thing is what's taking so long. It's a lot to learn and long processes to test. I may upload a new version of each ROM this weekend with some of the other little fixes in it while I continue to work on the memory side of things.
Thank you for the reply!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

slochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I suspect it varies by phone, or batch of phones within a model, but I did a bit of testing and found that my best pagepool size is 10.5 (I know; odd) and 0 has been the worst after 3 to 4 days. This held true when overclocking to 710 as well (not that OC would effect pagepooling, but it was worth mentioning). Also my wifes TP2, that was purchased 4 months after mine, is best at 13.4 - so if you don't want to be any testing it looks like 12 is a safe bet. But I suggest testing to find out for yourself.

just my 1.2 cents

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development