PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [04-XX-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

Okay, here is an issue with the 4/22 ROM:

When I try to edit the Home Screen Tabs, if I remove one or more, Sense keeps trying to restart, but will try 3-6 times before it takes. I have seen this problem described on the forum before, but it always seemed to point to a CAB being used. The thing is, these CABs are the same ones I have been using on all of the other Mr. X ROMS. Here is what I have loaded:

Cookie 1.7.1 with CHT Editor 1.7.1.1
BsB Ram Sweeper 2.2 with the Config Tool and Mortscript
MykCer Sense Chrome Clock
Opera Mini 5
FdcSoft TaskMgr
MyStopWatch
imnuts ArcSoft MMS (this is different - I usually used Flyers patch)

I will try uninstalling the imnuts ArcSoft CAB and loading one of the new Flyers Tweaked CABs (probably the unthreaded one). Other than that, any ideas? I did verify that if I check all of the Home Screen Tabs again, all is well. Oh, and yes, I just did the whole FlashDance back to stock before I loaded Mr. X back up. Thanks for any help!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:21 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
Okay, here is an issue with the 4/22 ROM:

When I try to edit the Home Screen Tabs, if I remove one or more, Sense keeps trying to restart, but will try 3-6 times before it takes. I have seen this problem described on the forum before, but it always seemed to point to a CAB being used. The thing is, these CABs are the same ones I have been using on all of the other Mr. X ROMS. Here is what I have loaded:

Cookie 1.7.1 with CHT Editor 1.7.1.1
BsB Ram Sweeper 2.2 with the Config Tool and Mortscript
MykCer Sense Chrome Clock
Opera Mini 5
FdcSoft TaskMgr
MyStopWatch
imnuts ArcSoft MMS (this is different - I usually used Flyers patch)

I will try uninstalling the imnuts ArcSoft CAB and loading one of the new Flyers Tweaked CABs (probably the unthreaded one). Other than that, any ideas? I did verify that if I check all of the Home Screen Tabs again, all is well. Oh, and yes, I just did the whole FlashDance back to stock before I loaded Mr. X back up. Thanks for any help!
your trying to remove tabs completely or move them up n down?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
your trying to remove tabs completely or move them up n down?
Sorry - just trying to use the Home Tab edit in the Sense Settings Tab to turn them off. I don't use the Stocks, Twitter or Internet Tabs.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:03 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
Sorry - just trying to use the Home Tab edit in the Sense Settings Tab to turn them off. I don't use the Stocks, Twitter or Internet Tabs.
using roms settings or cookies? i just did it and no issue using roms settings tab. can cookie do this? im just asking but i removed what you said and no issue
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:58 AM
KrisK91

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Try following Young DC's instructions above, I would just do the clear storage, start/settings/system/clear storage and follow the instructions. If you're still having the issue, leave stock ROM on it, relock it and take it in to the store for them to take a peak at it. If it's still happening after flashing stock and hard resetting, it's a hardware issue.
Do I really need to flash back to stock and relock it? Will they be able to know if the phone is unlocked?
Old 04-27-2010, 02:59 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisK91 View Post
Do I really need to flash back to stock and relock it? Will they be able to know if the phone is unlocked?
if they check, your screwed, your call.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
using roms settings or cookies? i just did it and no issue using roms settings tab. can cookie do this? im just asking but i removed what you said and no issue
Darren, this was using the ROM settings tab. I will just leave it this way, as everything is working perfectly. Love this ROM. I suppose I should do a hard reset or clear storage and try it with no CABs loaded. With XDA_UC it does not take very long to reconfigure. The Microsoft MyPhone sync is the longest part of the whole process anymore, but it is nice to have all of your contacts, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this and to actually try it on your phone.

UPDATE: I thought about this some more and realized that in the past I normally just turned off the Stocks and Twitter tabs, and left the Internet tab in place. So, I tried that just now, and it works perfectly. I then went back in and removed the Internet tab again, and now sense takes 2 times to start up correctly. So, it worked better, but still not correct. Even after a power off / power on, Sense will try to start once (in fact, you can see the bottom taskbar come up momentarily) then Sense restarts - the 2nd time works fine. With the Internet tab turned on, Sense always starts right the first time.

Last edited by CYoung234; 04-27-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:22 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1410
Old 04-27-2010, 08:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

black ice is becoming a great contributor

Were is the cab,to change the grey text to normal when texin in threaded?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Quote:
if they check, your screwed, your call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
the last time i took a phone back, the first thing i was asked was "have you unlocked and flashed any other roms?", before they even looked at it (which of course i had). by the time i took it in; however, i had flashed back to stock and relocked (which really isn't a big deal at all). i have NO idea if they were asking just out of curiosity or what. but in my small, narrow thinking mind, it's better to be safe than sorry.

and Flyers, I miss you!! lol

Save my place in the clubhouse today. Won't be around much. Too busy.

-MightyMike was here.... true story!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development