PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 with MR3
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kdjameson is keeping up the good workkdjameson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[10-12-10]★SharkieROM v2.1★Generic\Sprint[23563\21916][Sense2019]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
ok verizon users on this rom,i wanna know how many of you use visual voicemail and vz navigator?? i use neither and i ask because of the provisioning........lot of real estate gets ate up there and was wondering if ppl actually use those apps at all,vzw users please comment
I don't use VZNav. I use Bing instead, since it's free.
I do use the VZ VisualVoiceMail.

@Kliptik:
Lastest VVM does give the option to use speaker or not. I have version 1.1.12.9.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP 2
Carrier: VZW

karenes721 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
ok verizon users on this rom,i wanna know how many of you use visual voicemail and vz navigator?? i use neither and i ask because of the provisioning........lot of real estate gets ate up there and was wondering if ppl actually use those apps at all,vzw users please comment
I don't use either of the two apps....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:52 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

aye sharkie i know im mention the reverse landscape that rotate screen app in rom does. i found a different rotate screen app thats rotates in our native landscape. found it in that cabs thread an the cabs was supplied by hypnotic and app ripped by improve.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Improve_Hypnotic2010 Rotate Screen.cab (12.6 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
1) KD-Font is back is business!! Visit his thread (link is in the 1st post) for more info.

2) Straightup27 had asked me about the icons in the Music and People sub-tabs. Sense 2018 uses different files for the icons that sit on top of the slider in these sub-tabs. So if you're using an older transparent slider of some sort you will probably have a double image in these tabs. Along with the actual slider images, most of the transparent slider cabs also have in them the files for the icons that sit on top of the slider that have been made transparent so that you don't get that double image. So if you're using a transparent slider cab made for Sense 2.5.2016 or lower they work fine, Sense 2.5.2018 (maybe 2017, not sure never used it) or higher will not have these newer files in them. I've made a cab with these newer files that I've made transparent. It's posted at the bottom.

It's NOT a transparent slider cab, only a few needed files to be used in conjunction with a transparent slider cab on my ROM or any other ROM using 2018 or higher Core files.

The funny thing is that Straightup27 PMed me a pic of an indiviual contact page so I could see the icon overlay. I grabbed some of the files that I thought were these from my Core 2018 files but they only work on the Music and People sub-tabs, but not an individual contact sub-tab. So I looked in my People 2011 package (People 2011 is faster than all the rest. I don't care what anyone says, I've tried them all and they all [except 2011] slow down the slider ) and there were the individual contact sub-tab slider icon images. This is odd to me because it seems like a transparent slider cab would have included these files since it's a 2011 package.

In any event, I've included these files. They may not be necessary with some cabs, I'm not sure. I don't use transparent sliders. Even if they aren't necessary, they will only overwrite your transparent files with another set of transparent files. No harm done.
awesome!! it worked perfectly sir!! thank you as it wasn't a big deal just annoying but i don't have to be annoyed any longer!!

Last edited by Straitup27; 11-18-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Is Discombobulated!!

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
aye sharkie i know im mention the reverse landscape that rotate screen app in rom does. i found a different rotate screen app thats rotates in our native landscape. found it in that cabs thread an the cabs was supplied by hypnotic and app ripped by improve.
thanks man,will def. give this a shot to see how well it improves things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenes721 View Post
I don't use either of the two apps....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjameson View Post
I don't use VZNav. I use Bing instead, since it's free.
I do use the VZ VisualVoiceMail.

@Kliptik:
Lastest VVM does give the option to use speaker or not. I have version 1.1.12.9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona283 View Post
I do not use either of the applications mentioned.

Freeing up real estate would be wonderful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
I don't use either of them. I use Bing for navigation, and VVM (last I tried) only plays through the speaker so that's a no-go for me on that.
ok thanks to all you guys,i know us vzw ppl are out numbered and all but i wanted to see how many ppl actually use the apps. and since 90% of us don't i think we could find a smaller provisioning package that uses a a smaller footprint, THANKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Thats good news.
I hope it is better because when I was playn with CHT editor and CHT-S,
I encountered an SOD on overclock problem.
Somehow I had the proximity sensor on all the time, not just 4 calls.
This caused the unit to turn on & off every time my hand got close to sensor,
even after phone turned off and locked.
This in turn also caused SOD when overclocked...

So if anyone has this problem, Go here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila
"CHT.State.ProximityRelight"=dword:00000000
Make shure put to zero.
Check also:
"CHT.State.ProximityActivate"=dword:00000000
Not as important, but check that is at zero as well.

Also, sadly when selecting/activating button "proximity backlight off" in when in CHT editor lockscreen settings...
It also occasionally causes same SOD problem.
This setting is a nice feature when locked & just put in your pocket you dont have to turn unit off as well, since it then does it for you when locked.
hmmm can't say i have ever had a sod on this rom since before it's release but i'm gonna see if i can replicate,thanks for all your tweaks Maxx!!
Old 11-18-2010, 10:13 PM
HI Fly Guy

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i never really used the built in rotate app till i started delivery an realized it rotated opposite of keyboard open landscape, which is akward since thats not how we use the kb. i mount my phone in car via windshield and lanscape is best for nav. so it was just one of those things. seems everything is running good w/ the app so far 2night
Old 11-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Is Discombobulated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
i never really used the built in rotate app till i started delivery an realized it rotated opposite of keyboard open landscape, which is akward since thats not how we use the kb. i mount my phone in car via windshield and lanscape is best for nav. so it was just one of those things. seems everything is running good w/ the app so far 2night
+1 all running well here as well,thanks for posting it
Old 11-19-2010, 12:03 AM
HI Fly Guy

No prob, I was searching that thread for tele nav cause I remembered seeing it and happen to stumble on that. Once you mentioned the verizon provisioning and saving space I thought the same being on generic without the sprint apps well mainly sprint tv and use the generic tele nav with my sprint id

Sent from my A81E using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2010, 01:43 AM
HI Fly Guy

does any1 know what channel the win mobile wifi router app is set at? i need channel 11 but on my pad it shows its on 1. i tried looking for a setting in the app but couldnt find 1. just wondering if any1 can help me w/ this. once i get this my android pad will connect via ad hoc. thanks
Old 11-21-2010, 12:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Airtel

burhanor is a n00b

Hi,

Is this ROM available for HTC Touch GSM ie Elfin ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development