PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 09:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||6-17-10|-|6.5.X BETA||6-13-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrie

So does MMS for sprint work in the latest 6.17.10 multi-carrier release?? Is there a carrier cab we need to install or are we prompted on the first boot or is there a provisioning program in the settings somewhere like i've seen on other ROMS??
Old 06-17-2010, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||6-17-10|-|6.5.X BETA||6-13-10| [Sprint] [*Multi-Carrier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
Hey Lead - just curious if you were able to reproduce the inability to reply in e-mail I ran into or whether that was just my flash.
I didn't test it personally, but I decided to upgrade or change the builds, and THEN tested it. So, it isn't a problem in the newer release, which will come soon.

I needed some advice from the peeps who have been using the 6.5.x Beta: It seems that all the beta builds that HTC is using are 6.5.3, and 6.5.5 seems to be fading out more and more from the leaks. Should I drop to 6.5.3 with threaded mail and office 2010 still included? It makes the new lockscreen work properly, and maybe other new stuff too. What I don't like is the bold font, even though it looks nicer in the soft-key buttons. What do the masses have to say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
So does MMS for sprint work in the latest 6.17.10 multi-carrier release?? Is there a carrier cab we need to install or are we prompted on the first boot or is there a provisioning program in the settings somewhere like i've seen on other ROMS??
Yes, on first boot, there is a provisioning app that pops up. You install the cab for the carrier, which includes the mms settings. Arcsoft is built-in, so the ROM is mms-ready out of the box. You can also access the provisioning app from the start menu in the tools folder, if you need to later.

Last edited by leadpoizon; 06-18-2010 at 12:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:09 AM
VIP Status!!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Lilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Lilhgarcia
Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||6-17-10|-|6.5.X BETA||6-13-10| [Sprint] [*Multi-Carrier*

I dont get it, this rom was working fine but after I hard reset for some reason I can't remember it completely messed up

I can't type onscreen keyboard and hardware keyboard, all the keys don't work I can't exit the start menu or re open an application more then once the lock doesn't work and more

I been trying to figure this out since 3 PM .. I did a task29 nothing
Task 29 - reflash nothing, relocked it unlocked it flash back to stock rom task29 again and reflash still same problem i am going to try the previous ROM or another to see if I still get this problem

Edit - No problem on the 6-09 ROM It's wierd 1st it was working great then after the hard reset idk .. I even downloaded the file again just to be safe

M300 - Rumor2 - Treo 750 - Treo 755p - Centro - Blackberry Pearl - Mogul - Touch - iPhone - Diamond - Touch Pro
Don't Forget To Click

Last edited by Lilhgarcia; 06-18-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to machineking369

Hey lead i just tried out your newest rom (Multicarrier 6-17-10), i was very excited only to learn the bugs were tremendous that I've noticed biggest one was no hardware buttons would work. I really hope there's a new dedicated sprint version coming soon as i've found no problems with that rom expt the music album art update but i found a fix for that (if anyone has a problem with that load opera and then update the album art and it should work). anyway thanks again for all your work.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Lead - I don't really have a preference on 6.5.5 vs 6.5.3. I do like the threaded e-mail. Bold font is OK. What build of 6.5.3 are you looking at?
Old 06-18-2010, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineking369 View Post
Hey lead i just tried out your newest rom (Multicarrier 6-17-10), i was very excited only to learn the bugs were tremendous that I've noticed biggest one was no hardware buttons would work. I really hope there's a new dedicated sprint version coming soon as i've found no problems with that rom expt the music album art update but i found a fix for that (if anyone has a problem with that load opera and then update the album art and it should work). anyway thanks again for all your work.
Really sorry you had this experience. I realized the issue was the new resource proxy. I have fixed the issue and have been running the rom since last night. I'll test it until tonight and then release the maintenance release. I'm getting some really good memory management on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
Lead - I don't really have a preference on 6.5.5 vs 6.5.3. I do like the threaded e-mail. Bold font is OK. What build of 6.5.3 are you looking at?
23114 and 23115. I tested those yesterday, but I'll go back after I'm sure that the 6.5 release is in perfect order. Everything was smooth, email working completely fine. sense was smooth, almost no issues, as far as I tested.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to machineking369

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpoizon View Post
Really sorry you had this experience. I realized the issue was the new resource proxy. I have fixed the issue and have been running the rom since last night. I'll test it until tonight and then release the maintenance release. I'm getting some really good memory management on this one.

23114 and 23115. I tested those yesterday, but I'll go back after I'm sure that the 6.5 release is in perfect order. Everything was smooth, email working completely fine. sense was smooth, almost no issues, as far as I tested.
ok thanks for all your support lead.. also one last question will the lock screen be fixed too because when i would hit lock it wouldn't lock at all.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineking369 View Post
ok thanks for all your support lead.. also one last question will the lock screen be fixed too because when i would hit lock it wouldn't lock at all.
Yup, that was actually what would cause the issue. You hit lock and everything gets screwed up. Then, even a softreset doesn't fix it. But it's now fixed. Wanna be sure, so I'll be testing it until a later in the evening (EST).

Last edited by leadpoizon; 06-18-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Lead - if you need some to beta test another
6.5.x release, just PM me.

Last edited by CoryNat; 06-18-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:58 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: |ROM|~|[LEAD ROM]|~|6.5||6-19-10|-|6.5.X BETA||6-13-10| [Sprint] [*Multi-Carrier*

The bug-fix release out! Sorry for the fail release on 06-17-10. Update to this one even if you're not having problems yet!

Last edited by leadpoizon; 06-19-2010 at 10:02 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development