View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 08:23 PM
kirstein
Halfway to VIP Status

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 07/09/10 Pluto_Cookie is up! **VINdows Phone**(Sense 2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitmonster View Post
I believe the strip of notification icons you refer to is actually part of the 6.5.x operating system,. ArkSwitch overrides it, but when ArkSwitch shuts off (has happened to me as well), the this strip returns.

When I was debating if I should try the 6.5.X operating system, I found the following link/video that shows the main differences between 6.5 and 6.5.X (the notification strip is shown in the video). If there is an issue linking to the external site let me know and I will remove it. I just figure I'll share since it helped me to decide between neo and pluto.

http://www.allshadow.com/2010/01/21/...-mobile-6-5-x/
Yup, that's what the notification strip is. usually it's blocked by the HTC notification manager but for some reason when arkswitch dies the arkswitch area triggers the stock winmo notification mgr.

I really haven't installed anything new that I haven't been using on VIN's older roms. This just started happening to me on the last 2 ROMS of vins. If it's not universally happening to everyone then it may be a combination of a change that Vin made and something I install. For now I just restart arkswitch when it dies.
This post has been thanked 1 times.