PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
I believe I offered this yesterday, but the thread has changed quite a bit, so not sure - I have a pretty complete 23569 build (with both files & modules for BaseApps, MediaOS and OS, e.g.) if anybody wants it.
Go ahead and post it.. Im sure some people will use it.

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Old 05-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
I must have woken up toooooo early this morning ... forgot the link and I can't get the EXT to work at all! The cab works great, and here's the link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=677854

Hopefully I can get an EXT to work by the end of the day.
you know I think it's a problem with trying to get it to ext form. i am using an old file explorer extender cab that I added to my xda_uc folder and I have not had any of the freeze ups that came with adding the ext to my builds. this is the cab I'm using:
Attached Files
File Type: cab fexploreext.CAB (42.8 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:04 PM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
21655 is being uploaded. give it a few minutes before you start grabbin. I have left the sys to work with the husein dialer, but i also included the needed sys files to make it work with the older dialers. Just copy the extra sys package directly to your kitchen and overwrite.(if you want the caller-id to work on older version of dialer.) I have also uploaded a vga version for ashukins...so don't grab it by mistake.

Enjoy!
any chance on a 235xx update soon??? I tried and failed to sort my own 23569, nonbootable ROM.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
If only everyone was as easy to please... I agree, and i am building them for the new dialer, and i am adding the .dll's and exes to replace for them to be my old way. Its all copy paste bro! In each new sys will be a folder than can just be pasted directly into the SYS folder to overwrite what is needed for the old dialer!
so what is so good about this new dialer???
Old 05-11-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Cool. I can't explain why, but I like the 235xx COM5 builds, though maybe they're a little RAM-heavy.
i agree they are a little ram heavy, with no manilla and using mobile shell I have about 80mb on start up. but man is it fast. also set my page pool to 16 so that might have something to do with it as well.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:28 PM

ok, anyone wanna lend my a cool taskbar? I have tried a couple of custom ones as add ons and they don't work right.
cmylxgo says its because we use a different .dll but even when i cooked no taskbar into the ROM, i still can't get it to work right. doesn't make sense to me since he's sprint and so am I.

or if anyone wants to point me in the direction of how to edit .dll files, i might try to edit what is already in the kitchen.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=31
Old 05-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

bing was updated today with a beta. Adds voice navigation function. Worked splendidly for me. It was accurate...GPS lock was almost instantaneous. Much better than Telenav (Sprint's default navigation program.)

Attached are the cab and the EXT that I built using the kitchen tools. EXT has not been tested yet, so feedback would be much obliged!!

enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Bing.CAB (2.61 MB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar EXT Bing.rar (2.19 MB, 27 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:05 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
bing was updated today with a beta. Adds voice navigation function. Worked splendidly for me. It was accurate...GPS lock was almost instantaneous. Much better than Telenav (Sprint's default navigation program.)

Attached are the cab and the EXT that I built using the kitchen tools. EXT has not been tested yet, so feedback would be much obliged!!

enjoy!
Yea, the new Bing is wayyyy better than the old one. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried out the nav on my way home from work. GPS was accurate and fast, so were the directions.

dwizzy130

Old 05-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have to agree. I used the navigation on my way home from work as well. Only complaint is that the show traffic is a bit hard to see. Compared to Google Maps that is. The voice navigation doesn't give you constant reminders...which I found quite unobtrusive. Only speaks when required. Still a beta, but a HUGE step in the right direction.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just a heads up, a few weeks ago someone who shall remain unnamed uploaded a

-System - Dshow 2.0.2013.2921 package

I ran a few tests to gauge performance, and realized that this packages degrades video performance. This can be prominently seen in the htc made You-tube app.

Symptoms: are slow motion video playback with 'skips' every 3 seconds or so. while audio is fine, the skips let the video catch up then slow motion again.

I updated the Dshow package with
-System - DShow 2.0.2011.3730.00

This single package change, allowed video playback to be smooth like butter
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development