PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mizzourob is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|~[LEAD ROM]~|6.5||03-20-11|-|6.5.X BETA||11-10-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpoizon View Post
Update on the latest beta-to-come:

- Charging issues fixed (hopefully)
- Dialer shows caller state
- Changed memory management method
- Screen accuracy fixes
- Small fixes to Sense
- Other stuff as I remember it

Now would be a good time to report any issues with the current ROM.
I never had any charging issues with the last stable rom, but with the beta I'm getting a popup warning every morning saying "The charging current is not enough for device power consumption. Please shut down unused applications or switch to AC power."
Old 05-17-2011, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: |ROM|~[LEAD ROM]~|6.5||03-20-11|-|6.5.X BETA||11-10-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourob View Post
I never had any charging issues with the last stable rom, but with the beta I'm getting a popup warning every morning saying "The charging current is not enough for device power consumption. Please shut down unused applications or switch to AC power."
You get this on the Stock ROM as well if you don't have consistent voltage output coming out of your computer. This happens on some computers when the selective USB option is on. The PC lowers the power output to the usb port and that makes it do that. I received no feedback from the people that reported this problem initially, so I will be reverting back to the original settings and this pop-up should go away in the beta I (hopefully) release today.

Last edited by leadpoizon; 05-17-2011 at 12:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
You get this on the Stock ROM as well if you don't have consistent voltage output coming out of your computer. This happens on some computers when the selective USB option is on. The PC lowers the power output to the usb port and that makes it do that. I received no feedback from the people that reported this problem initially, so I will be reverting back to the original settings and this pop-up should go away in the beta I (hopefully) release today.
Thanks for the follow up; your last stable rom never gave me this issue so I was surprised this showed when I flashed it.

You also should warn folks about flashing new roms to back up their HTC Peep settings if they want to preserve the ability to still use that. See these two XDA posts One Two
Old 05-17-2011, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Here the latest beta: LEAD ROM 05.17.11 MULTI LITE BETA.exe
password: leadpoizon

There were a bunch of things that were changed in this beta; however, the main focus is memory consumption. I've tried to tackle the memory leak issue in this one, so testing is needed from you folks. A few other things, like the messaging app now has character count moved under send button and time stamps now show for older texts.

IF YOU HAVE TWITTER (HTC PEEP) WORKING ON YOUR CURRENT FLASH, BACK UP ALL YOUR SETTINGS FOLLOWING "these two XDA posts One Two" THIS IS A CHANGE BY TWITTER AND UNRELATED TO THE ROM OR THE HTC SECURITY PATCH. TWITTER WILL NOT WORK ANYMORE ON A NEWLY FLASHED ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourob View Post
Thanks for the follow up; your last stable rom never gave me this issue so I was surprised this showed when I flashed it.

You also should warn folks about flashing new roms to back up their HTC Peep settings if they want to preserve the ability to still use that. See these two XDA posts One Two
Yeah, I knew about that issue, tough I found out after I released the beta, so I couldn't warn folks in time. I'll put a post up and a link to this in the first thread when I release the rom. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by leadpoizon; 05-17-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hello Lead,

First of all...Thank you for creating great roms.
Second-Is there a way to add wifi-router to the next release?

Thank you!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:22 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Hello Lead,

First of all...Thank you for creating great roms.
Second-Is there a way to add wifi-router to the next release?

Thank you!
look in comm manager
Old 05-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
look in comm manager
Got it!

Thank you!
Old 05-20-2011, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

22stars is just getting started

Quote:
Here the latest beta: LEAD ROM 05.17.11 MULTI LITE BETA.exe
password: leadpoizon

There were a bunch of things that were changed in this beta; however, the main focus is memory consumption. I've tried to tackle the memory leak issue in this one, so testing is needed from you folks. A few other things, like the messaging app now has character count moved under send button and time stamps now show for older texts.
first off, i just have to say thank you leadpoizon, when you say "makes your phone work like it should" you were dead on, i can't thank you enough for this.

for the past few months i was running SPB mobile shell and was directed to your senseless rom beta, which worked flawlessly by the way, then i found my way over here and tried out your lite multicarrier release and fell in love with it, this rom is amazing, you have done great work, AND made me love using sense 2.5 again.

as of 5 minutes ago i loaded up this new beta (5.17.11), i'll test it fully as i'm a pretty heavy user and get back to you with any issues i have, though so far the memory consumption looks amazing, i boot @ 42% with 108 MB free and before when i was opening everything up, loading all my cabs, and even logging in to all my favorite sites with Opera 10 it still didn't go over 55%. i'll abuse it over the weekend and get back to you.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

22stars is just getting started

well, the 5.17.11 beta has been running exceptionally smoothly over the weekend - the only time i ran into any issue was when i got a couple of SODs while leaving it in WIFI on Saturday night, though i am convinced that had to do with overclocking and not the rom itself.

i ran without having to soft reset until last night when my ram consumption got up to about 82% after running cleanRAM and cleartemp.

i have no problems with a soft reset here and there so that isn't a big deal to me, though the battery consumption is pretty severe. other than that i love it. thanks again leadpoizon, if there's anything else you need from me - like a list of cabs or anything just let me know.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Lead, I was testing the 5/17 rom since the 18th, but I kepts getting multiple sleep death problems forcing me to pull out the battery and restart about every 30 minutes when I was using the phone. The SOD appeared after text messaging, using the interenet, and after locking the phone so I could not nail down any sequence of events that was causing the issue. Otherwise it was working great with low RAM consumption. I'm now back on the 3/20 lite rom which has always worked well for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development