PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118553)

raiderfan247365 09-13-2010 12:53 PM

Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:

Originally Posted by hthomas (Post 1943233)
I dont know what my problem is... I can dump a Rom and make a working kitchen, But I cant convert exts to oems, sys to evk format... other than manully. I dont know what I am doing worng. Thanks I'll try again

im with you, prekitchen never sorts a SYS to make a bootable ROM for me in EVK. But i can import the same SYS into OSKitchen and cook nooo problem

TMartin 09-13-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderfan247365 (Post 1943339)
im with you, prekitchen never sorts a SYS to make a bootable ROM for me in EVK. But i can import the same SYS into OSKitchen and cook nooo problem

You two must be the only ones. Quick instructional. With what AndrewSh provides us you combine the 0409 and Common into one folder. Then you point PreKitchen at the new combined folder and click the box to sort into EVK format. After that you can delete the other dpi's that you don't need and make sure you delete the WINCENLS if you don't normally have it in your SYS.

If you don't get a bootable ROM I bet you leave the WINCENLS in the SYS and you have it in OEM too.

hthomas 09-13-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderfan247365 (Post 1943339)

Prekitchen worked this time.
I'm starting to like OSkitchen. With OSkitchen you can import raw sys or sys from EVK and maybe few others right into the kitchen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMartin (Post 1943352)
You two must be the only ones. Quick instructional. With what AndrewSh provides us you combine the 0409 and Common into one folder. Then you point PreKitchen at the new combined folder and click the box to sort into EVK format. After that you can delete the other dpi's that you don't need and make sure you delete the WINCENLS if you don't normally have it in your SYS.

If you don't get a bootable ROM I bet you leave the WINCENLS in the SYS and you have it in OEM too.

I'm always in the back of the class... Thanks it worked. Now if I could learn how to get TotalFire to convert files I'd be in great shape!!!

TMartin 09-13-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hthomas (Post 1943386)
Prekitchen worked this time.
I'm starting to like OSkitchen. With OSkitchen you can import raw sys or sys from EVK and maybe few others right into the kitchen.

I'm always in the back of the class... Thanks it worked. Now if I could learn how to get TotalFire to convert files I'd be in great shape!!!

Totalfire kind of sucks with modules tho. I don't really convert OEM to EXT but for EXT to OEM I use Packages Converter v1.1.1.0 by Javer

I only build with OSBuilder. Barin has made one of the best kitchens. The amount of control you have over everything is just insane.

Sharkie405 09-13-2010 02:10 PM

I'm gonna have to get into this OSBuilder kitchen next time I have have some free time. To hear you guys talk, it's the shite!

hthomas 09-13-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMartin (Post 1943401)
Totalfire kind of sucks with modules tho. I don't really convert OEM to EXT but for EXT to OEM I use Packages Converter v1.1.1.0 by Javer
I only build with OSBuilder. Barin has made one of the best kitchens. The amount of control you have over everything is just insane.

All I get when I try PackageConverter, is that it tells me "package does not contain files directory". That happens with all the packages I tried. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I've built a few roms with OSbuilders, They dont provission for me or if they do I have to soft reset to use internet over and over again. (Is Baby Indagroove a boy or girl?)

TMartin 09-13-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hthomas (Post 1943414)
All I get when I try PackageConverter, is that it tells me "package does not contain files directory". That happens with all the packages I tried. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I've built a few roms with OSbuilders, They dont provission for me or if they do I have to soft reset to use internet over and over again. (Is Baby Indagroove a boy or girl?)

You can't use it to convert OEM to EXT. It is made to convert EXT's with language folders into a flat OEM.

EDIT: I remember him telling me but I can't remember at the moment.

hthomas 09-13-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMartin (Post 1943427)
You can't use it to convert OEM to EXT. It is made to convert EXT's with language folders into a flat OEM.

I'm talking about when I try to convert dumped exts to flat Oem's, it tells me "package does not contain files directory". I cant get it to work. I cant get packages creator 5.4.exe to work either, nor total fire... What am I doing wrong???!!!

TMartin 09-13-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie405 (Post 1943403)
I'm gonna have to get into this OSBuilder kitchen next time I have have some free time. To hear you guys talk, it's the shite!

It is amazing!! Try Groove's version for the TP2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hthomas (Post 1943438)
I'm talking about when I try to convert dumped exts to flat Oem's, it tells me "package does not contain files directory". I cant get it to work. I cant get packages creator 5.4.exe to work either, nor total fire... What am I doing wrong???!!!

