PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 01:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
What is everyone using to disable HTC messaging? I've been using Zenyee and am wondering if there is anything better for a Sprint rom.

Another question. What controls the SMS message sent message. I was messing around with my kitchen, and suddenly that's back.

By the way: T-Wolf & Sharkie, Got the manila tabs working with the Sprint add-ons. Thanks for the help!
i dont include the htc messaging client in the roms i build.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
What is everyone using to disable HTC messaging? I've been using Zenyee and am wondering if there is anything better for a Sprint rom.

Another question. What controls the SMS message sent message. I was messing around with my kitchen, and suddenly that's back.

By the way: T-Wolf & Sharkie, Got the manila tabs working with the Sprint add-ons. Thanks for the help!
If you're cooking the ROM just don't include the HTC Messaging Client. That's all you need to do. Obviously you must include one of your own then.

As far as setting Co0kie Wallpaper to cook in. Assuming you have your pngs cooking in:

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"Co0kie.Wall.AllPortrait"="\\Windows\\NameOfYourPic.png"
"Co0kie.Wall.HomePortrait"="\\Windows\\NameOfYourPic.png"
"Co0kie.Wall.AllLandscape"="\\Windows\\NameOfYourPic.png"
"Co0kie.Wall.HomeLandscape"="\\Windows\\NameOfYourPic.png"
I can't remember off hand where the sms sent disablement is. I'm sure someone will chime in sometime soon with that answer.

Separate topic,

About Footprints...
What else is needed to get the Footprints Tab to work besides the EXT package. I've downloaded one from William_Fold's stash and Sense crashes any time I go to the Footprints tab. Everything else works fine. I've searched for info on it, but all the info. I find is old and I can't find anything on it crashing Sense. Help...

Last edited by Sharkie405; 07-15-2010 at 07:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
I'm working on a few things, including a new taskbar...

Be patient, grasshopper. All will be revealed...
The task bar will be similar to to, but different that my original GadgetROM TB. And, of course, the slider is going to change. Like I said, a bit of color...
I for one cant wait. Your Gadget Rom Taskbar is still my all time fav.
Thanks Gadget
Old 07-15-2010, 12:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

I just did the famous/infamous "flash Dance" and I noticed that the Stock Sprint ROM is WAAAY faster than my SYS23128-Manila2.5.2012.1324 ROM!?
Is this normal for you guys?
Am I really sacraficing that much speed by cooking a 6.5.x SYS?
What's the fastest SYS that you guys have been trying? 235xx?

(Maybe I'll try using a less mix'n'match custom video driver package too. I mixed a few Neo2007driver pack3 modules w/ chainfire's1.1)
Old 07-15-2010, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

216xx series seems everybit as quick as 235xx
Old 07-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
I just did the famous/infamous "flash Dance" and I noticed that the Stock Sprint ROM is WAAAY faster than my SYS23128-Manila2.5.2012.1324 ROM!?
Is this normal for you guys?
Am I really sacraficing that much speed by cooking a 6.5.x SYS?
What's the fastest SYS that you guys have been trying? 235xx?

(Maybe I'll try using a less mix'n'match custom video driver package too. I mixed a few Neo2007driver pack3 modules w/ chainfire's1.1)
21057 6.1 is the fastest Ive cooked. But how much speed are we talking about.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Personally, I still think 23563 reigns supreme in the 23xxx builds. Stability and speed.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

corey1138 is keeping up the good workcorey1138 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to corey1138 Send a message via Yahoo to corey1138

I noticed the VZW MR2 rom ran very fast initially but slowed down after a few days. I even had some SODs and random soft resets (probably something I installed or tweaked). I also like the 216** and 235** builds best an find them more stable. Speed is kind of relative to what your using. I choose to use sense 2.5 with cookie mod and weather animations, I dont mind the slowness some times and rather have the eye candy and be on the bleeding edge of all these mods. I also dont run allot in the background, usually only palringo.

ipaq2200 - ipaq4100 - ipaqhx2110(wm6.5) - dell axim v3 - motoQ - i760 - xv6800 PPCK 23081
Old 07-15-2010, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
21057 6.1 is the fastest Ive cooked. But how much speed are we talking about.
Oh, it's quite noticably different. I don't even have that complex a Co0kie HomeTab. Unfortunately, I can't see myself letting go of 6.5.x now that I've used it for while.
Time to start removing added processes: SPBPocketPlus's open/save file dialog, KBctrl, positionfix for RescoExplorer (I should run this through xTask anyway). All of these besides positionfix embed in shell32.exe or device.exe
We'll see if that helps
Old 07-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
Oh, it's quite noticably different. I don't even have that complex a Co0kie HomeTab. Unfortunately, I can't see myself letting go of 6.5.x now that I've used it for while.
Time to start removing added processes: SPBPocketPlus's open/save file dialog, KBctrl, positionfix for RescoExplorer (I should run this through xTask anyway). All of these besides positionfix embed in shell32.exe or device.exe
We'll see if that helps
What do you mean by SLOW.
Slow 1st boot?
Slow moving between apps?
web is slow?
video is slow?
bah bah bah?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development