PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 12:59 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Thanks for help, and you are correct in the statements folders vs files. Been working 12 hours shifts and then building roms by day and working at night, just trying to do too much. I can trim the folders myself of any fat. Did not notice on the first beta release the final size was 185mb's. Released a 2nd beta today, that when I noticed the size of the file. Didn't have time to compare folders before hitting the bed to start all over again. I DL'd 23128 from one of the post in this thread. So when I get done with my paying job I will trim the excess fat the sys folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
My 23128 = 3,513 Files, 569 Folders. So pretty similar to your 23563 build (your 566 has to be folders, not files).

(That's without Autoupdate, IRDA, SampleMusic, VOIP, Welcome, Widgets etc.)

The difference in "folders" (and you have to mean 'folders', not 'files' - right?) - 566 vs. 626 is HUGE. You are not comparing apples and oranges in those 2 builds. You must have everything possible included in your 23128 build. An extra 15MB wouldn't surprise me.

Sounds like you've taken 2 different builds and didn't trim 23128 to have the same content as the old 23563. Since you're relatively new at this, if you want to post the 2 SYS's, I can tell you in a couple of minutes what you need to delete from your 23128 to get a build that's equivalent to 23563.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
Old 07-18-2010, 01:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Sounds like you've taken 2 different builds and didn't trim 23128 to have the same content as the old 23563.
Trim the sys..... I have never done that.
What do you mean trim the sys?

I edit the msxipkernel and the oemxipkernel.
What can I play with in the sys?

Last edited by hthomas; 07-18-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, 2X HTC HD2s
Carrier: Verizon & TmoUS

Blades is just getting started

Is there a new kitchen available? I'd like to start fresh... Mine keeps on crashing when trying to build a 21911 sys. Its too bad that rstg's kitchen is for gsm rhod. I have a LEO and it'd be nice to have one kitchen w/ two devices.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:09 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
It sounds to me like either it's CFC vs Non-CFC files issue or you simply haven't made the backgrounds to your pics transparent.

I believe sometimes or all the time Non-CFC manila files will show as white when used on CFC'ed manila files.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
That is exactly my problem. How do I make the transparent backgorund in the .png icon before I run it through cfc? I've searched and searched and just cannot find the answer.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:39 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post

Here's a good description of what in SYS.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...66&postcount=5

A lot of builds you see in this thread have some of the packages already deleted. But if you get a build from xda, you'll want to either delete or disable things like: Autoupdate, Irda, VOIP. And you may want to delete Voice Command, Themes, Widgets, Sample Music. If you never use Titanium, you can experiment with the Bronze stuff.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:52 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
Is there a new kitchen available? I'd like to start fresh... Mine keeps on crashing when trying to build a 21911 sys. Its too bad that rstg's kitchen is for gsm rhod. I have a LEO and it'd be nice to have one kitchen w/ two devices.
I've had this sitting in my kitchen, but haven't really super-tweaked it yet... This is the stock TP2 6.5 rom. It's made to slide inside my HD2 kitchen.

rstg_TP2_Kitchen_EVK_EXT_v2.04.07.rar

And here's a link to my HD2 kitchen. Over 800 megs of downloads, but we live in a high speed era! It's fully stocked otherwise. Download all three parts from my hd2 thread, and the one above, unarchive them in place, and delete ..\EXT\LEO and ..\OEM\LEO and everything else works fine.

I haven't tweaked:
- initflashfiles.dat - my old one should work
- don't have any tp2 task bars
- really spent any time with it, but works...

Now where did I put my TP2... Enjoy!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 07-18-2010 at 03:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post

Here's my SYS>23563>SHARED>COMMON folder. I believe it's trimmed down as much as can be, except for Voice Command (which I use). I've pretty much removed the equivalent files in the other SYS folders as well e.g., I've removed the entertaintment folder from here, so I've also removed Entertainment_DPI_192 from DPI_192>COMMON, and Entertainment_Lang_0409_DPI_192 from SYS>23563>DPI_192>0409 and so on...

I don't use Titanium at all so all that stuff is gone, Chome, Bronze etc...

PS - Does anyone see anything else I can safely remove? I've read the Da_G's XDA thread and I believe everything I've left is necessary. Is that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
That is exactly my problem. How do I make the transparent backgorund in the .png icon before I run it through cfc? I've searched and searched and just cannot find the answer.
Are you designing your own icons from scratch? Most Sense icons that you'll find already have their backgrounds transparent. If you're making your own, it's a matter of learning how to use whatever photo editing/drawing program you're using. That's a whole other ball game and I'm not sure that I could explain it well enough here. The easy quick explanation is you have to erase the background of the pic. to make it transparent. What program do you use to make your icons?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 07-18-2010 at 11:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:36 AM
O-Matic

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Talking Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Are you designing your own icons from scratch? Most Sense icons that you'll find already have their backgrounds transparent. If you're making your own, it's a matter of learning how to use whatever photo editing/drawing program you're using. That's a whole other ball game and I'm not sure that I could explain it well enough here. The easy quick explanation is you have to erase the background of the pic. to make it transparent. What program do you use to make your icons?
I've been using some free icon maker I've had for awhile. I think I still have an old copy of Photoshop laying around here somewhere.

One other problem I had this morning. I was going to send a text msg, and when I went to select the name out of my contact, it would not import it over to the text msg. If I send an MMS it works fine. I'm not using any HTC messaging in my rom. Any ideas?

This rom building stuff is hard. Seems like I fix one thing, and either I find another problem, of something else breaks.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
I've been using some free icon maker I've had for awhile. I think I still have an old copy of Photoshop laying around here somewhere.

One other problem I had this morning. I was going to send a text msg, and when I went to select the name out of my contact, it would not import it over to the text msg. If I send an MMS it works fine. I'm not using any HTC messaging in my rom. Any ideas?

This rom building stuff is hard. Seems like I fix one thing, and either I find another problem, of something else breaks.
Not sure about the SMS thing. You go to WM Contacts and select "Send Text Message" in a certain contact and it does not take you to the SMS page?

As far as building ROMs and one thing breaking something else, that's the fun of it! The feeling of success upon getting things mostly right is amplified by the fact that it's so frustrating to do so sometimes, so when you do get it right... IT'S AWESOME!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:59 AM
O-Matic

Quote:
Not sure about the SMS thing. You go to WM Contacts and select "Send Text Message" in a certain contact and it does not take you to the SMS page?

As far as building ROMs and one thing breaking something else, that's the fun of it! The feeling of success upon getting things mostly right is amplified by the fact that it's so frustrating to do so sometimes, so when you do get it right... IT'S AWESOME!!!
It takes me to the SMS screen, but the "To:" line is blank. The contact I've selected to send the msg to is not there. It does this if I do it directly from the contacts icon in the start menu, and when I try it from the SMS/MMS. I hope I explained it well enough.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development