Are you pointing it at the EXT or a folder that contains EXT's?? It needs to be pointed a folder containing an EXT or multiple EXT's and you need to add a destination the converted OEM will go.

EDIT: You will want to replace 0404 or 0804 language folders with 0409 language folders before you convert. Replacing the language stuff afterward is a lot more difficult.

mwalt2 09-13-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hthomas (Post 1943438)

Yeah, like tmartin stated, you are pointing directly to the EXT. Put the EXT's you want to convert into a folder (I use "New Folder" :)), then point Packages Converter v1.1.1.0 by Javer to that. This is really the only converter that works that I have found. It puts the .rgu and .txt into unicode, which is needed for OSBuilder.

I recently made my own OSBuilder kitchen and am liking it as well. I still dump ROMs and make EXT's with OSKitchen though. airextreme has done a great job with parsing the initflashes.dat and making the correct app.dat and naming of the EXT. I then use Packages Converter on the EXT's made by OSKitchen. It's kind of backwards, but I get version names in the OEM instead of PACKAGE_ETC and no separate PACKAGE_ETC_0409 (since I only cook 0409). If OSBuilder can dump a ROM and make package named like Adobe PDF v2.5.1.0.404840.03, instead of PACKAGE_AdobePDF, I haven't figured out how to do it.

TMartin 09-13-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwalt2 (Post 1943460)
It's kind of backwards, but I get version names in the OEM instead of PACKAGE_ETC and no separate PACKAGE_ETC_0409 (since I only cook 0409).

I believe that has been implemented in the latest version. I'll dump a ROM and find out. It will still have the seperate lang OEM tho.

hthomas 09-13-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMartin (Post 1943449)
Are you pointing it at the EXT or a folder that contains EXT's?? It needs to be pointed a folder containing an EXT or multiple EXT's and you need to add a destination the converted OEM will go.
EDIT: You will want to replace 0404 or 0804 language folders with 0409 language folders before you convert. Replacing the language stuff afterward is a lot more difficult.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwalt2 (Post 1943460)
Yeah, like tmartin stated, you are pointing directly to the EXT. Put the EXT's you want to convert into a folder (I use "New Folder" :)), then point Packages Converter v1.1.1.0 by Javer to that. This is really the only converter that works that I have found. It puts the .rgu and .txt into unicode, which is needed for OSBuilder.

I recently made my own OSBuilder kitchen and am liking it as well. I still dump ROMs and make EXT's with OSKitchen though. airextreme has done a great job with parsing the initflashes.dat and making the correct app.dat and naming of the EXT. I then use Packages Converter on the EXT's made by OSKitchen. It's kind of backwards, but I get version names in the OEM instead of PACKAGE_ETC and no separate PACKAGE_ETC_0409 (since I only cook 0409). If OSBuilder can dump a ROM and make package named like Adobe PDF v2.5.1.0.404840.03, instead of PACKAGE_AdobePDF, I haven't figured out how to do it.

THANK YOU so much.... Thanks for leading me step by step. I just converted a entire folder of 60+ packages in about 3 seconds. That would have taken most of my spare time for the nite.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

PS Lawsuites Suck: Did Confliper Lockdown his site? When I log on now it ask for login info? Anybody know what is going on?

mwalt2 09-13-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hthomas (Post 1943495)
THANK YOU so much.... Thanks for leading me step by step. I just converted a entire folder of 60+ packages in about 3 seconds. That would have taken most of my spare time for the nite.

PS Lawsuites Suck: Did Confliper Lockdown his site? When I log on now it ask for login info? Anybody know what is going on?

It's not really 'locked down'. If you use firefox, it gives you the password/username. It's 'shipped' btw. Just guessing, but I imagine he did it so google doesn't index it and it may appear to be 'locked' to htc. If he didn't want people in it, he probably would have picked a hard password like 'icecream' :P.

TMartin 09-13-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hthomas (Post 1943495)

No, his site was being invaded by bots. Username/Password are both shipped

sc00b4s7eve 09-13-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMartin (Post 1943352)
[..]Quick instructional. With what AndrewSh provides us you combine the 0409 and Common into one folder. Then you point PreKitchen at the new combined folder and click the box to sort into EVK format. After that you can delete the other dpi's that you don't need and make sure you delete the WINCENLS if you don't normally have it in your SYS.[...]

