PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jaworthen is keeping up the good workjaworthen is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (Dec 23rd) |MalROM| v1.1b WM6.5.3 (28014)/Manila 2.1 for Sprint

Mal, donation sent earlier today. This is one wickedly quick and stable ROM! Hope that you have a very Merry Christmas and and happy New Year!! Thanks for your great work!
Old 12-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/ATT

Mashie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
Yeah, I can do it. Will probably wait till the weekend if that's okay. I want to use my phone for a few days without flashing it, lol. But I can release a non-TF3D version.

Edit: I may be able it to do it sooner if you'd like to beta-test them. But it's a pretty easy mod, so shouldn't be any issues really.
Mal,
Count me in on testing that ROM without Sense also. Is is possible on this sans-sense rom to also swap the HTC slide to answer with the default WM 6.5 slide to answer/ignore? You know the one with two seperate sliders?

Awesome work, I would think that this rom came straight from Sprint

-Mashie
Old 12-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by swank View Post
Amazing ROM. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
.... So yes I finally decided to get up off my butt to flash this rom and I got to tell you that this rom right here is pretty amazing. Thanks malatesta for your work, as soon as things get settled down after the holidays I will definitely make a donation for your work.

Edit: To alll the sprint users, do yourself a favor and atleast give it a shot. You definitely won't be sorry.
Glad it's working out for you! It is a jump, that's for sure, but with this ROM, WM6.5.x is actually very nice and smooth. Plus all the tweaks go a long way. Hope it continues to work for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaworthen View Post
Mal, donation sent earlier today. This is one wickedly quick and stable ROM! Hope that you have a very Merry Christmas and and happy New Year!! Thanks for your great work!
Got the donation and thank you and to all of those who have donated, I'm quite humbled. Have a good holiday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashie View Post
Mal,
Count me in on testing that ROM without Sense also. Is is possible on this sans-sense rom to also swap the HTC slide to answer with the default WM 6.5 slide to answer/ignore? You know the one with two seperate sliders?

Awesome work, I would think that this rom came straight from Sprint

-Mashie
Cool. I can probably have a build tomorrow for you to try out. For the slider thing, it's complicated. I'm pretty positive I'll have to disable the TP2 phone-dialer and go with the WM stock--you'll loose the sensor support and the WM dialer is not so hot. In fact, you can try this in HD Tweak (settings --> system) where you can toggle between the two--give it a shot and see if it works.

I do agree that the WM6.5 lock screen/phone slider is neat, but I'm not sure I can get both to work. Will look into it though!
Old 12-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/ATT

Mashie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Glad it's working out for you! It is a jump, that's for sure, but with this ROM, WM6.5.x is actually very nice and smooth. Plus all the tweaks go a long way. Hope it continues to work for you.

Got the donation and thank you and to all of those who have donated, I'm quite humbled. Have a good holiday.

Cool. I can probably have a build tomorrow for you to try out. For the slider thing, it's complicated. I'm pretty positive I'll have to disable the TP2 phone-dialer and go with the WM stock--you'll loose the sensor support and the WM dialer is not so hot. In fact, you can try this in HD Tweak (settings --> system) where you can toggle between the two--give it a shot and see if it works.

I do agree that the WM6.5 lock screen/phone slider is neat, but I'm not sure I can get both to work. Will look into it though!
Completely understand and I agree that the stock dialer isn't so great and the HTC dialer is much better. I have tried several things to try and get the stock 6.5 slide to answer including disabling the HTC dialer but I was never able to get it to work on an HTC device. I did confirm that the default answer images are in the /Windows directory but could not figure out how HTC setup their answer skin.

One thing to note is that on the Intrepid, it uses the default WM 6.5 slide to answer and the Samsung dialer...
Old 12-23-2009, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

rquinn19 is keeping up the good workrquinn19 is keeping up the good work

Is there a way to install the HTC task manager? This one has always given me problems. At times it doesn't popup.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Mal, this looks like a damn solid piece of fine work. I have been running the final build of recently banned member's rom (who shall remain nameless) and have been very happy with it, but I am going to flash this right now. Thanks for all of the obvious hard work you put into this and if you ever need another beta tester, just let me know.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rquinn19 View Post
Is there a way to install the HTC task manager? This one has always given me problems. At times it doesn't popup.
At this time I believe it's not at all compatible with 6.5.X, if you don't like the xperia one you can install quickmenu, but it will change the mapping of the hardware windows key to open quickmenu if you cab install it.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:41 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i loaded a phone skin and i have the HTC volume control... no big deal tho but i guess its because the phone skin

Old 12-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

This is the task bar I was using that I got from over at mighty's thread if anyone wants to give it a shot. Your regular task bar cabs from 6.5 wont work correctly on 6.5.x if I am not mistaken.
Attached Files
File Type: cab CDMA_BilboBrian_TaskBar.cab (6.33 MB, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Old 12-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Is it me or is the ring type doesn't stick like on the stock sprint rom? I usually use vibrate and ring and if I soft reset it defaults back to just ring, or if I turn off the ringer and turn it back on it will default back to ring instead of my previous setting of ring and vibrate.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development