PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{21667|23557/63}{8/4}Formula's SPB MobileSense 3.5.5{Loaded/Baseline}Layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpsamant View Post
Agree with the above post.

Would like to add:

4. How to change the awful FONT in Internet Explorer?

5. I really like the tabs on the top of the screen that tells you what programs are currently open. ....Anyone know the name of that program?

Thanks in advance for the help
4. Who still uses IE? lol anyways looks like thats the font I have setup for titanium, you can change by going to Start -> Customize -> RZ MultiFont

If this does not work I guess I'll have to search for the reg entry... You could also try out KDFont 1.1 at XDA...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Re: {ROM}{21667|23557/63}{8/4}Formula's SPB MobileSense 3.5.5{Loaded/Baseline}Layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtDMonet View Post
I have tried the ROM, and am generally very impressed. I have been using mostly Mighty ROM, with MS overlay. The big question I have: is the router "cloaked?" I'd hate to offer up a wi-fi router at my fantasy football draft, only to have Sprint charge me a billion $ for it.

Issues - when I last installed MS 3.5 -- there were a ton more size/shape options on the widgets. Is the limited number because they are all modified? If that's the case -- I understand, more = more work. If not, can we add all the size/shape options? Especially the contacts. I accidentally deleted one of the standard medium blocks, and there were no replacements for it (and there were no standard large blocks -- I generally make my most frequent number/home the largest icon, and all the options were smaller than the medium).

Also -- I generally install SPB Phone Suite, for the profile management. After installing it -- I cannot for the life of me find how to change the settings (enter registration key). It is a cool addin when you have MS 3.5, as it will allow you to set auto responses, vibrate when you're in a meeting, and only ring once at night, and a bunch of other little cool things. Is there a way to move things like that to the "settings" menu?

Thanks!

-Al
1. Yes it has stealth tethering, no charge.
2. The widgets are from Mobile Sense theme not stock...I will be putting out a addin to be placed on your storage card containing various themes/layouts that included Mobile Shell Manager from XDA, one of which is the stock 3.5.5 if you want the stock layouts/Widgets back.
3. Use the windows start menu and go to settings... see if its there, the Mobile Shell Settings menu sometimes does not register everything.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

I may be putting out a 23134 build today along with the SD card add-on pending testing today.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

Serofred is a n00b

Hey Formula....let me know if you need a tester.

Also, What is the most recent baseline rom? I think I would rather go back to that. I wasn't sure where it was, looking through 120 pages would suck.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO

CtDMonet is a n00b

Thanks. I do love the ROM!

I've noticed one other thing that is odd. I noticed it before whenever I used MS 3.5 with MightyROM, and frankly just got used to it. When I type a contacts name (sms, email, etc) - it does not bring up a list of potential names until I hit the backspace key. So if I want to find the name "Jess" I would type "Jess " then backspace, and the list would populate with people in my contacts "Jesse Ventura" "Jessica Simpson" and etc. I don't think I noticed it happenening until I installed Phone Suite, but I could be mistaken. It really isn't a problem until I type someone's name wrong.

I also turned off the autocomplete, as it seems to be completely high. It completely changes what I am typing all the time -- which I can see when using the onscreen keyboard, but when using the actual keyboard is was just as aggressive. Nearly impossible to type an e-mail address, as it always thinks it needs to be a word.

Thanks -- keep up the good work!
Old 08-29-2010, 02:55 PM
N00b

Serofred is a n00b

The auto complete does suck! I will stick with my own bad spelleng! LOL

That always happens to me with contacts too. On every rom I have ever used. I think both of these are just WM issues. Not Formula's.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Smile Re: {ROM}{21667|23557/63}{8/4}Formula's SPB MobileSense 3.5.5{Loaded/Baseline}Layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtDMonet View Post
Thanks. I do love the ROM!

I've noticed one other thing that is odd. I noticed it before whenever I used MS 3.5 with MightyROM, and frankly just got used to it. When I type a contacts name (sms, email, etc) - it does not bring up a list of potential names until I hit the backspace key. So if I want to find the name "Jess" I would type "Jess " then backspace, and the list would populate with people in my contacts "Jesse Ventura" "Jessica Simpson" and etc. I don't think I noticed it happenening until I installed Phone Suite, but I could be mistaken. It really isn't a problem until I type someone's name wrong.

I also turned off the autocomplete, as it seems to be completely high. It completely changes what I am typing all the time -- which I can see when using the onscreen keyboard, but when using the actual keyboard is was just as aggressive. Nearly impossible to type an e-mail address, as it always thinks it needs to be a word.

Thanks -- keep up the good work!
This has been brought up before and the cause of this "bug" is because of swype being the default keyboard. If you change the sip to EZ-Input the name auto fills in fine from contacts without needing to hit the backspace key.

On my next rom drop I am going to make a rom with Swype only (saves on ram and I never use EZ-Input anyway.) as well as a rom with both and EZ-Input set as default.

The auto-complete BS that comes up when typing an E-mail is do to EZ-Input and has bothered me forever thats why I am removing it from my rom that I use and giving the end user the choice...

You can correct this in the current and past roms by when you see the auto-complete comming up changing the SIP to EZ-Input and turning XT9 off.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serofred View Post
Hey Formula....let me know if you need a tester.

Also, What is the most recent baseline rom? I think I would rather go back to that. I wasn't sure where it was, looking through 120 pages would suck.
I haven't put a recent baseline sorry man, I hopefully will on my next drop for you, with just the basic apps.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:47 PM
N00b

Serofred is a n00b

Thank you! Do you think you will still be dropping the new rom today? For me the baseline rom is so much more stable. Right now, the lock screen freezes thing freezes up for me every time. I like the concept, but in function it blows. I find I don't like or use any of the mods to MS 3.5 either. I am a simple kinda guy, and believe simple is better. I think I use FIM, google maps, and Opera more than anything else. Use bing occasionally....and installed windows live for push hotmail. Use wifi router occasionally, and you tube occasionally. That covers 99.9% of what I use on my phone, other than built in apps with windows like camera, texting and phone calls. I find most WM apps suck donkey balls, and don't use em. Marketplace has dumb stuff in it...although it is a nice idea. Good software has to be there, but aint. I do use the rss feeder, and tcpmp for playing media files. Even though Windows Media sucks big gator balls, I use it cause I can turn off the screen while I listen to music.

I am just waiting until october 1, when that Sero upgrade deal comes forth, and will probably jump ship to the Evo. It just seems that Android does everything I want it to, better than windows.

The windows CE core, is pretty much the same Doggone thing I was using on my Toshiba & HP old school PPC's back in the 90's. Even a step backwards from the groovy old palm OS, that just always seemed to work right. Even though it was super basic. I have a tendency to think apple stole the iphizzle's os design from them. Apple aint any better than toyota or honda in my book. Take something that someone else invented, copy it, change it just enough so they cant sue you. Then package it to yuppies. I hate yuppies, and hippies. LOL.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:54 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

How can I change the X back to minimize and not close?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
spb mobile shell, spb ms