Good call. Thats what I do.
Also, I normally go to the "dump processor" Tab and check "Clean (Pre-sort)".
(Just in case a random file wasn't removed from a module's folder)

rstoyguy 09-13-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie405 (Post 1942379)
Anyone seen rstoyguy lately? Is he MIA?

Anyone heard anything new on the HTC Twitter front?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hthomas (Post 1942410)
I PM'd him the other day. He said he is feeling better and hoped to by back in a couple of days.
He is very missed...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie405 (Post 1942419)
Good to know. :) Thanks!

I thought maybe he'd wandered off to Android land or something and forsaken us WM folks.

Yep, I can take your questions now... :)

Sharkie405 09-13-2010 11:15 PM

Welcome back friend! It's great to see you again. You have been missed. :)

krazydude 09-14-2010 02:42 AM

hi,
am a noob as far as cooking a rom is concerned.
just starting out and need your help please :-)
can any one point me where i can get /learn to make a ext of XDA_UC
i am currently using NEGAS kitchen and i would like to incorporate XDA_UC to my rom.
also any help on which folder i need to place the ext in would be great :-)
thanks for your help.
cheers
Krazy
EDIT : ok got m y answer for which folder it goes to..however would yet appreciate a ext of the latest version

krazydude 09-14-2010 03:00 AM

also i use the phone in india
so i dont need provisioning as i use the GSM network only.
which file (n from which folder) should i delete to get rid of provisioning?
i am assuming it will be a common file right? i am currently flashing my rom with "All carrier"
thanks

hthomas 09-14-2010 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
28238 for EVK TP2 - Leo
[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][URL="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NTEVOL2J"][

Quote:

Check Out ALEX's SYS BUILD LINK's Thanks to Alex and MobileUnderground.info (you cant see it with IE - use fox fire or another browser
Quote:

Originally Posted by krazydude (Post 1944070)
hi,
am a noob as far as cooking a rom is concerned.
just starting out and need your help please :

A link to the XDA_UC thread.
XDA_UC_NET-portable customization, Sense GUI. En|Ru|Ar|Nl (0.9.2.1)
[UC]XDA_UC V2.RC1, Automated & Silent User & Cook, Configuration Service[14/05/10]
Here is the EXT I use. I dont remember where I got it and have had it for a while, so it may not be the most recent.

I think the Nega kitchen thread could be a better source for answers about how to use that kitchen.

shane6374 09-14-2010 02:06 PM

Might have bricked my TP2. :sad:

TMartin 09-14-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane6374 (Post 1944427)

What happened??

lionedas 09-14-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane6374 (Post 1944427)

use the unlocker.

shane6374 09-14-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMartin (Post 1944444)
What happened??

I was dissecting a few kitchen I have trying to make a new one, and now it won't get past the boot screen. It also was the 1st time I had flashed using mode29.

hthomas 09-14-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane6374 (Post 1944571)
I was dissecting a few kitchen I have trying to make a new one, and now it won't get past the boot screen. It also was the 1st time I had flashed using mode29.

Yeah that is a real learning curve...
You Should be able to put the phone into bootloader and reflash to a working rom.

Edit did you put the phone in bootloaders mode after the X-29. (Press the Volume down button and then the Power on button holding both buttons until the tri-color screen pops up.)

shane6374 09-14-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hthomas (Post 1944586)
Yeah that is a real learning curve...
You Should be able to put the phone into bootloader and reflash to a working rom.

Edit did you put the phone in bootloaders mode after the X-29. (Press the Volume down button and then the Power on button holding both buttons until the tri-color screen pops up.)

I got it going again. Ran the unlocker and flashed back to my last released rom. I was trying to merge my sys, rom, and ext folders into your kitchen to do some experimenting. My oem folder is completely messed up for building anything besides a sprint rom. I wanted to try a different kitchen before I dumped a bunch of stock roms.

hthomas 09-14-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane6374 (Post 1944571)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane6374 (Post 1944661)
I got it going again. Ran the unlocker and flashed back to my last released rom. I was trying to merge my sys, rom, and ext folders into your kitchen to do some experimenting. My oem folder is completely messed up for building anything besides a sprint rom. I wanted to try a different kitchen before I dumped a bunch of stock roms.

