PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do You Use This Rom Fulltime?
Yes, This is what winmo 6.1 was made for.. Manila 2.5 72 40.68%
No, would never agian use a winmo 6.1 rom!! 71 40.11%
I have used it, but hate Winmo 6.1 34 19.21%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 01:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Something
Carrier: Sprint

seebeexee is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Blackout Rom|Manilla 2.5|WinMo 6.1|(Global 2.5)|3.5.10|All CDMA Carrier Support|

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliyxx View Post
argh, i completely assumed they were but they were actually 2.1, overlooked that sorry.
I don't know if you're still looking for some compatible sliders, but the sliders on this page all work with Sense 2.5.2012. I tried the Windows 7 slider, and it worked perfectly.

Here's a question: is there a way to enable the bottom curtain along the slider? I actually like having it there so the background doesn't show between slider buttons...

Last edited by seebeexee; 03-22-2010 at 01:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx
Re: Blackout Rom|Manilla 2.5|WinMo 6.1|(Global 2.5)|3.5.10|All CDMA Carrier Support|

I actually stumbled upon that site and downloaded a few already. Thanks though!

Old 03-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Things have been running so cleanly that I have been thinking giving max manila another go. Anybody test it out with the latest blackout rom? I know a while back Adrian had posted that only older versions of max worked, but I can't find that post (to be fair I didn't look very hard.)

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog
Old 03-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Verizon)
Carrier: AT&T

strikeone is a n00b

gonna give this a whirl....I'll report back. thanks.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:07 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
Things have been running so cleanly that I have been thinking giving max manila another go. Anybody test it out with the latest blackout rom? I know a while back Adrian had posted that only older versions of max worked, but I can't find that post (to be fair I didn't look very hard.)
I remember trying it a few weeks ago, but on an older version of the ROM. If I remember correctly, there were a few issues. I haven't tried it on this current build.

I'm currently using Co0kie Home Tab v1.6.1 to customize my manila settings; and it works great.

Also, I'm using the B4All made for this manila version and it corrects the landscape wallpaper issues currently existing in this ROM. I can post the CABs (or the links to where I found them) if anyone needs them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:09 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliyxx View Post
I actually stumbled upon that site and downloaded a few already. Thanks though!
No problem. It looks like we were having the exact same issues: I tried a few sliders meant for different versions before stumbling upon that site myself.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebeexee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
I remember trying it a few weeks ago, but on an older version of the ROM. If I remember correctly, there were a few issues. I haven't tried it on this current build.

I'm currently using Co0kie Home Tab v1.6.1 to customize my manila settings; and it works great.

Also, I'm using the B4All made for this manila version and it corrects the landscape wallpaper issues currently existing in this ROM. I can post the CABs (or the links to where I found them) if anyone needs them.
where did u get a bg4all that was made just for the manila verison? i may need to replace my current version with it !!

to everyone please post any of ur findings! if u have found a mod that works fine feel free to post it im sure it will help someone using this rom!!

i really dont use many mods cuz i want to be able to tell if my rom is having the issues or the mod's combatiblity with the rom is causing the issuse

Keep in mind that alot of the mods made where based on a 6.5 rom with 2.5 manila. so some things will not work!! like for example in my rom if u have never noticed in settings personalize there is a option to change the picture of the lock screen! i have never used it but i assume it will not work cuz it was made for 6.5 in mind!!

Old 03-23-2010, 12:32 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

where did u get a bg4all that was made just for the manila verison? i may need to replace my current version with it !!

to everyone please post any of ur findings! if u have found a mod that works fine feel free to post it im sure it will help someone using this rom!!

i really dont use many mods cuz i want to be able to tell if my rom is having the issues or the mod's combatiblity with the rom is causing the issuse

Keep in mind that alot of the mods made where based on a 6.5 rom with 2.5 manila. so some things will not work!! like for example in my rom if u have never noticed in settings personalize there is a option to change the picture of the lock screen! i have never used it but i assume it will not work cuz it was made for 6.5 in mind!!

Here is where I found the bg4All cab for manila 2.5.2011 and 2.5.2012: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111673. I have posted it here also. It's got "TEST" in its name, but it works great.

There is another cab out there that claims to work on all WVGA devices, but it doesn't work right. The one at the link above works perfectly.

Here is the thread for the Co0kie Home Tab customizing page: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483

Both mods work well on this ROM. Now, how about that bottom curtain? Does anyone know how to restore/enable it?
Attached Files
File Type: cab BG4All 2.5.2011 & 2.5.2012 TEST 2.cab (41.9 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by seebeexee; 03-23-2010 at 12:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

For those who were interested my attempt to install max manila failed. It resulted in a functional buck blacked out sense (and not in a good way). Items still worked but you couldn't see much of anything. Good news was uninstall worked without issue and I am back to smooth sailing.

BTW: Feel like battery life with this ROM is even better than previous builds. I can get 48 hours out of light use.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Ok Check this out!!

After installing BG4ALL(2_5_2012TEST2) , Co0kie.HomeTab_v1.6.1 , and CHTEditor.v1.6.1 i have seen minor to no slow down!! the only place i have seen slow down was during the startup while the weather animations are running!!

this is the list of software i install on my rom:

Resco explorer with ftp support and registry support
spb screenshot
palringo
wmtorrent v3
joojoobee arcsoft MMS for VZW
tweaks XT9 disable
skyfire
Exidler Finger Keyboard

just added:
BG4ALL(2_5_2012TEST2)
Co0kie.HomeTab_v1.6.1
CHTEditor.v1.6.1

This info is for anyone that wants to know my config!!
alos the PP on this rom is set at 30 so battery life could be better!! this rom has one of the best batery lifes` but i could be better!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
21056, 6.1, blackout rom, manila 2.5, manilla 2.5, sense 2.5, sprint, wiki