PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (NEW)[02-12-10]Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2011 With MMS working MAX 3.0 Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
Well a couple of strange things this morning.
I used the phone, then set a new ring tone. The screen locked up (or was very slow). The hard buttons all worked (four on bottom, volume rocker, top switch) but the resulting screen did not appear to react to my touch (I have the vibration turned off). I tried resetting via shutxp but it wouldn't react to the touch. I opened the keyboard and tried and same result. I then closed the keyboard and tried shutxp again and it worked (much to my surprize). I retried the whole sequence after the soft reset but couldn't repeat the occurance.

I then tied wifi and BT which worked. Then I connected to my HT820 BT headset (which worked, old taskbar icon), and went into settings and changed the keyboard slide sound but now the only part of the screen which displays is the bottom taskbar. When I tried opening the keyboard I got the right side of the connections screen but the left side was black. I closed the keyboard and now even when I open the keyboard I only get the bottom taskbar (which stays on the right side vertical). OK, now I realize everything is locked including hard buttons. Soft reset using the under cover botton and everything is back up. Wonder if it's related to hdwalls (or whatever you're using) since the right side of the screen showed up when I opened the keyboard. Again, I tried to repeat the process and the phone worked fine???

On the bright side, GPS locked right away (QuickGPS was downloaded).

Just giving clues!
What was you background picture?
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
Old 02-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My background was set to P via Max (the lighter background with wolf on the mound). I also may have jumped the gun. I installed showcasesuite-1.1.0 this morning before this all happened (but also before I tried any of this).

Another this I noticed is that the wolf goes from left side of the screen to right side to center (all in portrait mode) sometimes. It has actually looked like it's animated at times but not consistently. Mostly is stays on the left.

I could reflash or clear the memory, but since I can't replicate the failures I'm not sure what it would tell us?

Thanks for the tip on max. Guess I should find the original thread and research it!

ST

Edit: I did clear the memory. Installed no programs but did sync contacts etc using WMDC. I then used the phone and selected a new ringtone as before. Again the phone became very sluggish. All h/w buttons worked and the screen responded (vibration still on). I could get start menu, volume control, etc. but the screen wouldn't react (I mean I couldn't adjust volume or start programs). I could reset via shutxp (not sure why that worked) and following the same process after the reset the phone worked fine???

I didn't have the same issue following the process regarding BT.

BTW, found the thread for max. That answered why my screen was moving around LOL!

Last edited by suntopper; 02-14-2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: undate
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work

maybe your sd card.... try soft reset without your sd card in, see what happens...

If I have helped you Press THANKS!!!!!
get my rep up
Old 02-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
My background was set to P via Max (the lighter background with wolf on the mound). I also may have jumped the gun. I installed showcasesuite-1.1.0 this morning before this all happened (but also before I tried any of this).

Another this I noticed is that the wolf goes from left side of the screen to right side to center (all in portrait mode) sometimes. It has actually looked like it's animated at times but not consistently. Mostly is stays on the left.

I could reflash or clear the memory, but since I can't replicate the failures I'm not sure what it would tell us?

Thanks for the tip on max. Guess I should find the original thread and research it!

ST

Edit: I did clear the memory. Installed no programs but did sync contacts etc using WMDC. I then used the phone and selected a new ringtone as before. Again the phone became very sluggish. All h/w buttons worked and the screen responded (vibration still on). I could get start menu, volume control, etc. but the screen wouldn't react (I mean I couldn't adjust volume or start programs). I could reset via shutxp (not sure why that worked) and following the same process after the reset the phone worked fine???

I didn't have the same issue following the process regarding BT.

BTW, found the thread for max. That answered why my screen was moving around LOL!
You got it, it's MAX (NOMME did it)LOL. Max does act weird if auto rotation is turn on. I have V2 with Max installed and running for testing. I like the different options, like Alerts to only show when true. Or the different clocks options. Each version comes with a new set of problems. I write computer programs for a hobby(LOL what a hobby). I'm sure he will get this nailed sometime soon. Just as I get better with it build. Thanks to you and everyone else who is giving my rom fair shake. Things will look better when we get our hands on the RTM build. Without the source code to work with, all we can do is work with what M$ and HTC provide.

"Thru the eyes you can see the heart and the soul of all creatures, even humans. So be sure to look deep into the eyes of mankind."
Old 02-14-2010, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

harvick2933 is keeping up the good workharvick2933 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to harvick2933

I have been running your latest ROM/max for about 24hrs now and have to say it's solid as a rock. I have tried to get it to freeze up and it just won't. While there is some memory leakage, it is no where near what every other rom I have tried has lost. It's been 12 hrs since last reset and still sitting at 60mb. All others is around 40 and I have been working it hard. The only thing I can't get to work is slacker radio but that's hardly your problem. I AM SOLD. Thanks, for this. And when you get your animal rescue up and going, please let me know. I will be a regular supporter of it. I love animals too and if I didn't travel for work about 300 days out of the year, I would do the exact same thing.

If I helped you, please hit THANKS!
Old 02-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvick2933 View Post
I have been running your latest ROM/max for about 24hrs now and have to say it's solid as a rock. I have tried to get it to freeze up and it just won't. While there is some memory leakage, it is no where near what every other rom I have tried has lost. It's been 12 hrs since last reset and still sitting at 60mb. All others is around 40 and I have been working it hard. The only thing I can't get to work is slacker radio but that's hardly your problem. I AM SOLD. Thanks, for this. And when you get your animal rescue up and going, please let me know. I will be a regular supporter of it. I love animals too and if I didn't travel for work about 300 days out of the year, I would do the exact same thing.
Hey, thanks for the feedback! Yes, memory leak is a problem that comes from from M$. I use cleanram at least 1 or more per day. Depending on how much I use the phone as, just more than a phone. Per server stats this appears to be popular rom. With 90 downloads and 256 transfers in the first 16 hrs. Most members are not taking the time to provide feedback. So, to you and everyone else who take's the time. Where's a big wet THANKS.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ProfitXtremist is a n00b

Best ROM I had so far, but then again Ima new jack so thats no saying much but definitely loving the new updates. Very smooth for what I do on my phone and I think your the only one who kept voice recognition. Love the new sms chat! Graphics hot great ROM is all I can say ...only thing is how can I fix my pic mail? Im sure someone up here knows and again like I said this is my 1st post and 1st month of flashing so explain it like that Thanks
Old 02-14-2010, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstine671 View Post
Hey, thanks for the feedback! Yes, memory leak is a problem that comes from from M$. I use cleanram at least 1 or more per day. Depending on how much I use the phone as, just more than a phone. Per server stats this appears to be popular rom. With 90 downloads and 256 transfers in the first 16 hrs. Most members are not taking the time to provide feedback. So, to you and everyone else who take's the time. Where's a big wet THANKS.
PS: If you need another beta tester for anything, Just let me know. I would be happy to.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfitXtremist View Post
Best ROM I had so far, but then again Ima new jack so thats no saying much but definitely loving the new updates. Very smooth for what I do on my phone and I think your the only one who kept voice recognition. Love the new sms chat! Graphics hot great ROM is all I can say ...only thing is how can I fix my pic mail? Im sure someone up here knows and again like I said this is my 1st post and 1st month of flashing so explain it like that Thanks
Did you run the carrier provisioning? If not, its under the tools folder. Just choose yor carrier then hit commit. And it's fixed.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfitXtremist View Post
I assume u mean email (like yahoo), or MMS?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme