PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 12:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Is there a different way to put a .cab in a folder in the start menu other than the way that one would put a .lnk in a folder in the start menu?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The home wallpaper reg edits don't seem to work with 2018,
anyone have a working homebackground reg edit to set the desired wallpaper
on boot up with out having to select it manually?

Thanks
Old 09-03-2010, 01:02 PM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

I used
Code:
[HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila]
"HomeBackgroundPath"=???????
on my 2018 ROM and that works fine. I have it installing as a .cab at boot up. Although the wallpaper seems grainy and not near as good quality as with 2016 -. Anyone know why that might be?

Do you know how to place .cabs in a folder in the start menu? Check my post here, to see what I've tried.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 09-03-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Is this the stock setup that works with all com3 without modification or is this one that has been made to work with non-com3 builds. I thought that the pin was fixed? it is on the one i am using from the oboe dump on 21674...I think the pinlock only does not work if taken from a hvga build, i could be wrong though. Thanks for posting
That could be. I haven't tried it because I saw warnings on alot of the HTCLockscreens so I put the warning in there.
Honestly... I don't use the PIN scene, I wish there was a PIN LS like the Droid. Where you drag from Dot to dot in a pattern to unlock it. I won't hold my breath, lol.

Last edited by sc00b4s7eve; 09-03-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

william_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
That could be. I haven't tried it because I saw warnings on alot of the HTCLockscreens so I put the warning in there.
Honestly... I don't use the PIN scene, I wish there was a PIN LS like the Droid. Where you drag from Dot to dot in a pattern to unlock it. I won't hold my breath, lol.
Isnt Throttlelock like that? Dot pattern to unlock...
Old 09-03-2010, 02:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Pin lock works for 2018 pkg. As formula said, it is WVGA, hence it works. If it is from HVGA like mini, then it wont work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by william_fold View Post
Yes
Old 09-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I used
Code:
"HomeBackgroundPath"=???????
on my 2018 ROM and that works fine. I have it installing as a .cab at boot up. Although the wallpaper seems grainy and not near as good quality as with 2016 -. Anyone know why that might be?

Do you know how to place .cabs in a folder in the start menu? Check my post here, to see what I've tried.

Are you sure about this

"HomeBackgroundPath"

when I use
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"HomeBackgroundPath"="\\My Documents\\My Wallpapers\\wallpaper.jpg

not only will it not load at startup, but it wont even let me manualy select it!

are you using 2018 home, or just core?

Last edited by lionedas; 09-03-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:42 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionedas View Post
Are you sure about this

"HomeBackgroundPath"

are you using 2018 home, or just core?
My Hybrid as 2018 Home and Core.

Check THIS post. It shows what packages I have in my Hybrid and the wallpaper in the pic is the default at boot up set my the regedit I mentioned.

You sure the pic you're trying to set is not a .png and you're trying to set it as a .jpg or something simple like that?
Old 09-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
My Hybrid as 2018 Home and Core.

Check THIS post. It shows what packages I have in my Hybrid and the wallpaper in the pic is the default at boot up set my the regedit I mentioned.

You sure the pic you're trying to set is not a .png and you're trying to set it as a .jpg or something simple like that?

Well like an idiot, I updated some packages, and it started to work,
problem is I updated about 8 at one time.

So now I'm not sure which one is responsible, but the end result, wallpaper loaded like used to.

Thanks

By the way you said your background was not as clear, are you using BG4all ?

Last edited by lionedas; 09-03-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by william_fold View Post
I'll have to look it up

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development