PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 07/09/10 Pluto_Cookie is up! **VINdows Phone**(Sense 2016)

I think I figured out my jpeg picture problems. Apprently the my client sent me a picture that had 17 numbers in with dashes. I believe because it had over 10 numbers with dashes in it windows mobile detected as a phone number instead of a picture. So that is why it kept opening it up as a phone number I am going to send myself another picture with this format to confirm. Most normal people don't name their file with such long names so this is not an important issue to be address. Well I resent the same picture from my email and I was able to open it up with no problems maybe it is his e-mail account that is messed up. Ok plutonium ROM is still perfect in my eyes.

Please don't forget to thank me.

Last edited by jamice4u; 07-18-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitmonster
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i have used htc task manager on 5x roms but it was cooked in, try this cab if you wanna experiment. can always uninstall
Thanks...I'll give it a shot and see how it works.
please post back and tell us how it worked.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitmonster View Post
I believe the strip of notification icons you refer to is actually part of the 6.5.x operating system,. ArkSwitch overrides it, but when ArkSwitch shuts off (has happened to me as well), the this strip returns.

When I was debating if I should try the 6.5.X operating system, I found the following link/video that shows the main differences between 6.5 and 6.5.X (the notification strip is shown in the video). If there is an issue linking to the external site let me know and I will remove it. I just figure I'll share since it helped me to decide between neo and pluto.

http://www.allshadow.com/2010/01/21/...-mobile-6-5-x/
Yup, that's what the notification strip is. usually it's blocked by the HTC notification manager but for some reason when arkswitch dies the arkswitch area triggers the stock winmo notification mgr.

I really haven't installed anything new that I haven't been using on VIN's older roms. This just started happening to me on the last 2 ROMS of vins. If it's not universally happening to everyone then it may be a combination of a change that Vin made and something I install. For now I just restart arkswitch when it dies.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

daytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lw123 View Post
Today is my first time to use Tasks. I am trying to use Tasks to setup a reminder. But I can not enter any date in start date and due date fields. I can only click these two fields and current date get populated. I cannot change them to a future date.

Is this a bug of the Tasks program or is it was designed like this (I doubt this is the case)? Anybody has a solution?

I am on July 03 Plutonium_No_Co0kie Rom + Co0kie Cab 1.8.5.

Thanks.
Wouldn't it be easier to setup your reminder as an appointment in the calendar?
Old 07-18-2010, 09:12 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
JDM_SOHC or anyone, could you please let me know where to find your da kine wallpaper or maybe post it? Pretty please!

Best to all,
R
you can resize these 420 wallpapers.

http://www.drugs-plaza.com/pictures_wallpapers.htm
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

unitmonster is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

please post back and tell us how it worked.

So I tried using task manager with pluto and my experience is as follows.

The program itself seems to work fine, but the main reasons I want to use it are not functional for me. Basically, I would want to enable the quick menu on the today screen (the top right corner). With Pluto, the time is set to always be there. With 6.5, there was an option in the "clocks and alarms" settings to enable/disable the time always being on the top right corner. With Pluto (probably 6.5.x in general) that particular setting is not available. Because of this, even when task manager is set to have the quick menu in the top right corner, it will not be there. This also means that the "x" to close programs that would typically show in the top right corner is also not there.

If anyone can figure out a way to get those two features working, that would be great. If not, I'll either get used to arkswitch or go back to neo. Neither option sounds bad to me

One other note is that the task manager installs to and launches from Start > Settings. I was not able to set task manager to a quicklink since the program searcher in cookie apparently does not look in start > settings. I also tried using total commander and file explorer and couldn't find the program to create another shortcut. I know it is there somewhere but couldn't find it.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

lw123 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona283 View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to setup your reminder as an appointment in the calendar?
That is what I am doing right now. But I still like to be able to use Tasks to set the start date and due date, so I can have several concurrent tasks listed there, and give a remind before the due date.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
*** If it's not universally happening to everyone ***
LOL...it just happened to me for the first time today. The only different cabs/programs have been the OC'ing stuff...

Old 07-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitmonster View Post
So I tried using task manager with pluto and my experience is as follows.

The program itself seems to work fine, but the main reasons I want to use it are not functional for me. Basically, I would want to enable the quick menu on the today screen (the top right corner). With Pluto, the time is set to always be there. With 6.5, there was an option in the "clocks and alarms" settings to enable/disable the time always being on the top right corner. With Pluto (probably 6.5.x in general) that particular setting is not available. Because of this, even when task manager is set to have the quick menu in the top right corner, it will not be there. This also means that the "x" to close programs that would typically show in the top right corner is also not there.

If anyone can figure out a way to get those two features working, that would be great. If not, I'll either get used to arkswitch or go back to neo. Neither option sounds bad to me

One other note is that the task manager installs to and launches from Start > Settings. I was not able to set task manager to a quicklink since the program searcher in cookie apparently does not look in start > settings. I also tried using total commander and file explorer and couldn't find the program to create another shortcut. I know it is there somewhere but couldn't find it.
I can post the fix tomorrow... Don't have time right now.
The quick menu works, but the tap 'x' will only work on some programs and not all.

Here it is working on the Vogue with SYS 23569...

Update:
Send me a PM if you want the fix...

Last edited by Lmiller1708; 07-20-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
JDM_SOHC or anyone, could you please let me know where to find your da kine wallpaper or maybe post it? Pretty please!

Best to all,
R
I actually make all my own usually... Take pics I find on the net, resize, sharpen, and throw them on there... I have a whole collection if you want me to zip'm up I can email them to you... LMK...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development