PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Touch Pro / Palm Treo 700w
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

weinberk is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼Quickest, Most Customizable Mani

So I'm one of those people who can't stand all of the people posting angrily about delays in releases, etc. At the risk of seeming to join the ranks of people who complain, I'm posting this, but please, it's not a complaint, I'm just looking for some info. Big- I've been using BigMaxSense since June 3, and LOVE it. I'm just wondering about its future.

First, it doesn't look like Maxycy has logged into XDA for quite some time:
Total PostsGeneral Information
  • Last Activity: 31st July 2010 08:36 PM
  • Referrals: 12

Is MaxSenseUI no longer?

Second, Big, you've said that you're on the Droid-X now, but that you'd keep developing BigMaxSense. Can you give us an update on where you are with this? I read that there's activity in the beta formum (restricted), but the regular users haven't seen anything from you since the 7-25 release, 2 months ago.

I don't mean to detract from that in any way, I just want to know where we stand... Big, your hard work is appreciated, dare I say "life changing," and we all hope that you're willing to continue here.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 running XDANDROID full time

skyguy04 is just getting started
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼Quickest, Most Customizable Mani

I think it's safe to say this is dead. If you want constant, "life changing" updates, come check out android for TP2. It's AMAZING what those guys have done with this port.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-android-development/
Old 09-28-2010, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼Quickest, Most Customizable Mani

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy04 View Post
I think it's safe to say this is dead. If you want constant, "life changing" updates, come check out android for TP2. It's AMAZING what those guys have done with this port.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-android-development/
I won't believe the death unless Big says so....

SkyGuy - you're not finding the TP2 to be underpowered for android?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

All right.. Here's the skinny.......

i have not heard one word from Max since July... Is MaxSense done for? Your guess is as good as mine... Last time i talked to Max we were discussing optimization ideas and that was it... It sucks because i had spent MANY hours working with him testing and developing...I have tried emailing him twice with no response.. who know what happened to him....

As far as updates for BigMaxSense ROM i'm just not sure if its going to happen or not. If MaxSense is dead its hard to get motivated to continue my part with the ROM. also the fact that i have a droid and most of my time is being spent learning and developing it. i rarely use the tp2 anymore and its getting hard to carry 2 devices around everywhere i go..

I will say that i have tried the new Cookie 2.0 on Energy ROM and it is quite nice....
im getting a steady 90 mbs of free RAM and both cookie and NRG has done w great job. cookies new additions are the ***! very detailed and top notch... and to be perfectly honest its hard to compete with a Mod like Cookie that is still developing and a ROM like NRG who has literally got it down to a art...

With all that said i'm not sure what i will do with my tp2 or this ROM.... I will say i would probably see myself doing a theme before a ROM... I dont see much point in learning something (winmo ROM development) that im not going to be using in the future... I dont see me ever going back to Windows Mobile... i only see droid in my future for now.... WinMo 7 does not interest me...

Thanks for all the support given and hopefully this won't be the last of my tp2 work

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

djwalter is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to djwalter Send a message via Skype™ to djwalter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinberk View Post
I won't believe the death unless Big says so....

SkyGuy - you're not finding the TP2 to be underpowered for android?
I was alittle skeptical too. I had always seen the Android development thread but never really took it seriously. But since the ROMs slowed down with android fever I read up and gave it a shot. It's not perfect but neither was sense in the beginning. With alittle overclocking it's not bad. It is truly amazing what those guys have done. Plus, you have a TP2 that dual boots WinMo and Android. It doesn't make your TP2 an EVO or Epic but it's fun trying for me.

Peace
Old 09-28-2010, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
All right.. Here's the skinny.......

i have not heard one word from Max since July... Is MaxSense done for? Your guess is as good as mine... Last time i talked to Max we were discussing optimization ideas and that was it... It sucks because i had spent MANY hours working with him testing and developing...I have tried emailing him twice with no response.. who know what happened to him....

As far as updates for BigMaxSense ROM i'm just not sure if its going to happen or not. If MaxSense is dead its hard to get motivated to continue my part with the ROM. also the fact that i have a droid and most of my time is being spent learning and developing it. i rarely use the tp2 anymore and its getting hard to carry 2 devices around everywhere i go..

I will say that i have tried the new Cookie 2.0 on Energy ROM and it is quite nice....
im getting a steady 90 mbs of free RAM and both cookie and NRG has done w great job. cookies new additions are the ***! very detailed and top notch... and to be perfectly honest its hard to compete with a Mod like Cookie that is still developing and a ROM like NRG who has literally got it down to a art...

With all that said i'm not sure what i will do with my tp2 or this ROM.... I will say i would probably see myself doing a theme before a ROM... I dont see much point in learning something (winmo ROM development) that im not going to be using in the future... I dont see me ever going back to Windows Mobile... i only see droid in my future for now.... WinMo 7 does not interest me...

Thanks for all the support given and hopefully this won't be the last of my tp2 work
Thanks for the candid reply Big. Doesn't sound good for us wm users, but I'm still going to hold my breath for a bit.

I know you said that there where betas after 7-25. Are any of them releasable, even with a warning that they're not complete??
Old 09-29-2010, 02:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Thanks for the hard work Big.

Suffice it to say I've moved onto Maverick's mobile shell and it works better than anything I've tried. Similar setup as maxsense, a little more stripped down and lacks some of the eye candy, buy runs like a raped ape.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

monkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good work

Yeah this is pretty sad indeed. But at least version 7/25 was as stable as it could be. Adding the Quick Menu along with overclocking it make this rom and more importantly the TP2 run like a champ. Thanks again Big for all the works you 've put into this ROM.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Carrier: US Cellular

Micah247 is just getting started

Thanks again Big you did good work.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Alltel

Djbobcatt is a n00b

I finally find a rom i love that i kept longer than 2 weeks. (now running since may of 10) and it dies grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development