PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 04:22 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <>02-15-2010<>Medium Hill ROM's<>Sense 2.5/Titanium<>23534-21890*NEW CUSTOM UC AP

Ok guys and gals, all ROM's are uploaded, and post #1 has been updated appropriately with new links for the ROM's.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

JSnively is keeping up the good workJSnively is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: <>02-15-2010<>Medium Hill ROM's<>Sense 2.5/Titanium<>23534-21890*NEW CUSTOM UC AP

Hey Dibbs the messaging build will work and do MMS right just not in the HTC app. I am assuming this is so normal text messages are in the HTC Messaginf client.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Yes, regular SMS works fine in HTC Messaging. But for "Sprint" users, you will have to use the regular default WM texting app for MMS. All other carriers should be fine using the HTC Messaging app for MMS though, as I think Sprint is the only one remaining who has issues with MMS and HTC Messaging. You still need to load the carrier provisioning cab and MMS settings cab on first boot. Having HTC Messaging built in also does not break anything in the people tab (ie. adding a person to the tab for txt instead of call), or in the contacts menu.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Sorry, 2011 manila. I'm having problems installing the rhodium keyboard driver on this rom though. Anybody else?
You need to install the sdkcerts.cab, then install the rhodium keyboard driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
So speak up people, does everyone want to include htc messaging?, and you sprint user's will just have to go take an extra step to view your MMS?
I prefer to have htc messaging.

Quote:
Ok guys and gals, all ROM's are uploaded, and post #1 has been updated appropriately with new links for the ROM's.
That was quick... any major difference between the test rom and this final release (besides the htc messaging)? I got my phone all setup, and don't feel like re-flashing unless there are some major changes/fixes. I'll probably just wait till the next update.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:41 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Nope no difference really, the test rom (23534) is the same, and the other just adds the htc messaging client. It was running so well on my phone, and the reports seemed good, so i figured i would just run with it. Only thing that got left out was the version 2 upgrade to the UC app, and that was due to me being lazy and not wanting to exit out of mac os to reboot my laptop to windows to load up VS to compile the exe, LOL. As i copied my kitchen to my desktop yesterday to get a little extra speed, lol,
desktop = quad core proc, 6 GB ram
laptop = dual core proc, 2 GB ram

cooks a little quicker and it frees up the laptop so i can use adobe web premium suite on the mac side to work offline in dreamweaver and photoshop. Now i just need to move VS to the desktop too......
Old 02-15-2010, 05:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Only thing that got left out was the version 2 upgrade to the UC app, and that was due to me being lazy and not wanting to exit out of mac os...
That is were you went wrong... using a mac os. lol. j/k.

Keep up the great work. Your roms are rockin.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:52 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post
That is were you went wrong... using a mac os. lol. j/k.

Keep up the great work. Your roms are rockin.
Thanks, glad it's working better for you now. I bought the Mac book pro because of the hardware, not the software The laptop is thinner than most 15" laptops, and no other laptop at the time i bought it at the end of 97 had LED screen's, only LCD, and it had the fastest proc, graphics card, etc.. for the money at the time. By no means did i buy it for the software hence Windows 7 on bootcamp... which is where i spend most of my time, except when i'm using adobe stuff, mostly cuz the color representation/palette looks better on the mac side actually.

Last edited by dibbson; 02-15-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I loaded the test rom also it seems fine except one problem in the Sprint mms, it still showed 512000 in the sending and receiving limits???
Old 02-15-2010, 06:17 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

yeah, i'm making a seperate cab that will be included. As not everyone needs the increase (like me) And it keeps me from getting big stupid MMS spam from friends I did update post one with info on settings for the increase. I'll try to have the cab posted soon, and include it in the next update.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

Dibbs -- really like what you've done with these ROMs!

Have you considered mapping the action menu/screen to the power button instead of the xpshutoff util? The action menu allows for reset, power-down, etc. and also provides one-tap access to toggles for wi-fi, bluetooth, phone, etc.

Also, does your new release have the new tabs for ebook, footprints, etc.?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development