What kind of kitchen are you tring to merge. You shoulds be able to delete my exts and use your own. Go slow, do one thing at a time. Get the exts working then move your sys ect. I dont know why, but it works better when you change one area at a time.

corey1138 09-14-2010 11:03 PM

Been running manila 2013 for a long time now with no issues until recently. When i install a cab for a manila mod (like the mail mod here ) i restart manila, the mod works fine, but when i soft reset manila wont start... then i have to hard reset. cant delete the tab control file or manilafull file cause they are in rom... any ideas?

shane6374 09-15-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hthomas (Post 1944816)
What kind of kitchen are you tring to merge. You shoulds be able to delete my exts and use your own. Go slow, do one thing at a time. Get the exts working then move your sys ect. I dont know why, but it works better when you change one area at a time.

I was working with yours and my EVK Sprint dump kitchen I've been using for the past couple of months. I think I figured out why I was getting bad flashes. Still not getting good roms yet, but we all know the drill.

Edit: Got a good flash, now time to play.

shane6374 09-15-2010 01:12 AM

Hthomas, I really like what you've done with your kitchen. I wish I would have thought of setting mine up like this. It would have saved me tons of unneeded work!

hthomas 09-15-2010 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane6374 (Post 1945036)
Hthomas, I really like what you've done with your kitchen. I wish I would have thought of setting mine up like this. It would have saved me tons of unneeded work!

What way is that?

sc00b4s7eve 09-15-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hthomas (Post 1945048)
What way is that?

I'm guessing it's the way you used actual folders and not JUST naming strategies for the EXTs.
I gotta give you madd props for the lesson too. My EXT-Shared folder is so muh more organized now.

TMartin 09-15-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve (Post 1945244)
I'm guessing it's the way you used actual folders and not JUST naming strategies for the EXTs.
I gotta give you madd props for the lesson too. My EXT-Shared folder is so muh more organized now.

Old news lol....I've been doing that since I released the updated Sense 2.1 & Sense 2.5 Calkulin's TP Kitchen.

pavanmaverick 09-15-2010 11:43 AM

Has anyone come across this issue before?

When I click on Settings>Personal>Phone, I cannot get anything to come up. The wait cursor spins for a few seconds, and then nada!

Same thing with Settings>System>Text Messaging. Any help would be much appreciated.

All other settings seem to be working fine.

TMartin 09-15-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavanmaverick (Post 1945360)
Has anyone come across this issue before?

When I click on Settings>Personal>Phone, I cannot get anything to come up. The wait cursor spins for a few seconds, and then nada!

Same thing with Settings>System>Text Messaging. Any help would be much appreciated.

All other settings seem to be working fine.

Are you including Phone Settings & SMS Inbox Threading??

hthomas 09-15-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve (Post 1945244)

Yeah Kudos go to TMartin and ai6908, they shared the idea, even then it still took a while to figure out.
I also use the same type set-up in the OSkitchen...

shane6374 09-15-2010 01:00 PM

Some of the things that I kept moving from sys to sys you have in your oem folder. Simple easy things that I didn't think of, but you did. Thanks for the help!

TMartin 09-15-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hthomas (Post 1945420)
Yeah Kudos go to TMartin and ai6908, they shared the idea, even then it still took a while to figure out.
I also use the same type set-up in the OSkitchen...

OSBuilder for life!!!! I don't have to even mess with putting things in folders. I can sort it into groups in the kitchen itself!!!

hthomas 09-15-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMartin (Post 1945481)
OSBuilder for life!!!! I don't have to even mess with putting things in folders. I can sort it into groups in the kitchen itself!!!

You guys are really sold on that kitchen. Has any one written a tutorial for it? I did read the first manual and was lost. I managed to cook a bootable rom, but I it would not provision(ckicket). My Cricket carrier OEM did not work in the kitchen. Cricket cabs after flash would not stick. I worked at it a few days, then just went back to the EVK.
Maybe I try it again...

TMartin 09-15-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hthomas (Post 1945561)
You guys are really sold on that kitchen. Has any one written a tutorial for it? I did read the first manual and was lost. I managed to cook a bootable rom, but I it would not provision(ckicket). My Cricket carrier OEM did not work in the kitchen. Cricket cabs after flash would not stick. I worked at it a few days, then just went back to the EVK.
Maybe I try it again...

Well its a kitchen more so for advanced users mostly because you have the ability to control the order things get built, preview the registry including provxml's, etc. I would start by downloading Groove's TP2 version and just check it out. Looks of nice tools built in ie dump tool, reg editor, dsm editor, package.sof editor (sets build order), etc.