PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 03/24/10 WM 6.5.5 ROMS.Sense 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Yes we can, the person who replied does not know what he or she is talking about. You have to go into EPST and configure it. Later this afternoon I will post how to do this as it has been a while.

Cheers,

Mikee

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
wow thanks, ur so pro. look like u know wtf your talking about. good for you. now if you want to go through all that then sure. i rather downgrade the PRL so i dont' have to worry all those steps

I think the whole point was a user asked if it COULD be done and the answer given was "no" when in fact it can be done and the info presented as such...

It shouldnt be up to anyone but the user themselves on what they themselves feel comfortable in doing on their own phone, at least if the info is presented and its legitimate and working/accurate info the individual can make the choice to do it or not based on the directions. after all the best way to learn your phone is to try things and break it a few times, hard-reset and move forward thats how I learned, that and tons of reading from those that did stuff prior to me coming along

Im hoping this isnt going to degrade into a pizzing match between you both as I really cant stand that in a thread and if it does end up heading that way, please take it to PMs to throw each other under a bus and not on a public thread (again IF it heads that way - I personally hope it doesnt as there are more than enough competent brains at work here on a variety of things LOL)

Last edited by detroit_doug; 03-26-2010 at 02:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:56 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: WM 6.5.5 ROMS.Sense 2.5 Sprint&Generic

its not a big deal fellas, funnything is thats not the polling i was talking about, its just a reg.edit where its changed from 5,000 to 20,000.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: 03/24/10 WM 6.5.5 ROMS.Sense 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Yes we can, the person who replied does not know what he or she is talking about. You have to go into EPST and configure it. Later this afternoon I will post how to do this as it has been a while.

Just tried it works. Below is from PPCgeeks user Baffles.

* First thing you must do is get your MSL.
I copied how to get the MSL from my own post read it to get your MSL.

If you do not know how to update your PRL read the following

1. On your dial pad, dial ##PRL# (or ##775#)
2. Enter your MSL (Read below. Thanks boxer112, this is the same method I used to get mine)
3. Tap "Menu" in the lower right corner
4. Tap "Edit"
5. Select "Browse" and locate the PRL file.
6. After selecting the PRL and loading it, select OK. Handset should power off then back on.

How to get your MSL on your touch pro

Change the following registry entries in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\ATDbgLog
Enable: 1
LogMode: 1

* Wait a about 10 minutes (more time will not hurt), and soft-reset.

* Check to see that the file \Atlog\ATDbg0.txt has been created.

* Return the values back to what they were (most likely 0) waiting the same amount of time as above.

* Look in the ATDbg0.txt file and you should see a log of commands sent to the CDMA radio and there should be something like this somewhere in the file:

~~~~~~~~~~~SNIP~~~~~~~~~~~~
00:00:00 Tx:AT+HTC_RMSL=0\r
00:00:00 Rx:+HTC_RMSL: (###THIS WILL BE THE MSL###)\r\n0\r
00:00:00 Tx:AT+HTC_ROTKSL=0\r
00:00:00 Rx:+HTC_ROTKSL: 123456\r\n0\r
~~~~~~~~~~~SNIP~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to Baffle's comments:

* You can tweak your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) to make your phone poll the tower more often. This makes your texts and phone calls come through quicker. This setting is a trade off between lag (most noticeable when receiving calls) and battery life. The default value on our phones is 2. Every step of 1 adds 1.28 seconds to the poll time, so at a value of 2 it is only polling every 5 seconds or so. Most people lower this to 1, so the phone polls every 2.5 seconds. This won't affect battery life much in areas of good coverage, but may impact it noticeably if you're in a poor reception area. Your Access Overload Class (ACCOLC) determines your phone's priority on the cell tower. The higher the number, the lower the priority. Do note that 0 and 1 are reserved for emergency service uses, so DO NOT use these. You can ACCOLC's of 2-9, default on Sprint should be the last digit of your phone number.
* Now that I've laid down the basic groundwork of the two main mods, here's how to change them. Don't mess with settings in here unless you know exactly what you're doing, as phone performance and usability will be affected. To enter programming mode, open your phone screen and dial ##778# (may be ##778 on some devices, if that doesn't work, run EPST.exe from \Windows). Click edit, type in your MSL, and hit OK. Now choose View Info in the lower left corner, and hit NAM settings. On this page you can change your ACCOLC (remember, don't use 0 or 1). Now, switch to the Modem Settings page to change your SCI (default is 2, valid values are 0-7). Now accept the changes and soft reset, and you're updated!
* More information can be found http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11610

Mine is set to 4 and I have no problems. Also for ACCOLC I used what ever you want. If you want priority select you poison. hahahaha. =P

Cheers,

Mikee
Thank you for info.

So theoreticly increasing SCI value might improve the battery when poor signal,but incoming phone calls could be in trouble,right?
Old 03-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

too quiet...
I guess its time for skinning
Old 03-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
too quiet...
I guess its time for skinning
Yeah,
This new phonecanvas is kicking my a$$. I have all the files done, but when I cab them up it won't install. I have security completely disabled- I tried signing the dll's- I don't get it.

Are you still working on the sprint manila?
Old 03-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas123 View Post
Yeah,
This new phonecanvas is kicking my a$$. I have all the files done, but when I cab them up it won't install. I have security completely disabled- I tried signing the dll's- I don't get it.

Are you still working on the sprint manila?
Im afraid to add those "unknown" for me sprint specific packages.Sprint music problem has something to do with connection settings
Did you tryed to kill cprog.exe before installing dialer skin?

Last edited by vin255764; 03-26-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Did you tryed to kill cprog.exe before installing dialer skin?
Nope, but I will. I didn't have to on the old one. I did narrow it down to the dll's though. I ripped them straight from the rom. If the cprog.exe trick doesn't work I'm going to start from scratch, unsign the dll's, edit them, and then resign.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas123 View Post
Nope, but I will. I didn't have to on the old one. I did narrow it down to the dll's though. I ripped them straight from the rom. If the cprog.exe trick doesn't work I'm going to start from scratch, unsign the dll's, edit them, and then resign.
I'd love to see your new dialer
as far as I knoiw killing cprog helps.fdc taskmanager should be able to do it
Old 03-26-2010, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

TP1085 is becoming a great contributor

So whats the best way to get 4x4 quicklinks without cookie and without breaking anything else? I've seen some cabs, but didnt know what worked without causing problems. Thanks!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
I'd love to see your new dialer
as far as I knoiw killing cprog helps.fdc taskmanager should be able to do it
Definitely a signing problem. Killing cprog didn't work. Here is the wierd thing-
I can sign the dll's, check them, and the signature shows good.
I cab them up w/ everything else, and get a trusted certificate error. So you would think it is another file or the cab not being signed, but if I rip the dll's out the rest of the cab installs fine.

That and it makes even more sense because I have security (i.e certificate checking) disabled with the ms security manager tool.

Right now I'm tweaking the skin by installing everything except for the dll's w/ the cab, and copying the dll's over with Resco. I'll post it up here when/if I get it to install via the cab.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development