View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3/WM6.5 Sense 2.1 (Jan 3rd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrn1138 View Post
Are you going to make a Titanium-only version of WM 6.5.3 (Build 28014) with the Start button on the bottom, or is your Titanium-only version strictly WM 6.5 (Build 21887) with the Start button at the top?
Yeah, maybe for tomorrow. Took the day off today (from cooking, not life unfortunately).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Sashimi is still better than XDA_UC. Let me tell you why real quick. If you try a lot of different cooks roms, you wouldn't want your "customization" to run on first boot when trying a new rom that you never tried b4. The cook may have applications already installed that you are reinstalling. I would like to see the bare rom first. Then customize whenever I want. I can do that with Sashimi.
True, Sashimi is also much more robust. It's also has a huge learning curve, something that most people (including myself!) won't take the time to learn. XDA_UC is a no brainer: create directory, drop in files. For that reason, it's much better for the majority of folks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaworthen View Post
I agree as well. Sashimi has worked very well for me, and it eliminates the issue that you describe.
How about...you just pop out the microSD card on 1st boot? Or simply rename the directory.

Keep it simple.

Going further, my including XDA-UC doesn't preclude you from using Sashimi, does it? So let those who want to use it, use it and you can continue using Sashimi. Seems easy enough. But for the average guy, I think XDA_UC is brilliant in its simplicity. Sashimi will always be niche.

Last edited by Malatesta; 01-04-2010 at 08:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.