PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3/WM6.5 Sense 2.1 (Jan 3rd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrn1138 View Post
Are you going to make a Titanium-only version of WM 6.5.3 (Build 28014) with the Start button on the bottom, or is your Titanium-only version strictly WM 6.5 (Build 21887) with the Start button at the top?
Yeah, maybe for tomorrow. Took the day off today (from cooking, not life unfortunately).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Sashimi is still better than XDA_UC. Let me tell you why real quick. If you try a lot of different cooks roms, you wouldn't want your "customization" to run on first boot when trying a new rom that you never tried b4. The cook may have applications already installed that you are reinstalling. I would like to see the bare rom first. Then customize whenever I want. I can do that with Sashimi.
True, Sashimi is also much more robust. It's also has a huge learning curve, something that most people (including myself!) won't take the time to learn. XDA_UC is a no brainer: create directory, drop in files. For that reason, it's much better for the majority of folks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaworthen View Post
I agree as well. Sashimi has worked very well for me, and it eliminates the issue that you describe.
How about...you just pop out the microSD card on 1st boot? Or simply rename the directory.

Keep it simple.

Going further, my including XDA-UC doesn't preclude you from using Sashimi, does it? So let those who want to use it, use it and you can continue using Sashimi. Seems easy enough. But for the average guy, I think XDA_UC is brilliant in its simplicity. Sashimi will always be niche.

Last edited by Malatesta; 01-04-2010 at 08:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

lgrulz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlgrulz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlgrulz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey Mal this ROM I'm running is badass! This is the longest that I have ran a single ROM... I have one question here it goes. I running a custom taskbar CDMA_bilbobrian_taskbar_mightedit and the TP2-Batt 1%. They seem to run fine until nightfall and I charge. In the morning the custom battery icon is missing and a reset doesn't fix. That's all I got. Could be another cab or something on my part... Oh by the way I'm running your 6.5.3. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

nate122122 is a n00b

my internet wont work on this rom. any solutions on how to fix this?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate122122 View Post
my internet wont work on this rom. any solutions on how to fix this?
When you click on the icon on the tab does anything come up? The version of Opera cooked in must be first accessed from the start menu. After that you have to accept the agreement, then you can use it from the tab. A file/host error will keep coming up each time you use it. I installed a previous version of Opera and made it my default so I can access it from the internet tab. If this helps you out I can post the cab for it.
If this is not your issue, sorry about that. Maybe a little more info?
(see Mal, I do listen!)
Old 01-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

nate122122 is a n00b

my error says could not locate remote server
so u r right that i have an error message. i went and opened it from the start menu and it still did not work. no option to accept anything
Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jaworthen is keeping up the good workjaworthen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
Yeah, maybe for tomorrow. Took the day off today (from cooking, not life unfortunately).

True, Sashimi is also much more robust. It's also has a huge learning curve, something that most people (including myself!) won't take the time to learn. XDA_UC is a no brainer: create directory, drop in files. For that reason, it's much better for the majority of folks.

How about...you just pop out the microSD card on 1st boot? Or simply rename the directory.

Keep it simple.

Going further, my including XDA-UC doesn't preclude you from using Sashimi, does it? So let those who want to use it, use it and you can continue using Sashimi. Seems easy enough. But for the average guy, I think XDA_UC is brilliant in its simplicity. Sashimi will always be niche.
Mal, good thoughts. In reality, I like them both, but I do agree that XDA_UC is easier to use and set up. Your idea of directory rename will work perfect. Keep smiling!

If I've helped in any way, please hit the THANKS button - and thanks!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP
Re: (Dec 24th) |MalROM| WM6.5.3 Manila 2.1/Titanium [Sprint]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
lol, I have a lot on my mind. Just wrote a Samsung article and I'm playing with the LG eXpo...and I need coffee.
I hate you... I'm still trying hard to get my expo but my stupid corperate account and work settings are causing me issues to get mine....

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
Old 01-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Great work as usual malatesta, the latest 21887 build is my favorite so far, thanks.

PS: Yes I am looking at you astainhellbring , I been waiting for an updated rom from you guys in your thread. I really liked that rom quite a bit, I even liked the splash screen everyone else complained about. Its been 2 months since the initial release of that rom, I just wish you guys updated it more or something.

Last edited by themuffinman; 01-04-2010 at 11:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: (Dec 24th) |MalROM| WM6.5.3 Manila 2.1/Titanium [Sprint]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstainHellbring View Post
I hate you... I'm still trying hard to get my expo but my stupid corperate account and work settings are causing me issues to get mine....
heh, well...it helps to be in the biz a bit

Gotta say, I really, really like the eXpo. It's not perfect, but I like it. Wish Sprint had it.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

fakereal is a n00b

Hi Mal or anyone running the latest TITANIUM build (it's super fast, love it), does anyone know how I can organize the icons list/start menu(after pressing windows key)? In the 1.5 b3 WM6.5 w/ Sense 2.1 regular version, all you had to do was CLICK and HOLD then the icon "lifts off" so you can drag to any position you want. Titanium build only gives the option to MOVE TO TOP when you click-hold an icon. Thanks for any help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development