PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

buddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jan.31.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimberto View Post
I think I just need an Android, iPhone, or Windows & device.
I think you need a Xanax
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc tp2 verizon
Carrier: vodaphone

krazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuff

Quote:
I doubt if I can adequately describe how much I HATE this ROM, so I shall simply bid this thread farewell.
quite honestly no one asked for your opinion anyways.if u didnt like the rom moving on without nasty comments is also acceptable by the chefs and others who like the rom and post regularly on the thread!!!!
and even if you didnt like the rom a thanks for creating it is yet due
best of luck for whatever you move onto!!!

phone pyramid
imate kjam to asus P527 to HTC Touch Pro 2
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude View Post
quite honestly no one asked for your opinion anyways.if u didnt like the rom moving on without nasty comments is also acceptable by the chefs and others who like the rom and post regularly on the thread!!!!
and even if you didnt like the rom a thanks for creating it is yet due
best of luck for whatever you move onto!!!
Agreed,at least the poster came back and apologized. There is hope for the world?
Old 02-05-2011, 06:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Sorry. I had to come back and apologise. The reasons I hate this ROM are nothing to do with this specific VINdows version. I think I just need an Android, iPhone, or Windows & device.
After considering the problems encountered by a previous posters frustration,
I understand the fustration with WinMo.
The stock roms are just not up to par.

I don't consider the TP2 a good phone for novice users,
or users who want a full-proof experience.
This is definitely a phone for hacking/modding.

That being said,
it is important we don't make mistake to discourage and turn away frustrated posters.

This can be a challenge to find the root of a poster's problem,
and show how you can have a good experince with a TP2.
Especially with these roms I believe are superior

So zimberto, try a fresh flash of this rom and tell us your issues.

Last edited by Maxx134; 02-05-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc tp2 verizon
Carrier: vodaphone

krazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
it is important we don't make mistake to discourage and turn away frustrated posters.

This can be a challenge to find the root of a poster's problem,
and show how you can have a good experince with a TP2.
Especially with these roms I believe are superior

So zimberto, try a fresh flash of this rom and tell us your issues.
i can understand about asking for solutions for a particular problem...no custom rom is perfect..we all know that!
but dont disrespect a cooks hardwork.!!!!
at the end of the day like i said b4 we are getting a new lease of life on our outdated phones!
if you see the threads ther are so many good cooks who have stopped cooking for the phone...Timberwolf is a prime example... and his only grouse was that there are so many people d/l his roms but no one giving any thanks!!!!
i mean are we turning into an ungrateful world or what? and to top that off we have lurkers who come and post such nasty comments!!
I mean cant you think before you post? Think aboout the days and nights that Vin and other cooks spend tinkering with their roms or posting on other forums to find solutions to problems.....and then be humble and say THANKS!!!!!
if you dont like the rom ask politely for help!!!! If you dont like the rom change it!!! I for one have tried and tested NRG / Timberwolf / Vin / Maxsense / etc etc ..But i would never diss any cooks effort!!!!!!!

Please dont discourage the cook from making new roms cause its other people like us who like their roms who suffer by not getting updates......

BOTTOM LINE!!! PLEASE BE POLITE!!! and a few words of encouragement & THANKS (especially for something you are getting for free!!!!) wont hurt ya anyways!!!!!

I am sorry guys but I am old fashined about helping and saying thanks where its due!!!!!
and i do yet get pissed off with posters like that!!!!!!
and i know that he apologized and stuff but hey please think before you post cause a single line can upset a lot of people and a single bad post can cause a cook to stop cooking.....which imho
@ ZIMBERTO : if ya dont like the ride get off without making a noise....

Last edited by krazydude; 02-05-2011 at 08:10 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Long Live the TP2!
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

alohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think he meant "OS" rather than "ROM". The reason he posted in this thread only indicates that he already tried the rest and posted on the best....

As for OS options, we all know that we can't make everyone happy all of the time! Just as Apple has been loosing ground to Google by leaps and bounds, today's headline: Survey: 44% of Verizon Android users likely to switch to iPhone on Day One - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech

Good luck.

If at first you don't succeed,
skydiving isn't for you.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohanela View Post
Just as Apple has been loosing ground to Google by leaps and bounds, today's headline: Survey: 44% of Verizon Android users likely to switch to iPhone on Day One - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech
Good luck.
Yes the majority of people just want flashy and easy interface, so we may see some people change devices.
I am betting majority of people can see thru that and are not buying into inferior OS with Iphone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude View Post
if you see the threads ther are so many good cooks who have stopped cooking for the phone...Timberwolf is a prime example... and his only grouse was that there are so many people d/l his roms but no one giving any thanks!!!!....
I am recollecting a memory that ties these two posts together.
When the excellent cook "Silence" said he was leaving and getting an Iphone
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Sorry. I had to come back and apologise. The reasons I hate this ROM are nothing to do with this specific VINdows version. I think I just need an Android, iPhone, or Windows & device.
thats why we all here keep trying to improve win mo which is almost impossible.
I cooked 5 droid evo roms and all bugs and quirks solved now,even battery life.Its just works!

For win mo it took me 2 years to get to this point and Im not happy with it either.Imagine how I feel lol
I cannot even force myself to fireup wm kitchen and update sense...

Last edited by vin255764; 02-05-2011 at 05:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
thats why we all here keep trying to improve win mo which is almost impossible.
I cooked 5 droid evo roms and all bugs and quirks solved now,even battery life.Its just works!

For win mo it took me 2 years to get to this point and Im not happy with it either.Imagine how I feel lol
I cannot even force myself to fireup wm kitchen and update sense...
Vin, my friend

+4 on that and I understand you as well like the rest of us. It can be frustrating sometimes.

Still, Vin you have lots of users that believe in you and are right by your side. I know that you will find the time to fire up the kitchen again.

When we all look around, it feels like a family and a gathering of friends sticking to each other in the times of need.

And we are standing all together and this thread for whatever the reason will still go on and when you least expect it the answer will pop up and realize that it was there all the time, just waiting.

Last edited by GIZELLE; 02-06-2011 at 09:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development