PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

flyinonice4 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [06-18-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2013 [Build 21903.5.0.92]

I am glad to report that the gps issues have been fixed for me and I haven't run into a SOD. However, I powered off my phone not long ago and when I powered it back on, my contacts, messages, and programs were all deleted. Also, instead of the normal black theme, it turned to blue. Sense was unable to open and I couldn't get any of the pre-installed programs to open. I was forced to clear storage and start off fresh. I have never had this happen before and want to know if anyone else experienced it.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Evo
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Solver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugsy77 View Post
Are these truly SOD's? Can you try to make a call or can you receive or hear incoming phone calls? Or is it more like a Device Off/Hung condition?
I should clarify as I have not read up on the Screen of Death as it hasn't been a problem for me. All I know is that after I installed the MMS cab and then tried to send a message in landscape my phone screen went off and only the hard buttons were lit up, nothing I did made the screen come back on. I then used reset button to restart and gain functionality, then I proceeded to hard reset and use a different MMS cab since that was the obvious culprit.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

I am thinking this is a carrier (mainly Sprint) Issue. I have purposely tried to crash my phone to no avail. I use the USCC MMS and dont type ever in anything but landscapehowever I have opened and shut the keyboard quite a bit just to see if I could crash it, but no. So I think its a sprint issue. However, this is the only rom I can get to run flawless on USCC.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
I am thinking this is a carrier (mainly Sprint) Issue. I have purposely tried to crash my phone to no avail. I use the USCC MMS and dont type ever in anything but landscapehowever I have opened and shut the keyboard quite a bit just to see if I could crash it, but no. So I think its a sprint issue. However, this is the only rom I can get to run flawless on USCC.
I am on Verizon and I get the SOD at least once a day. Also, I am using the imnuts Verizon ArcSoft MMS 5.2.6.45U cab. If that is not the proper one for VZW, someone please let me know. Though it never caused an SOD on 4.20.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:39 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
I am on Verizon and I get the SOD at least once a day. Also, I am using the imnuts Verizon ArcSoft MMS 5.2.6.45U cab. If that is not the proper one for VZW, someone please let me know. Though it never caused an SOD on 4.20.
I am just going to get this out of the way....I am almost 99.9% sure it is not an arcsoft cab.....I have modded many of them and have never had an issue....just figured you could eliminate that now....

try the rom bare bones with nothing.....except your contacts and such....if you can....then little by little start installing cabs......one by one....same thing with regedits and such....just because you have always used the same apps and such....does not mean it will play nice with every build....give it a shot if ya can....
Old 06-23-2010, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and loving it

whatsinaname is just getting started

Love this rom, only one issue remains for me.
the game Zenonia will not load. from what I understand it has something to do with custom taskbars.
The game gets to a splash screen and then fails.

If I have to choose between this rom and the game, bye bye zenonia.

But if anyone has any thoughts on how to get it running let me know.
Thanks ahead of time and keep up the great work Mr.X
Old 06-23-2010, 11:47 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinonice4 View Post
I am glad to report that the gps issues have been fixed for me and I haven't run into a SOD. However, I powered off my phone not long ago and when I powered it back on, my contacts, messages, and programs were all deleted. Also, instead of the normal black theme, it turned to blue. Sense was unable to open and I couldn't get any of the pre-installed programs to open. I was forced to clear storage and start off fresh. I have never had this happen before and want to know if anyone else experienced it.
I had the exact same thing happen once on my Diamond and once on my TP2.
Its almost like a partial hard reset. Its weird and random but if its the same thing I experienced I bet it wont happen again.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-23-2010, 11:51 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
I had the exact same thing happen once on my Diamond and once on my TP2.
Its almost like a partial hard reset. Its weird and random but if its the same thing I experienced I bet it wont happen again.
I did have this happen once on my TP2 awhile back....but I was on R1 HSPL....I upgraded to R3 and it never happened again...
Old 06-24-2010, 01:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
I am just going to get this out of the way....I am almost 99.9% sure it is not an arcsoft cab.....I have modded many of them and have never had an issue....just figured you could eliminate that now....

try the rom bare bones with nothing.....except your contacts and such....if you can....then little by little start installing cabs......one by one....same thing with regedits and such....just because you have always used the same apps and such....does not mean it will play nice with every build....give it a shot if ya can....
I do agree that the one step install thing works. I was having a lot of problems at one time, till I found out, that CoPilot, GPS Weather Radar, and Pocket UNO together for some reason cracked up everything. Since that, I just dropped the crappy GPS Radar program and everything works awesome now.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:53 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
The next time I have a free hour, I will simply clear storage on my current 6.18 ROM, flash 6.18 over again, then clear storage and redo my setup and let you know whether it solves the SOD's.
just read up on how to do task29. its freaking awesome. and removes everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
well i am glad im am picky and never ran that cab you gave to me with mms, I usually use imnuts cab with a few mods. Could you list the mods you have in your mms cab? if you can even remember lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I've never had one, even when X was using us as lab rats.
could we please stop saying that we dont have the SOD? you guys that have the SOD list your applications installed and maybe we can find some common stuff installed

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 06-24-2010 at 03:26 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development