PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What version of Manila do you like to see in next release?
Co0kie Home Tab (CHT) 14 66.67%
GTX Manila 3 14.29%
Just BLK is well and good, I will modify it by myself! 7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |WWE|BharS|23568|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5|GENERIC|BLK& GTX|XDA_UC|30MAY|V12|CHT|BLK|FASTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
CHT editor is included in ROM. It is available under utilities, from StartMenu. For some reason, CHT from Manila menu does not work!
I didn't notice it was included so i downloaded the latest version and it does work from the menu. Hope this helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908
Re: |WWE|BharS|23568|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5|GENERIC|BLK& GTX|XDA_UC|30MAY|V12|CHT|BLK|FASTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
I didn't notice it was included so i downloaded the latest version and it does work from the menu. Hope this helps!
Thanks....back to testing to see what went wrong on this...
Old 06-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ai,
the roms running great! the only thing that has been bugging me is the camera. It freaks out if you slide the keyboard open, also unlilke some older camera packages I can't take a picture with the the enter button, this means I can't map it to a volume key. I tried Scilors any volume key app thing but it doesn't work well on my phone. Any idea how I could map the camera button press to the volume key again?

One other thing I love the action screen as I always had to install a good one myself with other roms, but I didn't like the overlayed actions as in 'new note' or whatever. I removed the names from the registry and it looks much cleaner. Here is a regedit to remove the doubled up names of the actions if anyone else wants it.
Attached Files
File Type: reg ActionScreen.reg (9.3 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:54 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
ai,
the roms running great! the only thing that has been bugging me is the camera. It freaks out if you slide the keyboard open, also unlilke some older camera packages I can't take a picture with the the enter button, this means I can't map it to a volume key. I tried Scilors any volume key app thing but it doesn't work well on my phone. Any idea how I could map the camera button press to the volume key again?

One other thing I love the action screen as I always had to install a good one myself with other roms, but I didn't like the overlayed actions as in 'new note' or whatever. I removed the names from the registry and it looks much cleaner. Here is a regedit to remove the doubled up names of the actions if anyone else wants it.
I dont know if you have tried keyboard map thing from XDA or not, maybe you can give that a shot and see if you can pic with enter.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554240

I can sure implement the actionscreen reg. I see that as redundant as well..
Old 06-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I dont know if you have tried keyboard map thing from XDA or not, maybe you can give that a shot and see if you can pic with enter.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554240

I can sure implement the actionscreen reg. I see that as redundant as well..
Hey Ai,
Keyboard config didn't work because the newer camera package you use does not allow you to take a pic using the enter button on the physical keyboard. I've been playing around all weekend trying to figure it out. I remember reading a thread a while ago about a guy having the same issue. He ended up flashing to a different rom, copying the camera.exe, camera.exe.0409.mui and a few other files and got it working. I did the same thing except i just took the files i needed from an older kitchen. I am now able to map the any key I want to take a picture using keyboard config! By the way V12 is awesome

Major

BTW the camera package that worked for me was Camera_6_17_35076_0.

Last edited by majorassface; 06-06-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
BTW the camera package that worked for me was Camera_6_17_35076_0.
I think thats the camera version from old VZW ROM if I remember correct...let me see if I can get in cab version. I am really not sure whats the difference between the new and the old camera pkg.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I think thats the camera version from old VZW ROM if I remember correct...let me see if I can get in cab version. I am really not sure whats the difference between the new and the old camera pkg.
I haven't noticed any difference in the app or in performance, I just replaced camera.exe, camera.exe.0409.mui, CameraRc.dll, CameraRC_Launch.dll and HTCCameraUtiliy.dll

I shouldn't take credit though, I read about it in some other post but I spent half an hour trying to find it again and couldn't. i gave up and just tried a few things on my own. This works, and now I map camera.exe to long press volup and enter to long press voldwn using rhodium keyboard config, works great to launch the camera quickly and take a pic. Thanks for the great support! Looking forward to a v13, have you looked at 2013 yet?

I might look at the facebook menu thing next if the gf quits nagging unless someone else found a solution!?

Thanks
Major

EDIT:Not sure if you've noticed yet but cookie just dropped 1.8!!!!

Last edited by majorassface; 06-06-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Looking forward to a v13, have you looked at 2013 yet?

I might look at the facebook menu thing next if the gf quits nagging unless someone else found a solution!?

Thanks
Major

EDIT:Not sure if you've noticed yet but cookie just dropped 1.8!!!!
V12 is M2.5.2013. I still havent figured out why FB tab menu dont work! I asked meltwater to see if he has any tips, and he did suggest some, but it didnt work!

Anyhow, here is the older camera pkg. Attached to his post...

