PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: AT&T

SouthernAtHeart is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3 (23518)|WM6.5 (21889) [Jan 14th]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTEngel85 View Post
As a matter of fact... I was just installing Pocket ZIP (I think that's what it was called)... I had loaded a .ZIP file I was wanting to unzip, and it was apparently going to take a while so I let my phone set. When I picked it up... whammy... it was off. So, yeah... pretty sure it was my bust, but again... i'm a noob. I paid for this phone straight out, so i'd like to see what it can really do... just don't wanna "break" it again...lol Thanks again, Geek.

-Chris
You mentioned 'restoring for a backup' That can cause problems sometimes, especially if you flash a different ROM. You don't want to restore programs and such, maybe contacts, but nothing that would still retain the old stock or you can get things corrupted...
Old 01-18-2010, 02:03 AM
slikna99

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Does anyone notice that the colon comes out as a backslash and vice versa? Also happens with a few other keys
Old 01-18-2010, 02:20 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikna99 View Post
Does anyone notice that the colon comes out as a backslash and vice versa? Also happens with a few other keys
maybe try the sprint kb fix cab, use the paperclip on other roms, not sure if its posted on mals.
did you run provison cab? for got to ask that.
shouldnt need it but here.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 04-02-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikna99 View Post

The colon, backslash and other keys work fine.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTEngel85 View Post
Hello All,
This is my first post and i'm sad to say the subject is not quite what I had hoped for... I flashed my very first ROM the other day... This ROM to be exact... And while Malatesta's ROM is nothing short awesome, I have a big problem now... My Touch Pro 2 (Sprint) just shut off one day... I figured no big deal right? Wrong... I went to start it up and it goes to what i'm guessing is the boot screen (Touch pro2 shown and a bunch of red numbers and letters at the bottom)... And it just stays there... I've let it run for at least an hour and it's still there... What do I do? Did I just brick my phone? Is there a way to flash even without the phone turning on? Please help as i'm obviously a noob at this... Thanks all in advance and hopefully this is an easy fix...

-Chris
Chris, are you also on the most recent HSPL? I know you mentioned this is your first flashed ROM (very good choice btw) but you didn't say when you had actually unlocked. You might want to try updating to the latest HSPL, it will not HR your phone at all, and that was one problem many people were having. I personally had the same issue on other ROM's and can say it's not the ROM's issue, it's something with the phone. When you flashed to Mal's ROM, did you HR/clear storage after you flashed and before you did anything else? If not, make sure you do, and then start the rebuilding process. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

Mal -- have you confirmed that the 6.5.3 1B6 release exhibits a bug where the alarm "dismiss" notification is absent? All other actions are availble (snooze 5 min, dismis all, etc.), but on my Sprint TP2 I can't see any individual alarm dismiss option.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mlambert77 is becoming a great contributor

I tried searching, couldn't find it. Anyone know how to send a video? I can send a picture mail just fine, but I can't figure out how to send video.

Thanks
Old 01-18-2010, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

harvick2933 is keeping up the good workharvick2933 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to harvick2933

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlambert77 View Post
I tried searching, couldn't find it. Anyone know how to send a video? I can send a picture mail just fine, but I can't figure out how to send video.

Thanks
Are you running 6.5.3?
Old 01-18-2010, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Did you provision and did you d/l any arcsoft cab? How are you trying to send it, i.e. in album, click on the envelope, etc?
Old 01-18-2010, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: AT&T

SouthernAtHeart is becoming a great contributor

Running MalROM 6.5.3 on my Sprint touch pro2, is it possible to change the function of the left soft key on the home page from 'Contacts' to 'Calendar' or something else?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development