PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ⚠BigCo0kie COLOR 21901/23563 ROM⚠ ☼Very FAST/XDA_UC/Custom Icons☼

Hands down this rom is SICK!!!! Nuff said...BTW Lebron is coming to NYC!!
Old 05-14-2010, 07:34 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ⚠BigCo0kie COLOR 21901/23563 ROM⚠ ☼Very FAST/XDA_UC/Custom Icons☼

ALL BigCo0kie Color ROMs are Up!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks Big!! I expected it to take a week or two to get around to the 6.5, 21901 color version, so in the mean time, I decided to try MightyROM Special Edition yesterday until yours dropped. It is running nicely, but he kind of goes very light on color and graphic design. I thought I would have it on my phone for at least a week, but now it appears that I will be reflashing much sooner than I expected. During the time I was trying your color 23563 it was obvious to me that you do REALLY good work, and many of the programs I end up installing were already included. Hopefully most of those are still in the color 21901 version Thanks again. Downloading now . . .
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMcQ View Post
Thanks Big!! I expected it to take a week or two to get around to the 6.5, 21901 color version, so in the mean time, I decided to try MightyROM Special Edition yesterday until yours dropped. It is running nicely, but he kind of goes very light on color and graphic design. I thought I would have it on my phone for at least a week, but now it appears that I will be reflashing much sooner than I expected. During the time I was trying your color 23563 it was obvious to me that you do REALLY good work, and many of the programs I end up installing were already included. Hopefully most of those are still in the color 21901 version Thanks again. Downloading now . . .
thanks for the kind words... IMO the 21901 is a bit faster than the 23563, but i have gotten so used to the new setup that i will probably never go back.....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
thanks for the kind words... IMO the 21901 is a bit faster than the 23563, but i have gotten so used to the new setup that i will probably never go back.....
Actually, when the 6.5.x versions first started coming out, it was my belief that eventually this would be the base ROM for all future release for everyone. So, I flashed it, and used it for about 6 weeks and got very familiar with it.
Then one day, I decided to go back to the 6.5 just for old time's sake, and it was like coming home to an old friend. Ever since coming back, it has always felt very cumbersome, at least to me, to have the start on the bottom left, where it should have been all along considering this is where Microsoft puts it on all versions of Windows. Anyway, I do thank you and all the other fine ROM chef's for keeping the "old" technology available to us "old" fogies.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:00 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ⚠BigCo0kie B/W & COLOR 21901/23563 ROM⚠☼Very FAST/XDA_UC/Custom Ic

What's up Gary....let me (us) know how this works out for you. Lookin really good bignadad, i'm may have to give this a try.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

finman76 is becoming a great contributor

Ditto 1 and 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
tried out the 23563 on Sprint. Very nice work!

Here's a couple things i noticed:

1. Every time I use Opera it gives me an error about running out of memory.

2. when i go to SMS tab, Menu > New and then start typing a contact in the hard keyboard i no longer get name suggestions popping up. if i start to type a name and then press backspace once, the list of contacts then pops up.

3. sometimes when i go to my contacts, pick one, and then click on "send message" the screen freezes and i have to go back to the home screen. doesn't happen often though.

4. why not have auto-lock on by default? is there anybody that wouldn't want their phone to go to the lock screen on standby?

5. when setting up a new email account, the font used inside the textboxes is too big. many of the letters get cut off. not a bug, but more of an aesthetic issue.

keep up the good work big!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Outstanding ROM

Big you have certainly out done yourself. I am loving the color VZW Big Cookie ROM. The only thing I have found thus far that did not work out the box was Visual Voice Mail and the fix for that I listed below in case anyone else gets the No Network exist error when you try to login to the service. The fix below did not cause any negative effects to any of my other services. There may be another fix but this is the only one that I know of that works every time. Thanks again Big for all that you do, great ROM

Viusual Voice Mail Fix That Works For Me
1. go to (settings), (connections), (connections)
2. click the (advanced) tab
3. then click (select networks)
4. click the down arrow on the (connect to the internet should connect
using) and select (My ISP)then click ok.
5. click the (Tasks) tab and click (Add a new modem connection) under
(My ISP)
6. select (New), enter whatever name you want to call it
7. click next number to dial is (#777)
8. don't type any user info or password
9. just hit finish. when it tries to connect it will ask for user and pass info
all you want to do is check (Save password) then hit ok. Now start
VVM and it will work
Old 05-14-2010, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 powered by PLUTONIUM
Carrier: Sprint - SERO baby

krautdog is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

my first glitch on the 6.5.x rom...trying to send a text to a contact on the manila contacts tab brings me to the list of contacts page, and the search/name entry box won't take the cursor. so I have been using "new" from the manila messaging tab. thats it so far.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

jrgthird is just getting started
Smile Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ⚠BigCo0kie B/W & COLOR 21901/23563 ROM⚠☼Very FAST/XDA_UC/Custom Ic

I very seldom post but I must say, this is a fabulous ROM. Thanks for all the hard work. This really keeps my VZW phone exciting, functional, and current. You ROCK!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development