Yes I just saw the new CHT version...installing it, and testing it...V13 should be ready soon...
Attached Files
File Type: cab BharS Camera_6_17_34374_0.cab (1.65 MB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-07-2010, 04:24 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i just installed CHT 1.8 and CHT Editor 1.8 on V12 and i noticed a rather large start up memory loss.but my device still ran great and was just about as fast as it was before with the CHT 1.7 cooked in but i decided that i liked CHT 1.8 enough to just deal with the slight loss of speed and memory but i still wanted to delete manillafull.xml and then see if i could then rearrange my screen tabs,because i havent been able to rearrange my home screen tabs since i was using the BLK V-series roms.i havent been able to rearrange any of the tabs on any of the CHT-series roms.and even after i deleted manillafull.xml i still couldnt rearrange any of the tabs but i did notice that my memory after a fresh start was increased quite a bit.easily back to where it was when CHT 1.7 was on the rom and maybe even then some.but i still do notice a very slight amount of lag,or speed loss when clicking on the tabs,but the lower slider hasnt slowed at all.the bottom tab slider is just as fast as it was before.very responsive.And i do like CHT 1.8 quite a bit more than CHT 1.7. CHT 1.8 has a few more real nice options avalable that CHT 1.7 doesnt have. I cant wait for a new release that has CHT 1.8 cooked in.I think that once CHT 1.8 is cooked into the rom it will get rid of the slight amount of lag or speed loss that it has when i simply just installed CHT 1.8 over CHT 1.7 with the CHT 1.8 cab and the CHT 1.8 Editor cab.but dont get me wrong even with CHT 1.8 installed via cab V12 handles everything just fine and is still very fast.also the CHT Editor works from the home screen now without having to use the bhars CHT Editor fix cab which has made the CHT Editor work for me from the home screen everytime.Still the best rom available even with all of the Maxsense roms available now.Bhars rom with CHT is still by far the best looking,cleanest,neatest,most customizable,and user friendly roms out there.I think its going to be pretty hard to beat.Ive tried pretty much every rom for the CDMA TP2 and Bhars roms are my favorite and have been since the beta release. I just wish the ##codes# functioned again.Everything else is as close to perfect as WM 6.5.X and Sense-anything can get.Great roms.Thanks alot for sharing them.especially us who flash every update.because they seem to just keep gettn better with every update.

Last edited by lbcary; 06-07-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:04 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
i just installed CHT 1.8 and CHT Editor 1.8 on V12 and i noticed a rather large start up memory loss.but my device still ran great and was just about as fast as it was before with the CHT 1.7 cooked in but i decided that i liked CHT 1.8 enough to just deal with the slight loss of speed and memory but i still wanted to delete manillafull.xml and then see if i could then rearrange my screen tabs,because i havent been able to rearrange my home screen tabs since i was using the BLK V-series roms.i havent been able to rearrange any of the tabs on any of the CHT-series roms.and even after i deleted manillafull.xml i still couldnt rearrange any of the tabs but i did notice that my memory after a fresh start was increased quite a bit.easily back to where it was when CHT 1.7 was on the rom and maybe even then some.but i still do notice a very slight amount of lag,or speed loss when clicking on the tabs,but the lower slider hasnt slowed at all.the bottom tab slider is just as fast as it was before.very responsive.And i do like CHT 1.8 quite a bit more than CHT 1.7. CHT 1.8 has a few more real nice options avalable that CHT 1.7 doesnt have. I cant wait for a new release that has CHT 1.8 cooked in.I think that once CHT 1.8 is cooked into the rom it will get rid of the slight amount of lag or speed loss that it has when i simply just installed CHT 1.8 over CHT 1.7 with the CHT 1.8 cab and the CHT 1.8 Editor cab.but dont get me wrong even with CHT 1.8 installed via cab V12 handles everything just fine and is still very fast.also the CHT Editor works from the home screen now without having to use the bhars CHT Editor fix cab which has made the CHT Editor work for me from the home screen everytime.Still the best rom available even with all of the Maxsense roms available now.Bhars rom with CHT is still by far the best looking,cleanest,neatest,most customizable,and user friendly roms out there.I think its going to be pretty hard to beat.Ive tried pretty much every rom for the CDMA TP2 and Bhars roms are my favorite and have been since the beta release. I just wish the ##codes# functioned again.Everything else is as close to perfect as WM 6.5.X and Sense-anything can get.Great roms.Thanks alot for sharing them.especially us who flash every update.because they seem to just keep gettn better with every update.
Been flashing almost three times a day these days, to try fix all these bugs in V13. I have made some progress, and some set back! Hence the delay in V13.

Here is the issues I am working on:
  • Fix the debug codes? - May have a solution, wont know until V13 is released
  • Fix for internet sharing? - In place for V13.
  • Fix for action screen words? - I know where the problem, but will implement it before V13 is released
  • Fix for manilafull.xml? - I think I know what the issue is, trying to test now...
  • Fix for dialer sip icon overlap! - Have a fix, thanks for indagroove..

Any other bugs I am missing? Let me know and I will add it to my list...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development