PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 02:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATED[04/03/10]V5 Blue Midnight 6.5.5 23554 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3.0

Well, I'm definitely not understanding the facebook tab. Seems like you need to go into the app to see everyone's status update (only my own). Is this the way it's suppose to work. When I hit update now softkey, or go into the select matching friends, or go into my update bar it pretty much deletes what updates are there (except for that select matching friends bar). I can log off and on (in the settings tab) and it will reload (only) my updates.

Another note: when someone comments I get it in an email so why the tab?

I should say I just joined facebook (because of the tab and my cousin's pressing) so I can't even move around much on the PC yet. But so far I'd have to go along with jstine's initial evaluation about just putting the facebook app as a shortcut on the first page!

Any insight is appreciated!
ST

Last edited by suntopper; 04-05-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:23 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: UPDATED[04/03/10]V5 Blue Midnight 6.5.5 23554 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
Well, I'm definitely not understanding the facebook tab. Seems like you need to go into the app to see everyone's status update (only my own). Is this the way it's suppose to work. When I hit update now softkey, or go into the select matching friends, or go into my update bar it pretty much deletes what updates are there (except for that select matching friends bar). I can log off and on (in the settings tab) and it will reload (only) my updates.

I should say I just joined facebook (because of the tab and my cousin's pressing) so I can't even move around much on the PC yet. But so far I'd have to go along with jstine's initial evaluation about just putting the facebook app as a shortcut on the first page!

ST
I 2nd that!
Maybe that's not the way works in other facebook tabs. I don't know myself, I just put in because of the request. A few pages back I asked if it worked and got the answer, yes. So you all tell if this is correct.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 04-05-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:39 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Just so you all know I tried CHT for the pasted 10hrs. Not for me, back to Max 3.0 and happy. The phone had less memory available with CHT than with Max and no faster. The only nice thing is the drag and drop feature. So Max hands down.

Attn: Hunter

Sorry for the 1st mistake, here's your All Carrier V5 28232 rom.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nntf3citmw4
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

hunter7773 is keeping up the good workhunter7773 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstine671 View Post
Just so you all know I tried CHT for the pasted 10hrs. Not for me, back to Max 3.0 and happy. The phone had less memory available with CHT than with Max and no faster. The only nice thing is the drag and drop feature. So Max hands down.

Attn: Hunter

Sorry for the 1st mistake, here's your All Carrier V5 28232 rom.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nntf3citmw4

ty jstine. u didnt have to add it yet. i was waitin for a couple days didnt wanna rush u. u r the man to ty.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: telus

donkey1 is a n00b

Thanks for the all carrier. I'm Telus - downloading now...
Old 04-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

hunter7773 is keeping up the good workhunter7773 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

ST

ya sun stopper ur right. just flashd the new 28232 rom. went to facebook tab. and well it kinda suks lol. maby if there was a way to get updates on screen plus facebook instant messenger. then it would be a great tab.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well I thought I figured out how to get updates. You go to the pairing "bar" select who you want to show updates from (I think) and hit the done softkey. It then should show the updates from those friends. Problem is I learned that checking out someone elses rom and when I flashed back, I don't have the pairs bar anymore

Edit: OK, things are looking up. I now have two friends Updates (out of six friends). I just wish I knew what I did. I did log out and and back in on the settings tab but I'd done that several times before. Also, the friends are showing up in my contacts list. I guess this is what makes it all worthwhile, LOL.

You think there is a time limit to show updates? Like so many days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter7773 View Post
ya sun stopper ur right. just flashd the new 28232 rom. went to facebook tab. and well it kinda suks lol. maby if there was a way to get updates on screen plus facebook instant messenger. then it would be a great tab.

Last edited by suntopper; 04-06-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well I thought I figured out how to get updates. You go to the pairing "bar" select who you want to show updates from (I think) and hit the done softkey. It then should show the updates from those friends. Problem is I learned that checking out someone elses rom and when I flashed back, I don't have the pairs bar anymore

Edit: OK, things are looking up. I now have two friends Updates (out of six friends). I just wish I knew what I did. I did log and and back in on the settings tab but I'd done that several times before. Also, the friends are showing up in my contacts list. I guess this is what makes it all worthwhile, LOL.
Ok Suntopper stepping out again on me to another rom, your bannned for life.

Now I'm serious, who's rom so I can take a look.

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 04-06-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Awe, you know I always come home to the pack!

Check out the facebook caps:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113231

The more I play, the more I learn.
Breakthrough: I didn't have the other friends on my contacts. I went to people tab > all people > new and scroll down to facebook link. I now have all my friends on the facebook tab! (funny how it seems that everyone wants to be my friend. Cousins, sons and daughters of cousins, friends of friends... (you'd think I won the lotto!) But it does make me feel special!

Edit: Well as near as I can tell, the tab page only displays the last update from a friend (and yourself). I think you have to go into the facebook app or facebook online (see menu softkey) to actually post anything. Still not to bad. Definitely better than I thought last night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post
Ok Suntopper stepping out again on me to another rom, your bannned for life.

Now I'm serious, who's rom so I can take a look.

Last edited by suntopper; 04-06-2010 at 01:02 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: telus

donkey1 is a n00b

When setting up my email, with other roms, usually it gets to a "look for settings automatically" promp and contines on to finishing the setup. With V5, it stops at this prompt and says "can't find settings".

Data is turned on and everything else is working ok. I'll try a manual setup to see if it works...

Also, batt life doesn't seem as good a previous version... will report after a day or two. Cheers.

Edit, is there a way to turn on a lockscreen that activates everytime the phone goes to sleep? The one where you have to swipe a tab to open the phone for use. Thanks.

Last edited by donkey1; 04-06-2010 at 09:45 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme