PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||7-1-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-2-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo381 View Post
Well, my issue with my phone wiping itself clean turned out not to be your ROM. I tried other ROMs and it did the same thing. I corrupted some core files on my system some how. I hadnt had a chance to run Task29 because it wasnt working for me untill I tried it from my SD card, which it then ran fine and cleaned out my phone.

Im still testing my phone to see if it does it again after running Task29 twice before flashing another ROM.

Worse comes to worse I'll relock my phone and get the stock ROM on it and go from there.

Thanks Lead, your ROMs still rock.
you can always do a hard reset and start from scratch!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||7-1-10|-|6.5.X BETA||7-2-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrier*

only thing "wrong" I have is that there's a memory leak- having said that...after using WM for so long, I'm used to it.

Great rom lead!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

jizzon is a n00b

Been using your 6.5 ROM since the 6.9.10 version and have seen an improvement in each build. There's still a memory leak like the previous poster said but it's much improved over the previous builds. Never had the SOD and reset issues that others were talking about. BTW I'm running the 7.2.10 Lite multi-carrier build and I'm on the Sprint network.

To anyone who wants a nice, fast, clean TP2 rom with a pretty stock looking setup with no custom logos on startup and no custom backgrounds and no added gadgets or such in the today screen, give this rom a shot!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks to Mr. X, I know now what caused the SOD problem. A lot of it has to do with the older unlocked HSPL and the newer kernal not liking each other, but there is a work-around which I have already included in the test beta I released a few posts back. I haven't gotten any replies from that, but now that I'm sure that IS the fix, I will be releasing that as the bug-fix release. I have also worked on the following for this release:

Code:
-Better memory management (less leaks?)
-Some more fixes to the HTC Black theme
-An even smoother Sense experience (No, not just because it's CFC'd, I did my own work.)
-Newer drivers that help possible random soft-reset issues.
Any other problems or requests that you guys have been having, please mention before I release. I recommend trying out the test release, since it includes some of the fixes.

Last edited by leadpoizon; 07-08-2010 at 03:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff

Well unfortunately, you made the 6.5.X rom so fast and stable that I'm having a hard time convincing myself to go back to 6.5 . The only issue with 6.5.X is that if you install any custom taskbar, the htc task manager becomes useless again (can't open quickmenu on the taskbar anymore).
Old 07-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

darn, just when I said nothing's wrong...I can't boot past the bootscreen for some reason outta nowhere- gonna reflash
Old 07-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

kcrusty is a n00b

just upgrade from 6.9.10 to 7.1.10 (sprint version)

I've found out that I can't add contact to favorite tab. Does anyone experiencing the same issue?

Last edited by kcrusty; 07-06-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpoizon View Post
Thanks to Mr. X, I know now what caused the SOD problem. A lot of it has to do with the older unlocked HSPL and the newer kernal not liking each other, but there is a work-around which I have already included in the test beta I released a few posts back. I haven't gotten any replies from that, but now that I'm sure that IS the fix, I will be releasing that as the bug-fix release. I have also worked on the following for this release:

Code:
-Better memory management (less leaks?)
-Some more fixes to the HTC Black theme
-An even smoother Sense experience (No, not just because it's CFC'd, I did my own work.)
-Newer drivers that help possible random soft-reset issues.
Any other problems or requests that you guys have been have, please mention before I release. I recommend trying out the test release, since it includes some of the fixes.
This isn't a 6.5.5 ROM is it? I would've flashed it, but I wasn't sure and I had your latest 6.5.5 rom set up the way I wanted.... No SOD yet (just that one hard reset from a soft reset).
Old 07-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ryanfreeman91 is a n00b

You wouldn't happen to be able to throw together a CAB that restores the autolock that you had in earlier ROMs would you? I just downloaded my first ROM from you two days ago and I love it (: and then when I saw that your earlier ROM's autolocked I wanted that too :P
Old 07-06-2010, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work

Here are a few cab's I installed:

1. Auto Lock
2. Wifi Toggle
3. BT Toggle
History of Phones: Sanyo 5500, Samsung VGA 1000, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8300, Samsung 970, Samsung 920, Samsung 880, Samsung Blade, Palm 700p, Palm 755p, Palm 800w, HTC Diamond, Palm Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, finally a Palm Pre!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development