View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 02:58 PM
vin255764
Its FLASHING time!!!
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 03/24/10 WM 6.5.5 ROMS.Sense 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Yes we can, the person who replied does not know what he or she is talking about. You have to go into EPST and configure it. Later this afternoon I will post how to do this as it has been a while.

Just tried it works. Below is from PPCgeeks user Baffles.

* First thing you must do is get your MSL.
I copied how to get the MSL from my own post read it to get your MSL.

If you do not know how to update your PRL read the following

1. On your dial pad, dial ##PRL# (or ##775#)
2. Enter your MSL (Read below. Thanks boxer112, this is the same method I used to get mine)
3. Tap "Menu" in the lower right corner
4. Tap "Edit"
5. Select "Browse" and locate the PRL file.
6. After selecting the PRL and loading it, select OK. Handset should power off then back on.

How to get your MSL on your touch pro

Change the following registry entries in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\ATDbgLog
Enable: 1
LogMode: 1

* Wait a about 10 minutes (more time will not hurt), and soft-reset.

* Check to see that the file \Atlog\ATDbg0.txt has been created.

* Return the values back to what they were (most likely 0) waiting the same amount of time as above.

* Look in the ATDbg0.txt file and you should see a log of commands sent to the CDMA radio and there should be something like this somewhere in the file:

~~~~~~~~~~~SNIP~~~~~~~~~~~~
00:00:00 Tx:AT+HTC_RMSL=0\r
00:00:00 Rx:+HTC_RMSL: (###THIS WILL BE THE MSL###)\r\n0\r
00:00:00 Tx:AT+HTC_ROTKSL=0\r
00:00:00 Rx:+HTC_ROTKSL: 123456\r\n0\r
~~~~~~~~~~~SNIP~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to Baffle's comments:

* You can tweak your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) to make your phone poll the tower more often. This makes your texts and phone calls come through quicker. This setting is a trade off between lag (most noticeable when receiving calls) and battery life. The default value on our phones is 2. Every step of 1 adds 1.28 seconds to the poll time, so at a value of 2 it is only polling every 5 seconds or so. Most people lower this to 1, so the phone polls every 2.5 seconds. This won't affect battery life much in areas of good coverage, but may impact it noticeably if you're in a poor reception area. Your Access Overload Class (ACCOLC) determines your phone's priority on the cell tower. The higher the number, the lower the priority. Do note that 0 and 1 are reserved for emergency service uses, so DO NOT use these. You can ACCOLC's of 2-9, default on Sprint should be the last digit of your phone number.
* Now that I've laid down the basic groundwork of the two main mods, here's how to change them. Don't mess with settings in here unless you know exactly what you're doing, as phone performance and usability will be affected. To enter programming mode, open your phone screen and dial ##778# (may be ##778 on some devices, if that doesn't work, run EPST.exe from \Windows). Click edit, type in your MSL, and hit OK. Now choose View Info in the lower left corner, and hit NAM settings. On this page you can change your ACCOLC (remember, don't use 0 or 1). Now, switch to the Modem Settings page to change your SCI (default is 2, valid values are 0-7). Now accept the changes and soft reset, and you're updated!
* More information can be found http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11610

Mine is set to 4 and I have no problems. Also for ACCOLC I used what ever you want. If you want priority select you poison. hahahaha. =P

Cheers,

Mikee
Thank you for info.

So theoreticly increasing SCI value might improve the battery when poor signal,but incoming phone calls could be in trouble,right?