PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 07:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Anyone know how to keep the Sprint telenav audio files from showing up in the ringtones and such lists. I tried renaming the files and then adjusting my app.dat like I did with Bing to fix the same problem, but I can't rename the telenav mp3 files. Rstoyguy changed all the .wav files in Bing to .wa files and then had the app.dat save then in the right spot back as .wav files. This way windows wouldn't recognize them and keep including them in ringtones. Does it take a separate program to be able to rename mp3 files?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Anyone know how to keep the Sprint telenav audio files from showing up in the ringtones and such lists. I tried renaming the files and then adjusting my app.dat like I did with Bing to fix the same problem, but I can't rename the telenav mp3 files. Rstoyguy changed all the .wav files in Bing to .wa files and then had the app.dat save then in the right spot back as .wav files. This way windows wouldn't recognize them and keep including them in ringtones. Does it take a separate program to be able to rename mp3 files?
Can you attach that ext
Old 12-12-2010, 12:56 PM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Here's that package. The app.dat is funny because I started changing the .mp3 to .mp in hopes of accomplishing what I've previously mentioned. Then I realized that I couldn't change the mp3 file type.

I've uploaded my Bing package too, so you can see what it is that I'm talking about as far as renaming the files.

One more question if I may. One of my users has said that he's seen a hike in date usage while tethering via Internet Sharing on my ROM. They had asked if my ROM included stealth tethering. To be honest, I never paid much attention to that, as I never tether.

In any event, their question lead me to do some reading on the matter and it seems that Sprint has disable tethering all together and that if one is able to tether at all, then it's stealth. Is that right? What files should I be looking for in my kitchen to make sure that I have stealth tethering included in my ROM. I've also read that HTC WiFi Router is stealth ready to go. Is that true? How about Internet Sharing? They also said "data usage" and not that they were being charged for it. Even if it were stealth tethering, wouldn't one still be using their data to do so and that would mean that if you tethered a lot your data usage would go up?

Sorry for the long winded question. Any help or quick explanations on the matter would be much appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 02 Sprint Navigation 2.8.0.18.zip (2.77 MB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Bing.zip (2.61 MB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 12-13-2010 at 08:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work

Anyone here ever build a rom that after a day or two, links that did work stop working? I'll soft reset and it just hangs until I hard reset, then a couple of days later back to the same thing.

Could this just be a bad compile or a bad sys, cause everything else in my kitchen is the same?
Old 12-13-2010, 03:16 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Here's that package. The app.dat is funny because I started changing the .mp3 to .mp in hopes of accomplishing what I've previously mentioned. Then I realized that I could change the mp3 file type.

I've uploaded my Bing package too, so you can see what it is that I'm talking about as far as renaming the files.

One more question if I may. One of my users has said that he's seen a hike in date usage while tethering via Internet Sharing on my ROM. They had asked if my ROM included stealth tethering. To be honest, I never paid much attention to that, as I never tether.

In any event, their question lead me to do some reading on the matter and it seems that Sprint has disable tethering all together and that if one is able to tether at all, then it's stealth. Is that right? What files should I be looking for in my kitchen to make sure that I have stealth tethering included in my ROM. I've also read that HTC WiFi Router is stealth ready to go. Is that true? How about Internet Sharing? They also said "data usage" and not that they were being charged for it. Even if it were stealth tethering, wouldn't one still be using their data to do so and that would mean that if you tethered a lot your data usage would go up?

Sorry for the long winded question. Any help or quick explanations on the matter would be much appreciated.
I have no problems with renaming (right mice click>rename).May be check your file explorer settings
I renamed them all

Here is some info regarding tethening:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1989291-post484.html

Some more tips http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1989304-post485.html

Also if you baked ConnectionSetupDB from 6.5 sprint ROM (where bunch of .db files)-delete it and use the same package from GSM TP2.Otherwise tetherers will be pissed with constant disconnection lol
Attached Files
File Type: rar 02 Sprint Navigation 2.8.0.18.rar (2.54 MB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:14 AM
VIP Member

Great info. File explorer settings may be it. I'll have to check later when I'm home. Thanks for doing it for me in the meantime and thanks for the tethering info. I believe, based on your info., my tethering should be straight. I double check all of that as well. As usual, you're the man!

Thank you much!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
Here's that package. The app.dat is funny because I started changing the .mp3 to .mp in hopes of accomplishing what I've previously mentioned. Then I realized that I couldn't change the mp3 file type.

Install as cab, or unzip at startup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sae View Post
Anyone here ever build a rom that after a day or two, links that did work stop working? I'll soft reset and it just hangs until I hard reset, then a couple of days later back to the same thing.

Could this just be a bad compile or a bad sys, cause everything else in my kitchen is the same?
Task29 before flash, and it should solve it. Allways task29 when flashing different OS builds.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
Task29 before flash, and it should solve it. Allways task29 when flashing different OS builds.
I always thought that was an unnecessary step, like back when people would flash stock then custom rom. But that did the trick. It's odd that it only causes problems sometimes though.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:18 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sae View Post
I always thought that was an unnecessary step, like back when people would flash stock then custom rom. But that did the trick. It's odd that it only causes problems sometimes though.
Yeah, it's pretty much random. I guess when you flash a custom ROM, it doesn't overwrite all of the old ROM. With the advent of the splash screen task29, it takes 2 seconds to do...so I always use it before flashing a new ROM. The shipped ROMs also would fix the problems, but take a lot longer to flash (there's obviously a difference when flashing a ROM with a radio from HTC then the custom ones without radios we flash all of the time).

People who feel like wasting time and 'flash dancing' do all sorts of hard resets before and after flashing, none of which are necessary in my experience.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

Anyone have 0409 files for LongPressEndKey v1_5_20191231_00?

All the ROMs I've dumped with this version of this package seem to only have 0804 files. I've tried using 0409 files from v1.5.20162731.00, but obviously that doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development