PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23549/6.5.5}{3/19}Formula's SPB MobileSense & Titanium {Stock&Custom up!}

OMG I think I died and went to heaven!... but one problem isn't the new sprint build not 6.5.3? How does that work?
Old 03-20-2010, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Re: {ROM}{23549/6.5.5}{3/19}Formula's SPB MobileSense & Titanium {Stock&Custom up!}

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
OMG I think I died and went to heaven!... but one problem isn't the new sprint build not 6.5.3? How does that work?
Driver base and a few oem's not the sys.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Driver base and a few oem's not the sys.
Oh gotcha. awesome thanks!

P.s. did you leave s2p out on this sprint build? or am i missing the icon. If so sweet. i'll leave it out for now and see if thats whats causing the issue. If it is its too bad because i love using it. Nitrogen is decent though, but i do like having both. (I queue up coast to coast episodes on s2p and use nitrogen for music)... If all goes well for a few days i'll install the latest s2p beta and see if the weird volume problem comes back. Hopefully its quashed with the new oem stuff.

Also the sprint nav icon is default. Is there any way to fix that? I think you need to replace the exe?

Thanks again for an awesome rom man! This one is feeling really smooth so far. I'll report any issues.

Last edited by solarflarex; 03-20-2010 at 04:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
Oh gotcha. awesome thanks!

P.s. did you leave s2p out on this sprint build? or am i missing the icon. If so sweet. i'll leave it out for now and see if thats whats causing the issue. If it is its too bad because i love using it. Nitrogen is decent though, but i do like having both. (I queue up coast to coast episodes on s2p and use nitrogen for music)... If all goes well for a few days i'll install the latest s2p beta and see if the weird volume problem comes back. Hopefully its quashed with the new oem stuff.

Also the sprint nav icon is default. Is there any way to fix that? I think you need to replace the exe?

Thanks again for an awesome rom man! This one is feeling really smooth so far. I'll report any issues.
Yes I decided to leave s2p out for you this build for testing. Let me know how you make out.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Guys I found that with futher testing of using 0 pagepool, while it seemed to yield better battery it definatley gets heavy on usage. I have changed to 15mb which is the stock sprint rom sizeand it seems pretty good. So if anyone is having memory issues just use the ppchanger app included with the download to change yourself.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I had the sound problem again and the sprint nav icon was just a shell (window) graphic. but i pulled the battery and everything seems good since. so i dont think its s2p that causes the sound issue. Something seems to keep wanting to put the sound at 1/2 level. after the pull battery to get it going again (soft reset doesn't work) the volume was at 1/2 way. I turned it up and loaded nitrogen but the sound to my car speakers were low so I went for the volume again and it was at half... i turned it up 100% since and haven't had any problems since. I did have a problem with text messaging when my sound problem was there. I couldn't send a text. It all cleared up after pulling the battery though and was right after a flashdance... weird...

Ram seems lower its hanging in the 40's instead of 60's from the last beta. Does the pp change that?

Reflashed with 15meg pp everything seems fine. No issues so far.

Last edited by solarflarex; 03-21-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Guys I found that with futher testing of using 0 pagepool, while it seemed to yield better battery it definatley gets heavy on usage. I have changed to 15mb which is the stock sprint rom sizeand it seems pretty good. So if anyone is having memory issues just use the ppchanger app included with the download to change yourself.
When you say 'gets heavy' on usage do you mean Ram runs a little low? I have definitely noticed higher ram usage, but the ROM does feel a little bit snappier.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Formula have you taken a look at Throttlelauncher?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=552799
Looks like a nice UI in the vein of MobileShell, but would be free and looks like it may use less memory.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
Looks like a nice UI in the vein of MobileShell, but would be free and looks like it may use less memory.
I did see that and was thinking of playing around with it. well see. And yes by heavy usuage i meant on ram, switching to 15 will yield better ram.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
I ended up downloading it and installing. Unless I didn't have it set up correctly, it was very sluggish. Lots of widgets, but not quite the 'polish' that MS and MobileSense have.

As I get more free time, I may play around with it a bit, but for now MS still feels better.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
spb mobile shell, spb ms