PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (Dec 23rd) |MalROM| v1.1b WM6.5.3 (28014)/Manila 2.1 for Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakereal View Post
Excellente!
Excellent compared to other 6.5 roms? Since I been flashing all these 6.5 roms from different chefs the battery life is nothing compared to the stock 6.1 rom. Now don't get me wrong its still better than my tp1 running any kind of custom rom but the battery performance on stock 6.1 on the tp2 is just excellent.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
v1.1b Final is a go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayweezie21 View Post
update on the erase of contacts and stuck at boot screen problem. unlocked with the new unlocker and flashed back...all has been good since last night.

love the rom!
Great, glad to hear! Hope it continues to work out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashie View Post
Hey Mal,
Before this goes to a final release, any chance you can add back in the stock 6.5 backgrounds? I noticed that under the Appearance setting the only themes listed now are "Classic Blue" and "amarullzGreenBlack"

Believe it or not, I actually turn off TF3D and prefer the stock 6.5 interface

Thanks for considering this.
-Mashie
You got it, check the link below or first page as I threw those in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Excellent compared to other 6.5 roms? Since I been flashing all these 6.5 roms from different chefs the battery life is nothing compared to the stock 6.1 rom. Now don't get me wrong its still better than my tp1 running any kind of custom rom but the battery performance on stock 6.1 on the tp2 is just excellent.
28014 is known for good battery life; on top of that I've done tweaks that are not found in the stock to make sure battery life is conserved

Run it for a few days with a few charges and give it a shot--it really is quite good, if I say so myself.

Everyone else: final version is up! It's the same as last night's version but has all the stock Titanium themes on board. So no need to upgrade unless you really need those themes.

I've also added LockDevice v1.6 to the #3 post--it will auto-lock your device with the WM6.5 slide unlock. Very cool and runs well with this ROM.

And by request I've shamelessly/shamefully (please choose one) added one of them there PayPal thingies, so you know...help me get these student loan guys off my back, or not .

Enjoy everyone, have a good holiday!

Last edited by Malatesta; 12-23-2009 at 01:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

valdor21 is a n00b

i'll be donating with the next check i get.. thats for sure. it will be my first donation on this site but not my last.. keep up the amazing work
Old 12-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

omfg start up animation puts a smile on my face everytime. lol...

Thanks Mal!
Old 12-23-2009, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor

Hey Mal,

I love your ROM. But there's always a "But". Coreplayer worked fine in QTV mode while displaying on a TV set using the stock ROM. The "blue flashing" issue was finally gone. Now since playing the ROM game, the blue flicker is back. There is a thread addressing this problem and the conclusion seems to be that the problem is HtC Sense. Turning it off doesn't help, but apparently if the ROM uses a the later Manila version, it is responsible for the blue flashing.

So, my question is this, is it possible to release a 6.5.3 ROM WITHOUT Manila/Sense? I have no idea of how easy or difficult that would be, hence my question. Then we could install something like SPB Mobile Shell and be able to use Coreplayer to display nicely on a TV set....... I used to think that TV out feature was stupid until I started to travel again and found it very nice to be able to hook up to a TV in the motel. Thanks again. You guy's are geniuses.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
So, my question is this, is it possible to release a 6.5.3 ROM WITHOUT Manila/Sense?
Yeah, I can do it. Will probably wait till the weekend if that's okay. I want to use my phone for a few days without flashing it, lol. But I can release a non-TF3D version.

Edit: I may be able it to do it sooner if you'd like to beta-test them. But it's a pretty easy mod, so shouldn't be any issues really.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 / Evo 4G (Soon)

BrianRVT is just getting started

How do you fix the browser hard button on the keyboard? I keep getting the 'cant find OperaL.exe' message. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRVT View Post
How do you fix the browser hard button on the keyboard? I keep getting the 'cant find OperaL.exe' message. Thanks in advance.
ooo...look at that, you found a bug! I'll have to find the key to remap the keyboard for that one. will have to get back to you.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

swank is a n00b

Amazing ROM. Period.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

I have got to say that I am one of the most laziest persons in the world(yes, I have no shame) and if I am comfortable with something it becomes very difficult for me to make a change. I been using another 6.5 rom for longest and I had it running perfectly but like most around here sometimes the flashing bug gets the best of you. So yes I finally decided to get up off my butt to flash this rom and I got to tell you that this rom right here is pretty amazing. Thanks malatesta for your work, as soon as things get settled down after the holidays I will definitely make a donation for your work.

Edit: To alll the sprint users, do yourself a favor and atleast give it a shot. You definitely won't be sorry.

Last edited by themuffinman; 12-23-2009 at 05:54 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development