PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

symbols will come across differently when texting blackberries and iphones. my wife has a blackberry so when she send a message with a symbol, it doesnt come across as it is displayed to her. but when she text a iphone the symbol comes across and vice versa. i dont have a solution for you, just wanted to let you know that i see similar things. i dont believe it the xrom at all.

as far as the second issue. the first sms client you described is call htc message client. the second one is called the window message client. it a cab out there that can disable the htc message client so that can strictly use the window client which i prefer. i think most users prefer it also.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Srt4inSC is keeping up the good workSrt4inSC is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] [06-18-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2013 [Build 21903.5.0.92]

X, the rom update notification has never worked for me. Any suggestion's?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt4inSC View Post
X, the rom update notification has never worked for me. Any suggestion's?

you know you should inform him on which version of his rom you are using..no?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

Srt4inSC is keeping up the good workSrt4inSC is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolasko View Post
you know you should inform him on which version of his rom you are using..no?
It has "never" worked for me on any of his rom's since March... I am an avid thread follower so I know when they are coming out but I still would like to have the notification tool working.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work

Quote:
It has "never" worked for me on any of his rom's since March... I am an avid thread follower so I know when they are coming out but I still would like to have the notification tool working.

worked for me this last rom .. i was out at a campfire when i got the notice
Old 06-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcousticBruce View Post
I want to let you know about an issue I have found.

This has to do with symbols. I have 2 issues.
-I have an issue with people receiving symbols in text messages from me.
-the symbol menu (on the physical keyboard) will not work when i use the sense menu to send a text.

The first one I have had an issue with mightyrom and mr x 2.1 and 2.5. Now I could have an issue with other roms, i just cannot recall. My friend Stephanie has an iphone and this is where i discovered it. So I tried a series of symbol meassages too her and mos the time it was crazy characters that she got..
Here is an example. i would type "Mańana"

with MightyRom she got "?M?a???a?n?a?"
with your rom she gets this "Ma_ana"

interesting enough all sybols come out as an underscore for your rom.
the other roms did ? marks in between each character and the symbol.

perhaps this is something out of your control and I would understand.

The second part though is probably more in your control. Using the sense text msg menu when you click on your last incoming text msg it takes you to a threaded text msg screen. In this screen I cannot get into the symbol menu. So I tried a different approach, in the Sense menu, instead of clicking on the contact I clicked at the bottom that said "all messages" and it takes you to a inbox. when you click on one of these incoming messages it takes you to a slightly different threaded menu. In this version the symbols button works.

I have sprint and the only thing i have installed is FlyersTweakedArcSoft(threaded)5.2.12.62.cab

hope this helps.

I hope i have been specific enough for you. Thanks for everything!
The Symbol menu not popping up in htc message screen is HTC's bug been like that since the dawn of time it seems. it alos has issues in opera. its Operas bug as well.

As for the iphone, its her phone not the rom. it does not have the symbols in her font is what is probably happening. although ? im sure is not a problematic one even if you used it as an example.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

AcousticBruce is a n00b

I also got a text msg that says "New Message" I do not know how to access this picture mail or whatever. Neither in the HTC Client or the Window Message Client.

Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))
as far as the second issue. the first sms client you described is call htc message client. the second one is called the window message client. it a cab out there that can disable the htc message client so that can strictly use the window client which i prefer. i think most users prefer it also.
Ya this cab sounds great. Would you mind helping me with a name or a location?
When you use your keyboard the "sym" button on the keyboard doesn't work with the "window message client", however it does work with the "HTC client"

thanks for those names. Now I dont have to explain the entire process to get to the clients

Last edited by AcousticBruce; 06-22-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
The update notifyer is set up to only check once or twice every couple of soft resets to save data usage. you probably havnt rebooted when an update was close.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Spint HTC TP 2
Carrier: Sprint

dawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

X- nice clean job on this one... really enjoying it.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Thanks guys!

Not going to lie i want to get a droid device on a rogers sim so i can learn droid too. Feel free to donate LOL

I'M NOT ABANDONING THE TP2 in case you're worried.
This post has been thanked 7 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development