PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 10:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

hunter7773 is keeping up the good workhunter7773 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATED[03/27/10]V4.4 Blue Midnight 6.5.3 Sense 2.5 2012 -23542 MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstine671 View Post
As you already know 23551 beta was removed from downloading. The worse rom I ever did!
Working with 23554 build and everthing is very stable, fast and will be worth the update. Included in the next release are the OEM updates and Internet Tab is now working for Opera 10 Final. If all goes well tonight I might get it posted after midnight or tomorrow.

keep up the great work. let me know when u get the new 28xxx ready. im ready to run it.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

D-nice is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to D-nice

Hey jstine, what does the 28xxx series provide over the 23xxx series besides one is 6.5.3 and the other is 6.5.5? Oh and by the way I flashed a Sprint stock rom and then flashed your V4.4 and the results of the rom was like night and day of what I've been experiencing. No more becoming unstable after 2 or 3 days, just consistent fast, stable, very nice eye candy and user friendly rom to enjoy endlessly. You truly are the man on these roms. And I'm glad I followed your advice from a thread a while back on flashing the stock rom first to get the best results when flashing your rom. I strongly recommend others to do this whereas a lot of the issues they have after flashing your rom will not be present. Also if one encounters a problem after flashing the stock rom then yours, all one need to do is a soft reset and everything will work fine. Again, another thread I read from your earlier posts.

Last edited by D-nice; 04-01-2010 at 03:25 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:27 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nice View Post
Hey jstine, what does the 28xxx series provide over the 23xxx series besides one is 6.5.3 and the other is 6.5.5? Oh and by the way I flashed a Sprint stock rom and then flashed your V4.4 and the results of the rom was like night and day of what I've been experiencing. No more becoming unstable after 2 or 3 days, just consistent fast, stable, very nice eye candy and user friendly rom to enjoy endlessly. You truly are the man on these roms. And I'm glad I followed your advice from a thread a while back on flashing the stock rom first to get the best results when flashing your rom. I strongly recommend others to do this whereas a lot of the issues they have after flashing your rom will not be present. Also if one encounters a problem after flashing the stock rom then yours, all one need to do is a soft reset and everything will work fine. Again, another thread I read from your earlier posts.
Thanks D-nice

The roms are getting better with it release. Let's hope this will continue and HTC doesn't forget about the folks who laid a great deal of cash out for this phone. Some are jumping ship and heading to the Andorid. Me, I don't see the big deal.

Not sure if I can release the rom just yet. This build (23554) seens to be rock solid, but I want to change more graphics. So maybe, maybe not tomorrow(today).
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
Old 04-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

jpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Lovin your latest release. Smooth as butter! You've stepped away from the pack with this one bro
Old 04-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

can someone please tell me if they ever do a soft rest and its just like a hard reset? its happened 5 times to me. dont know if this is at all common or if i need to change phones. thanks. ll do whatever it takes to keep this rom. this rom on my phone and paris hilton in antarctica and my life is complete
Old 04-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
can someone please tell me if they ever do a soft rest and its just like a hard reset? its happened 5 times to me. dont know if this is at all common or if i need to change phones. thanks. ll do whatever it takes to keep this rom. this rom on my phone and paris hilton in antarctica and my life is complete
I suggest you do a soft reset around 1 or 2 x's a day. No, a hard reset will set it back to default without any installed programs that you added after the previous flash. Also data will be cleared. Best to use CleanRam 1 or 2 times a day, then no need to soft reset.

Why the need for soft reset or CleanRam, 6.5.x does have memory leaks. If you cann't live with the above procedures, then maybe you could consider going to a 6.1 rom. They are the most stable but lack the cutting edge tech that comes with 6.5.x roms. I use my for work (hospital) and can not have freezes or lockups. So I try to build stable and fast roms with that in mind. That's why you will find only the basic everyday programs in the rom. Hope this help.

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 04-01-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstine671 View Post
I suggest you do a soft reset around 1 or 2 x's a day. No, a hard reset will set it back to default without any installed programs that you added after the previous flash. Also data will be cleared. Best to use CleanRam 1 or 2 times a day, then no need to soft reset.

Why the need for soft reset or CleanRam, 6.5.x does have memory leaks. If you cann't live with the above procedures, then maybe you could consider going to a 6.1 rom. They are the most stable but lack the cutting edge tech that comes with 6.5.x roms. I use my for work (hospital) and can not have freezes or lockups. So I try to build stable and fast roms with that in mind. That's why you will find only the basic everyday programs in the rom. Hope this help.
no i mean when i do a soft reset the phone hard resets it. i dont want to do a hard reset. i just wanted to know if youve heard of this happening with your 3/27 rom
Old 04-01-2010, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
gorelow, try flashing the Sprint update rom 6.5 and then flash jstine's V4.4. I used to have all kinds of problems also before I did this. The difference was like night and day for me. This rom (V4.4) is really rock solid and does not have any freezing or lockups of any kind for me. And I've had this flashed since 3/27/10, had one minor issue did a soft reset and haven't looked back yet. Hope this helps you out. I know the pain of not being able to enjoy jstine's roms and not knowing how to correct a problem yourself.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hey jstine, I'm lovin this V4.4 rom. Don't have any problems to report to you at this time. Just want to know if you can consider putting on skyfire into the roms since you're making Opera Mobile 10 the default browser and not IExplorer. (Very happy about this) Also d o you know anything about the Mozilla (Fennec) browser for WM. Has Mozilla put out their browser for WM or not. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work

version 4.4 all carriers would lock up on me every morning, so i flashed sprint 4.4, and all is well. I ran 4.4 all carriers for 3 days in a row, and would have to hard reset every morning. Sprints, did not do this to me.

If I have helped you Press THANKS!!!!!
get my rep up

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme