PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Sixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[8-15-10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint-[23563][Sense only (2016)][CHT\Standar

Having so much trouble downloading this file. Restricted at work, and when i got home last night and d/l both CHT and ST roms. get unsupported 7z file when trying to extract &$&*^&*%$*(&&$* *(%$
Old 08-16-2010, 06:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Update[8-15-10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint-[23563][Sense only (2016)][CHT\Standar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcluvntheboss View Post
Nope!! If you are talking about when it 1st starts up and you see "TOUCH PRO 2". The boot img has to be flashed onto the phone just like you would flash a rom. If you search around you can find a few of them. It is a .nb file.
What you're talking about is commonly referred to as a splash screen. You can make them yourself easily with Gimp or Photoshop. Check out this little tutorial I gave on implenting your own splash screen here:

forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1784436&postcount=2178

Read about a page before that and a few posts after that to understand it all. Just remember that flashing back to stock will not restore the stock splash screen. So I'd do a search for your stock splash screen before you endeavor to change it.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-16-2010 at 06:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2--Thunderbolt
Carrier: The Big Red

mcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
What you're talking about is commonly referred to as a splash screen. You can make them yourself easily with Gimp or Photoshop. Check out this little tutorial I gave on implenting your own splash screen here:

forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1784436&postcount=2178

Read about a page before that and a few posts after that to understand it all. Just remember that flashing back to stock will not restore the stock splash screen. So I'd do a search for your stock splash screen before you endeavor to change it.
Yeah I understand it. I was just trying to keep it simple and answer his ? about that app. That is a pretty good tutorial you gave us. Ive made a few of my owen using it. Thanks
Old 08-16-2010, 07:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfoota21 View Post
Having so much trouble downloading this file. Restricted at work, and when i got home last night and d/l both CHT and ST roms. get unsupported 7z file when trying to extract &$&*^&*%$*(&&$* *(%$
thats so odd. no one else seems to be having trouble. I'd be more than happy to upload a ROM to Mediafire or 4Shared if you like. Just let me know which Rom and which site you think will work best for you. I'm at work though and wont be able to start the upload till 1030 or so when I get home. Its at least an hour upload time for any site. Let me know...
Old 08-16-2010, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intercept

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to L21Matt

Quote:
Just remember that flashing back to stock will not restore the stock splash screen. .
After i ran task29, i began getting the black "touch pro2" splash rather than the HTC / white background, but when i flashed back to the stock rom from HTC's site the other day, the stock boot screen was back. Its gone again since i task29'ed again. the black splash is easier on the eyes lol.

Quote:
have you disabled TouchResponse and disabled TouchFlo and unchecked vibrate on call connect in phone settings? If not, try that and let me know...
Thank you! I was trying to figure this one out too. It was indeed the settings in touch responce, i checked disable viberate in a call, seems good.

Now im still playing with 2 of your roms, the CHT Sprint one with nav and tv, and the CHT All Carriers, Can't decide if i want the Sprint "stuff" or not. decisions decisions (is that the only difference? one has sprint stuff, the other doesnt?)
Old 08-16-2010, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intercept

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to L21Matt

I hope to someday use my phone to make calls and txt. It's my first smart phone and i've had it for less than a week and have been playing with it instead of using it as a phone. Its more like a mini laptop, um or shall i say a pocket pc My how far we have come in phones.. My first cell could hardly even make calls and it was the size of a brick. lol
Old 08-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: metro

jorgeperales07 is a n00b

take off the opera 10 , go for the 9.7 , your rom its going to be more complete
Old 08-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

Quote:
thats so odd. no one else seems to be having trouble. I'd be more than happy to upload a ROM to Mediafire or 4Shared if you like. Just let me know which Rom and which site you think will work best for you. I'm at work though and wont be able to start the upload till 1030 or so when I get home. Its at least an hour upload time for any site. Let me know...
Sounds like you don't have WINRAR loaded on your PC, or your have a virus protect that's not allowing it to load.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:40 PM
VIP Member

mcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I just tried to download the multi carrier roms and it wouldnt let me save them. I had to click open instead of save and then I extracted it to a different folder. Anyone having probs downloading try that. It worked for me. Im flashing it right now.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:46 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgeperales07 View Post
take off the opera 10 , go for the 9.7 , your rom its going to be more complete
I To like 9.7 way more than 10
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development